Chapter Ten

I Want To Know You

 "Eyyy. Don't make that face." Mr. Kim frowned.

 "Huh?" I flinched.

 "We're here." He chuckled.

 "Thank you, Mr. Kim."

 "Mr. Kim?! What?!"

 "Yes?"

 "Just call me DaeHo-hyung or hyung. I'm not that older than you."

 "Um... Okay.. Mr.- I mean DaeHo-hyungnim."

 "Ah. Whatever 'hyungnim' is okay."

We made our way into the mansion. DaeHo-hyungnim led me to a big room.

 "Isn't this a different room?" I looked around.

This room was much bigger and nicer than the room I was in yesterday. Just... WOW.

 "I was told to bring you here though." Hyungnim said.

 "DooJoon?"

 "You got it."

I let out a sigh.

 "There's no need to sigh." DaeHo-hyungnim chuckled softly.

I bit my lower lip.

 "Here, sit down." Hyungnim settled down on the cream colored sofa.

I slowly lower myself and sat down. The atmosphere was a bit awkward..... It's quiet....

 "HyunSeung, you know, DooJoon has never truly been nice to anyone." Hyungnim broke the silence.

 "Sorry, I don't believe that." I lightly laughed.

 "From the time he debuted to now, you're the first person besides the maids, the guards, the butlers, and I, to ever set footsteps in this mansion." He said.

 "What?" I didn't believe it.

 "It's implausible, I know. But it's the truth." His eyes darted out the gigantic glass window.

 "Me? First? That doesn't make sense... What about his parents?" I pointed out.

Right after I let those words slipped out of my mouth, I felt stupid. Why did I bring his parents into this? Of course his parents been in this mansion. But hyungnim didn't include DooJoon's parents when he mentioned "besides". Whatever way, I still felt stupid for asking.

 "Parents? I'm not sure. All I know is he's been living by himself with his servants.. When the agency send his info to me, I was confused. The paper was almost blank. All was written was his name and address. I didn't even know how old he was." He fixed his eyes at the cloudy sky outside the window.

 "What happened then?" I carelessly blurted out.

Why do I want to know? Why do I care? I don't know. Maybe I'm just curious.

 "I drove to the address that was given. My first impression was WOW! You know how it feels, right? The 'house' is beyond my imagination." Hyungnim turned to me.

 "Thank gosh I'm not the only one." I agreed.

 "Anyways, my first impression of him was PERFECT! He has god-given looks and figure. He has manners and so respectful. Though, he's still mysterious to me. After some weeks, we became really really close. I think him as my own little brother. About his parents, he never bring up that topic. And I didn't wanted to ask. So, it's been like 4 months now, his parents are never revealed." DaeHo-hyungnim slowly nodded his head.

 "None of his maids, butlers, or guards know?" Again, I blurted out carelessly.

 "They all shook their heads when I tried to ask. They all said they 'don't know'. It seems to me they don't want to say anything or they're not supposed to talk about it." Hyungnim sighed.

I drown in my thoughts. So, is he 'like' me? I don't know. Is he? How can I be sure? We're completely different. We both live in different worlds. He can never be 'like' me in any way.... My body suddenly aches.

 "Well, seems like Mr. Yoon got pretty 'attached' to you." DaeHo-hyungnim teased.

 "To be honest, I thought he was really cool whenever I watch his dramas on TV. But now, he's really annoying. He kept purposely pissing me off." I frowned.

Hyungnim didn't say anything. He just laughs. I looked at him, confused.

 "You must be very 'special' then." Hyungnim smiled.

 "I don't think so." I scoffed.

DaeHo-hyungnim smiled. I sighed.

 "Well, please take care of him when I'm not around. Thanks a whole bunch HyunSeung." Hyungnim winked.

Don't know what was that all about.

 "Sorry! Too many autographs to give out." A voice entered.

We both looked. It was DooJoon.

 "No problem. We were just chatting." Hyungnim stood up.

 "About?" DooJoon took off his backpack and placed it on a polished wooden chair.

 "Stuff." Hyungnim moved towards DooJoon.

 "What kind of stuff?" DooJoon stared straight at DaeHo-hyungnim.

 "Good luck. Bye." Hyungnim escaped the scene.

I sat uncomfortably with my head hung low. Noises can be heard.

 "Here. Let's begin." DooJoon's voice made me lifted my head.

I slowly rised up from my seat and move over to the table. I sat down and began working. I didn't say anything. He didn't talk either. I'm going to get this over with.

 "What did DaeHo-hyung told you?" DooJoon suddenly asked.

  "Nothing much. We were just having a little random chat." I answered.

My pencil kept moving. My eyes followed each words I wrote and each picture I drew.

 "Really?"

 "Yea."

He didn't ask anymore. I shrugged it off and continued concentrating on the project. After half an hour, it was completely done, except it's missing color.

 "Here. You do the coloring and decorating." I pushed the big paper across the table, where DooJoon was sitting.

 "Okay." He pulled the paper close to him.

DooJoon picked up a blue color pencil and started tracing the frame of the paper. I watched him. I have to. I mean if he does a bad job, my grades will suffer. Yea. I was thinking if I should leave, but something's pulling me back. Something's telling me to stay with him. Or just.... Watch him work.

 "You're not gonna leave?" DooJoon knocked me out of my thoughts.

 "No. I have to make sure it's perfect." I said.

That was a perfect excuse. Excuse....?

 "Good. I don't want you to leave." He smiled at the paper.

He picked up a different shade of blue, lighter than the one he first used. I'm guessing is sky blue?

 "Why?"

I regretted asking that. His answer hit me. Hard.

 "Because I'll be lonely." DooJoon said.

There's a long pause. He didn't look up. His eyes focused on the paper.

 "Because I'll feel like I've been abandoned again." DooJoon said.

He switched to a different shade of blue. This time is the shade that I know so well of. It was a blue-gray filled with emotions.