Chapter Thirty-Two

I Want To Know You

School lectures were boring as usual and I couldn't wait for this year to be over. DooJoon came back to classes together with me after the break, which surprised every single living thing, including me. And recently, he confirmed with the press that he's dating, but didn't reveal who is was. I was really angry with the celebrity for some time. Then DooJoon told me everything is going to be okay because he had it all planned out. No one is going to get hurt. So I trust him.

I sighed as I flipped between pages in the textbook in front of me while the teacher rant on and on about how important Algebra 2 is and we're gonna use it in life. Lies. But then I'll be waiting for that day to come since crushing a teacher's confident is definitely a cruel thing to do.

Another month until summer. Another month until the end of this torture. Another month until I can hide at home, in my room, from the world of suspicious, predatory eyes.

Unfortunately, fans are the synonyms of detectives, polices, FBI, etc. They did it. They tracked down the person just based on the article that was released couple of days before last Christmas. They came to conclusion that it's someone from the star's school. And apparently, I'm under that label. When I felt danger, I wanted to just stayed home, but if I don't show up in school no more, people will definitely acclaim the fact that it's me. Also, I'm protected. DooJoon is by my side. He won't leave me alone dealing with all this. 

Talking about him, he became extremely oblivious to his surroundings. Like he would expose a lot of public affection towards me. Sometimes when he does that, I was starting to have doubts though I shrugged it all off at the end. Then, he became really quiet and unreadable. I really couldn't understand him at all. Well, it's not like I ever understood him, but now he's just... I don't even know how to describe it. DooJoon changed tremendously. 

I sighed again and closed my eyes, blocking out the teacher's voice and waited patiently for the bell signal this last period to end. 

It wasn't long when it happens. 

As soon as my ear picked up the sound waves of the rings, I snapped my eyes open, stood up, quickly gathered my stuff, dashed out of the classroom, sprinted to the gate of the school, only to get stop by couple groups of girls. I visibly flinched a little by the sudden appearances but rolled my eyes afterward. Here we go again.  

 

 "Where you think you're going." A girl with brown, curly hair spoke with one of her hand on her hip.

 

That. Was not a question. She's demanding, I supposed. I kept my mouth shut and slightly stare down at my shoes. I mentally sighed over and over again because this exact same situation happens every single day. It played out so much that I'm sick of it. Knowing they're not going to do anything, they always let me go at the end since I never let out a word.   

 

 "What a dirty ugly piece of garbage." A girl with bleached hair scoffed.

 

Girl, look who's talking. Your hair is nasty. Better wash it if you wanna get laid.   

 

 "This thing is worse than ." A small girl with high ponytail spat. 

 

Alright then. Jeez. You jealous cause I'm worse than ? Whatever.   

 

 "You think you're cute." A high-pitched screech invaded my ears. 

 

Goddamn. Your voice is gonna crush my eardrums! Y'all need Jesus.

 

 "I swear I've never seen anything so hideous and filthy like you, Jang HyunSeung!" Someone from behind shouted. 

 

I shook a little from my spot. I tend to get scared easily now whenever someone rises their voice or I hear unnecessary loud noises.   

 

 "Awwee he's scared."   

 "Poor little thing."  

 "But you're all alone."  

 "Who out here is going to help you."  

 "Hey, don't scare him so much. I feel bad."

 

They all burst out laughing like they haven't laughed in ages. I held onto the straps of my backpack as I lifted my head up and saw the glint in their eyes. I guess this time, something new is going to be put on the table.   

 

 "Speak up !" 

 

I felt myself being shoved backward really hard. But I'm a guy and they're girls, so I sort of stumbled a little bit. Didn't fall like they had expected. Which made them raged. Few of them attacked me at the same time. 

Lost my balance. 

My back hit the concrete roughly. I seriously felt it through my uniform. Great. If it rips, more work for me. 

I groaned at the pain. The girls snickered before some of them started stomping down on me. Okay. Why the hell am I getting beat up my bunch of girls? Well, maybe because you're so weak, HyunSeung. I'm not weak. I just don't wanna hit girls. That's even worse than protecting my man's pride. 

I shield myself while more hatred were spit on me. It doesn't hurt as much as when guys jump you, but it still hurts. Bad luck for me, they all wore heels. I bite down moans of pain. I can taste drops of blood lingered at the tip of my tongue. That's it. I'm hurt. No. It hurts. My body hurts.   

 

 "Stop!" A voice yelled. 

 

Came after were gasps and stutters of apologies from those arrogant girls. I opened my eyes and forced a smile.   

 

 "HyunSeung..." The person rushed to me and pulled me up, wrapping their arms around my broken limbs. "Really now? Are you guys serious?!" 

 

Everyone was taken back by the angry tone. I shook my head.   

 

 "We're so sorry!"  

 "We didn't mean to!"  

 "But DooJoon! Why?!!!"  

 "Wait! So it's true??!! It's really this bastard??!"

 

Questions and sobs exploded in front of us. I looked up at DooJoon. He grimaced. 

 

 "And?" He glared. 

 

The girls started screaming how much they love him and how could he had betrayed them. I clenched my fists. I feel suffocated. Because of me. DooJoon...  

 

 "Sorry. But if you people are really my fans, you would accept my happiness." The celebrity said in a calm voice.   

 "DooJoon.. What are you saying..." I bit my lower lip.  

 "Let's get you home." He kissed my forehead before lifting me up. 

 

DooJoon carried me to the car that's been ready. I looked back at all the crying females and can't help but feel guilty and bad. It was eating me up in the inside. 

In the car, DooJoon ran his fingers through my hair and hugged me. He kept on repeating questions on the line of if I was okay and if I'm hurt. And i kept on repeating answers on the line of I am perfectly fine. But he didn't stop hugging me and placed kisses all over my palms and hands. I don't understand him. At all.   

 

 "DooJoon... I don't get you.." I threw my head back in frustration.   

 "I don't need to finish this school year." DooJoon told me suddenly instead of staying on the same topic. 

 

I didn't reply. Because. I didn't understand what he was trying to say. So I let out a sigh. DooJoon chuckled.  

 

 "Neither do you." He pecked my cheek. "You're too smart."

 

I nodded tiredly with my eyes closed.   

 

 "A child genius." He compliments.

 

Again, I nodded. 

 

 "If I quit school, I'll have you to tutor me. That's good?" 

 

I nodded for him to continue.  

 

 "I'm done." 

 

I opened my eyes slowly and looked over at him. Confuse was written all my face. He's done? DooJoon took the cue and started explaining.  

 

 "I signed off." He said. "I'm not an actor anymore." 

 

My eyes widened.   

 

 "What?!" I half screamed. "You're kidding.. Don't.. Don't joke like that..!"  

 "I'm not." He laced our fingers together. "I quit. So I can be with you."   

 "No. No. No. DooJoon.."   

 "Yes."  

 "Why would you do that??!!"  

 "Also, you're going to Canada with me."

 "WHAT?!!" My eyeballs were long gone.  

 "We're going to Canada." DooJoon smiled.  

 "Wait. Hold up. Why are you deciding thigs by yourself?!"  

 "I'm taking everything and everyone. Including the maids, guards, InSoo-hyung and DaeHo-hyungnim."  

 "Huh? DaeHo-hyung?"  

 "Oh. He told me since I quit he'll follow."  

 "Yoon DooJoon."  

 "Hmm?"  

 "What's with all the sudden change?"  

 "For you."  

 "Ugh. Can you stop that? You're making me feel guilty as hell!"

 

DooJoon leaned in and sealed our lips together. I returned the kiss. He's throwing away so much for me. Honestly, it's alright but I feel like everything that has been happening since the first day we meet is my fault. Until now. I'm a burden and powerless. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just go along with him. I trust him. 

We pulled apart and I stared at DooJoon's eyes. They're so colored and lively. I scanned through his face, studying every features. He's gorgeous. And I don't think a person like me deserves someone like Yoon DooJoon. It doesn't roll that way.

I love him.   

 

 "HyunSeung-ah. You don't need to go to school tomorrow nor go home. I have already cleaned your house and packed everything." He hugged me.  

 "You really changed a lot." I sighed. "In a good way. I think."  

 "Mmhmm. Thank you for changing me." DooJoon looked at me and smiled my favorite cheerful smile.