Chapter Thirty-Three

I Want To Know You

Mornings in Canada were comforting. I usually wake up in the middle of the night because I haven't gotten use to the time switch. But today, the chill sunlight greeted me.

I sneaked off of bed and stalked around the new mansion, still figuring the ways. It's been around a year now since I was dragged along to Canada. Not that I mind but a bit surprise at the I-am-going-to-decided-everything-on-my-own attitude. And shocked at the unrealistic fact of the nation's actor suddenly withdrew from the showbiz world. I didn't understand why he did that even though he always said he did it for me. 

I thought he wanted fame. But he told me the reason for him to audition and trap himself in this cruel hall of fame. He wanted love. 

He was lost in the sea of people. He was alone. He was dying slowly. He loses the strength to stand up. He needed support. He desired to be loved.  And that's how an actor filled with passion was born.  Yoon DooJoon. 

However, that wasn't the "love" he's been longing for. He completely make a fool out of himself for public eyes. 

I finally found the set of doors that leads its way to the huge garden behind the enormous mansion. I lightly pushed the double-door open all awhile praying the expensive maroon colored wood won't creak for it is still quite early in the morning. God answered my prayer. 

I walked out as I, again, carefully closed the doors behind me. The fresh and cool air immediately pierce through my thin sweater. I shivered a bit but decided to ignore it. 

I smiled as the magnificent painting displayed in front of me. If anything, I like to take walks in the garden. It's so peaceful and vibrant all at the same time. The scent of flowers, trees, grasses, nature in general clears my head. The feeling of freedom. 

I made my way to a round, white table in the middle of the garden. I pulled out one of the chair and sat down. My back to the entrance of the garden.  I rested my chin on top of my palm. I sat there, taking in the beauty of pure perfection. My lips twitched to a grin. Pure perfection. Funny.

There's really nothing on this planet is what-so-called pure perfection. 

Everything has its flaws. Everything never last forever. Everything dies in the end. 

My eyelids pulled down. My mind rolls the tape. DooJoon appeared. 

It plays back to the time we've been spending days, hours, and minutes with each other here, in this foreign country. 

It was fun. Really fun. Everyday, DooJoon would take me to somewhere new. We would enjoy ourselves to the fullest without anyone interrupting. And when dinner came around the corner, we'll go back home and have dinner with DaeHo-hyung and InSoo-hyung. A big table for only four people. After dinner, I would pull out books and papers. I would teach DooJoon until midnight. Sometimes we don't even take my lessons seriously and just joke around. I didn't care. We have all the time in this world. To ourselves. 

Like any other relationships, ours isn't perfect. There are times we fight and argue over things that were meant to be bury. There are times when the situation got very serious and DooJoon just ignores everyone and shuts himself up in his room until I came knocking at his door and begging him to open up. 

Then he would let me in and I would apologize, saying this whole thing is bull and stupid. And that I can't stand him skipping his meals because it's bad for his health. And that I love him so much to the extent it hurts to see him acting so immature.  DooJoon would lowered his head and mutters a "sorry". I would smiled and ruffled his hair. My hands would pinch his cheeks because he's so cute. We would kiss and the next day would be back to it had always been before the quarrel.

It didn't occur to me how childish and possessive DooJoon can be. But he acts a lot like a kid most of the time and sometimes he suddenly transformed into a mature, manly, grown man. 

I always about how bipolar he is. He always pout and push me away, mumbling he's like that because of me. 

I involuntary smiled widely like an idiot at the flashbacks. So many things happened. Good. Bad. Wonderful. Horrible. Amazing. Painful. Hopeless. Ups. And. Downs.

No matter what, I still can't help but love DooJoon even more. 

I want to learn more about him. Know him more. Understand him. Give him the love he wants. Treasure him. Be with him. I want to be the reason behind all of his tears and smiles. I don't need anything in return. Just his love.

Though I was not very nice to DooJoon at first. Acting cold and distance because he's a celebrity. I was able to see another side of him than just being on TV, oozing out charisma. I only fell for him for those flowers he picked and gave to me. Soon, I realized I fell for him for many other aspects of his. He's perfect.  Pure perfection. 

I chuckled lightly at myself. How ironic. I believed there's no such thing as pure perfection but now I see DooJoon as it.

In my heart. Yoon DooJoon is beyond perfect. 

I opened my eyes. I guess I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't notice the doors behind me opened. My eyes stared ahead, straight. My head stayed in position. No motion. I heard a chair right next to me being pulled.  

 

"Um.. Excuse me, may I sit here?" That voice belonged to that "star".

"Sure." I said without turning to look at him.  

"Thanks." He smiled.

 

Some things just never change. But some things do. Maybe the words exchanged to each other weren't so cold and careless any more. Maybe waking up without seeing the other sleeping peacefully beside, make the child-like one whined and misses his lover. Or his almost-to-be-husband.