Chapter Twenty-Three

I Want To Know You

 "In 1846, this person- HyunSeung-ssi, if you find my class boring to you, get out." 

I looked up to the owner of that voice with an irritating "teacher" tone blends behind. My mouth didn't open to say anything.

Next thing I know, in front of my eyes and above me is a grayish-blue sky. If it rains again while I'm up here, it'll get it. 

I sighed as I put both my hands behind my head. Always. Always end up on the roof no matter what happens.

Why does this roof so damn meaningful? It never was until there's two person up here.

Two person. 

DooJoon and I.

And thinking about that dream I had. 

Dreams are my desires. 

DooJoon showed up in my dream. A sighed escaped from my mouth again.   

 "Bull ." I muttered. "How can he say that without any care? Is he serious?"

Yesterday, he told me he love me. 

He said it without caring about anything else. Why? I don't get it.  

 "Why am I wrapped up in this anyways?" My voice echoed loudly in the air.

Jang HyunSeung. You know the reason. 

I feel the same way.

I like him, too.

But I'm just denying it. I don't want to accept it. I can't. He's the king and I'm a peasant. We can't be together.

We're different. 

DooJoon should be with someone like himself. I should be with someone equal to me. Both of us can't be together. It's uneven no matter how you look at it. 

I don't deserve him.   

 "What are you going to do now, HyunSeung-ah? Should you visit him today? Nah. It'll be real awkward. And painful...." I rolled over to my side. "You don't want to become lost and alone again, hmm?" 

That's right. This is why Yoon DooJoon and Jang HyunSeung doesn't fit with each other. 

I know the feeling of lost. And the feeling of alone. Abandoned. Hurt, too.

DooJoon, he also knows these feelings. This is probably the only think we're similar in. 

Lost.

Alone.

Abandon.

Hurt.

If I accept his feelings, in the future, both of us, DooJoon and I, will get hurt...

I don't know who'll hurt the most though.  

 "And I do not want to find out." I huffed. "Let's just go back to class."

I nodded to myself and pulled my body up. Once my hands brushed through my uniform, I exited the rooftop.

I'm back in class. Everyone shrugged like they don't care or they'll whisper to each other's ears. Gossiping. The teacher sighed but ignored it since he knows I'm too smart for these stuff anyways. 

Humans are curious.  So in front of the whole class, just before I sat down, the teacher decided to throw some words out into the trash can.  

 "Why are you even going to class when you've already know everything?" The teacher asked, pushing his glasses up higher up the bridge of his nose with his middle finger.  

 "Well, I just wanna hang around." I answered.  

 "This is a school. Not a place to hang around." He eyed me.  

 "Fine. I want to teach someone about what the teachers taught in classes." I smiled politely and bowed.

Just like that, the teacher nodded his head and continued writing materials on the black board. I sat down and mentally punched my face.

Did I just say "I want to teach someone"?? Especially "I want"? "WANT"? 

Adding on, that sentence did perfectly rolled out of my tongue. WITH NO ABSOLUTE HESITATION. 

Great. Oh, whatever. This proves that I want to see him again. 

I sighed heavily as I looked up at the board, trying to craved everything in my brain.

I really need to stop. 

Stop liking and loving him.