Chapter Thirty-One

I Want To Know You

 

 

 "Ahhhhh!!!!!!!" I screamed as the roller coaster falls downhill on amazing speed.   

 "RRAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" DooJoon gripped my hand tightly.

 

We both shut our eyes and held onto each other's lives. I swear this was a bad idea. Why did I even agreed to it? I'm really into our world.   

 

 "Oh my...-"  

 "JESUS CHRIST!!!!"

 

And so, we rolled on with the ride with our mouths opened, screaming to the top of our lungs, and feeling the Christmas wind ripped against our skins. Let's be honest, that was a whole lot of fun. But I wouldn't ever ride it again. EVER.   

 

 "I thought..." I panted. "I thought I'll never get to walk on ground again.."  

 "Hahaa." DooJoon laughed. "That was fun."

 

I nodded as I tried to in air.  

 

 "Wanna go one more round?" The celebrity asked. 

 

Automatically, my head shook furiously from left to right, left to right, left to right. There are no ways in hell am I stepping on that roller coaster one more time. No. Just no. Leave me and my poor soul alone.   

 

 "Hahahhahaa! Okay then!" He laughed. "Wanna go on a different one?" 

 

I looked up at him with my eyes as big as soccer balls that I saw the kids at school were kicking around with. DooJoon noticed my expression and fell on his knees, laughing, saying how cute I look. I frowned and kicked him, he lost his balance and landed fully on the ground. People gathered around suddenly, "watching the show". The scene makes so much sense with DooJoon lying and laughing on the ground while I'm standing with my right leg stretched out and both fists up in front of my face. Great. So great.  

 

 "Umm.. Uh.." My eyeballs moved side to side awkwardly.  

 "Owwww!!" The guy on the ground stopped laughing and clenched his stomach "in pain", his head and face ducked deep in the collar of his maroon coat. 

 

I rolled my eyes as people started whispering and gasping. I bend down and pulled the actor back on his feet. And quickly unwrapped my scarf and tried my best to wrap it around his neck in great speed, pulling the wool accessory high to cover most of his facial features. I flashed a random smile at my surrounding. That should let the misunderstanding somewhat sinks. I dragged DooJoon to a bench. Luckily, there wasn't really anyone around at the moment.   

 

 "Really now." I sighed and sat down on the smooth surface.   

 "Hehehehehe." He giggled like a teenage girl and settled down beside me.

 

So what had happen was, this guy right next to me decided to grab a cab and told the driver that our destination was this place called Everland. I absolutely had no idea where or what in the world that is. But I did blocked out the world and promised DooJoon that I'll only think about him, ultimately, I shrugged it off and just go with the flow. Then about what seemed like two hours, we were standing in front a ginormous opened, black gate with "EVERLAND" in big, bold, gold and dark green letterings spread out on top. At first, I was confused. And I became surprised and excited when we entered the gate. I was amazed. Everland is an amusement park. I seriously had never been to a theme park in my life before. Or maybe I had and forgot because it has been so long. My parents probably took me to one. Probably. Anyways, after DooJoon purchased our tickets, we started taking off to all kinds of game until people beginning to recognize the famous actor. And the star grabbed my hand and ran. We ran and ran and finally stopped at the entrance of the roller coaster ride. I was against it but because of DooJoon and for him, I forced myself into sitting securely on one of the seat of the whole, long car and fastened the seatbelt. DooJoon climbed on right beside me after I finish preparing for the ride. He swiftly slipped the seatbelt and motioned to the ride controller to start. Yep... That's how it all started. And fans sort of lost track of their idol while trying to see if the person screaming on the roller coaster is the celebrity they're looking for. 

 

  "Seung, are you hungry?" The guy next to me shifted a little and scooted closer. 

  "Um. Not really. Are you?" I rested my head on his shoulder.   

 "Totally. After all that gaming, a nice lunch would be perfect." He lay his head on top of mines.   

 "Well, since is my first time going to somewhere like this, what's your recommendation?"   

 "To be honest, it's my first time, too. I guess let's just see what they have here."   

 "Alright."

 

I linked my arm with DooJoon's as we walked to the food court, or area, whatever it is.  

 

 "Thank you." I smiled as I received our order. 

 

I make my way back to where DooJoon was sitting, head ducked down and sort of sank beneath my scarf. With the celebrity's money, I had bought both of us some fast food. Fast food. We could have stopped by one of those restaurant like DooJoon had suggested, but then I felt we should eat something different for once. Yea. Fast foods are different. I set the food down as the celebrity slowly lifted his head up. I smiled and pushed a hamburger over his side, also placed the large sized fries in the middle. He mouthed a "thank you". I nodded. I sat down across from him and started digging on the fries. That when it hits.   

 

 "Seung, am I a good boyfriend?" He suddenly asked.

 

I looked up from my fries and blinked couple of times.  

 

 "What do you mean?" I said.  

 "Well, I don't know. I was just wondering if I'm doing this right." He said.  

 "I still don't understand."   

 "....." A pause. "Nevermind." 

 

DooJoon took a bite of his hamburger as he looked at me with somewhat of sad and worried eyes. I shivered. I tear my eyes away from his and continued eating my food. 

What was that? What does he mean by that? That totally caught me off guard. I felt insecure once again. He was the one who told me not to worry and forget about the world. And now he's the one questioning himself whether it's right or wrong. What? I don't-  

 

 "HyunSeung-ah."

 

My head jerked up.

 

 "Um.. Yea..?" My voice cracked.

 

DooJoon quietly laughed a bit while shaking his head. I stared at him in absolute confusion. He bit his lower lip and smiled before finishing up his hamburger. I swallowed down my saliva and looked down at my food again. I mentally shook all the thoughts to the back of my head. I really should just eat. 

We cleaned up our mess after both of us are done with everything. Then, DooJoon left me. I mean. He was gone. I still remember he was beside me, holding my hand, and now, he disappeared. I gasped. I panicked. I tried looking for him everywhere. But damn, this place is ing huge. 

Where did he go? 

Did he went to the restroom? 

Is he hiding from me?

Are we playing some kind of game right now that I hasn't realize?

Where is he??

My head spins and stopped at the roll tape of my memories. DooJoon's words. "Am I a good boyfriend?" "I'm just wondering if I'm doing this right." I froze. No. No. No. What if... What if...

Did he ran away?

Did he left me?

Did he abandoned me?

I breathed heavily. What if he really did ran away. What if he really did left me. What if he really did abandoned me. 

He must have been tired already... No.. No.. No. I can't just jump to conclusion like this. I'll wait. I'll wait until he comes back. I'll wait. 

I held myself close together as my limps starting to freeze. Night fell on top of the park. Lights were lit everywhere. The Christmas' air filled every corners with chills and frosts. I tried keeping myself warm. But my hands were frozen. My neck completely exposed out to the weather. I tried speaking for a bit, testing the vocal cords. No words came out. I sniffed softly and buried my face into the collars of my coat. It's cold. I've been waiting for a long time. I had realized. Time is ticking. He didn't came back. DooJoon didn't came back. Reality is cruel. DooJoon did ran away. DooJoon did left me. DooJoon did abandoned me. I bite down hard on my lip. I'm stupid. I'm an idiot. Why did I... I don't even know what to do anymore. It hurts. This feeling of being abandoned. How could he? How could he make me fall so hard for him, hanging onto him, and he just throw me away like this??!!!! I clutched my chest as I felt hot tears riding its way down my cheeks.  

 

 "W-W-Why...? DooJoon... Why?" I forced my voice out. "Yoon DooJoon... Wh-Why..?"  

 "Why what?" A voice from behind breathed, sounding cool. 

 

Before I could turn around to make sure it's the person I've been waiting for, I soft piece of material was being wrapped neatly around my neck. It was my scarf. The scarf I had let him wore earlier to cover his face. Him. DooJoon. Yoon DooJoon. 

Arms curved its way around me. I felt his chin resting on top of my left shoulder. His front pressing on my back. I leaned in, my head hung low, and sobbed. My voice cracked at sniffs.   

 

 "I'm sorry." Hot breaths at my jawline and ear. "I shouldn't have just leave you in the cold."

 

He sighed. I continued silently crying. He's back. He came back. DooJoon came back. He didn't leave me.  

 

 "I really should have take you in somewhere warm before disappearing. Poor my baby. I'm so so so sorry." DooJoon said as he tighten his hold on me. "I won't do this ever again."

 

I nodded as he turned to around to face and wiped my tears away. He smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead. I hugged him tightly, receiving rays of warmth from his body.   

 

 "Look, Seung. It's snowing." 

 

I pulled away and observed around me. Tiny flakes of whites fell quietly. It is snowing. I widened my eyes in admiration and breathed out a "wow". 

 

 "The first snow, DooJoon." I held out my right hand and watched as a snowflake landed on the top of my palm. "It's beautiful."  

 "First snow is when it snows and you're with the one you love." DooJoon looked up at the night sky. "Yea. It's beautiful alright. But not as beautiful as you, Jang HyunSeung."  

 

I smiled and hid my face inside my scarf. I can see and feel my cheeks turning crimson. DooJoon laughed and squeezed me into a hug.   

 

 "You are so adorable and squishy~"   

 "Stop it!"  

 

He burst out laughing and choke on his own saliva. He began coughing constantly. Having a cough attack I suppose.   

 

 "Idiot. Serves you right."   

 "Don't be so mean, Seungie."  

 "That's what you get."

  "It's worth it." DooJoon winked.

 

I faked a gawk and scoffed. We tangled our fingers together and exited out of Everland. I smiled happily. He really didn't abandon me. DooJoon has always been by my side.

 

 "Why did you suddenly disappear?" I blurted.  

 "Why? Hmm." DooJoon ruffled my hair. "You'll find out."  

 "What?"  

 "I said you'll find ou- Jay's here!" DooJoon called and I faced the direction.

 

Jay, DooJoon's chauffeur rolled down the window of a glittering, shining, black automobile. The driver smiled brightly as soon as he caught the sight of his boss.  

 

 "Boss! Oh! HyunSeung-ssi is here too! What's up!" Jay shouted. 

 

We both walked toward the car. DooJoon smiled and waved at Jay while I slightly bowed a "hello".  

 

 "Take us to this place." DooJoon said as he handed Jay his phone. 

 

I watched as Jay scanned through whatever that's on the phone's screen. And looked up at his boss, grinning. Jay nodded eagerly as he returns the phone to its owner and gestured for both of us to get inside the car. I tilted my head in confusion. I wanted to ask DooJoon what was going on, but then decided to keep quiet for some reason I do not know. So, it was a silent drive. No one said anything.

I was surprised when we came to a stop at a quite familiar place I know of. DooJoon opened the car's door for me and helped me out. Jay then smiled and winked before he starts the car and drove away. The celebrity linked our arms together and we walked up a hill. When we were on top and had access to the other side, I smiled widely. We're now standing, looking down at the field of various colors of beauty. Wow. Flowers grow perfectly for Christmas. Memories flashed. I blushed as I thought about that day DooJoon gave me flowers. 

DooJoon nudged me and pointed up to the sky. Following his direction, I looked up and saw fireworks. Different colors with different sounds. I gaped at the scene. Did he prepared this? I was amazed. Up are fireworks displaying in many patterns and shades. Down are beautiful flower petals. Add on to all these, it's snowing innocently and purely.   

 

 "Wow." I whispered softly.  

 "Right? Took me so long so of course."   

 

I beamed and pulled DooJoon in for a big hug, burying my face against his chest. He returned the hug and placed his chin on top of my head. I was so happy there were no words to it. DooJoon pulled us apart and lightly kissed me.  

 

 "Merry Christmas, my love." He said gently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~***~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

What is up y'all!!! First of all, sorry for not updating for the pass I don't know, three weeks? O__O But um.. There's a lot of stuff I have to handle and life is just ing me up so yea... -_- [ excuse my use of foul language ]

Well, here a VERY LONG [ I think ] chpater for all of my beautiful and gorgeous readers who has been sticking with me throughout this whole time~

Erm... This is the third to the last chapter which mean there will be two more updates and this story is officially done.

Oh my sky, heaven, earth! This is so sad since I really did enjoyed writing this. -sighs-

Well, my plans are to finish it during my break [ right now ] but if I can't, please understand the fact that life just wanted to ing throw me around like a damn puppet and laugh at my falls [ sorry again >__< ].

So, alrighty. Enjoy. Comment. Upvote. Subscribe. Whatever. :P

Stay healthy and warm. And don't foget to smile. <---- that sounded so f**king corny as sh*t O__O