Chapter Twenty-Two

I Want To Know You

 "So technically you supposed to divide this with this and multiply that with this, find the equation for this, seventh it, and there you go, problem solved." HyunSeung explained while his finger move to the numbers on the page.  

 "Mmm." I hummed.  

 "Now try it." He said. "And get it right." He added.

I blinked a couple time before pretending to understand his explanation and randomly scribbled digits on the paper.  

 "You weren't paying attention. I knew it." HyunSeung leaned back on his chair, he picked up a strawberry from the fruit bowl the maid bring up. "Really? What made you can't focus?" He pushed the strawberry into his mouth, whole.   

 "You." I smiled.  

 "Excuse me?"   

 "I can't focus because I was busy staring at you." I comfortably leaned back against the pillow that has been placed behind me by HyunSeung."You're beautiful. And I was captivated by your beauty."  

 "DooJoon..." He sighed deeply. 

Too deep for me to understand what's the meaning behind that sigh.  

 "I'm here. Trying hard to teach you whatever you're missing in class and you just... Can't you just... Stop?" HyunSeung averted his attention from me to somewhere else.  

 "No. I can't stop. HyunSeung, you know, I-"   

 "Please."  

 "I-"  

 "Yoon DooJoon."

I closed my mouth. HyunSeung firmly faced me. He did a pretty good job holding his gaze. It was sturdy. It wasn't weary or trembling. Well, at least not to anyone who sees it. 

But his eyes were shaking. I can tell. I've been observing him enough to notice every single detail.   

 "We should stop this." He said.  

 "Stop what?"   

 "I don't know. Stop whatever you are-"  

 "No, I can't stop. I'm sorry. I can't stop."  

 "DooJoon..."  

 "I can't stop the feelings I'm having for you, HyunSeung." I softly return his gaze.

He didn't say anything. His eyes leave mines. His head hung low. 

He's thinking. I realized.

So, I let him think. Think about my confession. Not about "the confession" an idol made. But mines. Myself. Just me. Yoon DooJoon. The confession made by a sincerely person on his bed all injured but fired up by his special someone. 

This thinking process dragged for a long time. I lost patience.   

 "Answer me. Stop thinking and-"  

 "You understand our situation?" He cuts me off.

His head lifted up. Our eyes met once again. This time, his eyes were beaming with anger.  

 "What?"  

 "We're different, DooJoon. We're different... We don't belong to each other. Doesn't matter how much you know or have some kind of feeling for me. Doesn't matter if I... If I feel the same way. It doesn't. We're different. Your world is too far out of my reach..." HyunSeung breathed as a thick line of liquid leaked out of his eyes. "Do you understand? You're an idol. You're rich, too. While I'm just... Trash.. What would society think? Especially you liking your own uality? This world is judgmental. You're going to lose everything. And I'm going to get hurt. We could just stay where we are and stop moving forward. I'm really sor-"  

 "I love you."  I ignored the pain as I stepped out of my bed.

My body sting as I slowly stood up.   

 "Listen." I breathed. "I don't care about anything else, but you. HyunSeung, I love you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello ~ This is a late-Sunday update. XD Yea it's currently 10pm right now..... ( -__________- ) Sorry for not updating earlier like I always does.... Just... Stuff came up and yep... Well, enjoy this SHORT SHORT update. Leave comments. And I'll be seeing you guys next week.

 BTW: It's the last chapter of DooJoon's P.O.V. ^_^ HyunSeung will return again in the next chapt. and follow after that.

 Promotion: I updated the EXO one-shot fic ( XiuChen ) I told y'all about on New Year's. Here's the link for those who are interested.. ----> Click HERE . Thank you for y'all beautiful angels support~