Chapter 8

The Stubborn You

Jin frowned at the view in front of him. He was standing in a room along with the boys, the managers, some stylists and coordies, and Jung the outfits maker. They fitted the more-than-half-done outfits to Bangtan Boys. The room could be said being in a mess and noise. Shout everywhere, laugh everywhere, yell everywhere, and there Yura spazzed out in the corner.

Jin could say that something bother Yura right now. Actually it was not the first time. She was being like that after she came back from taking care of some matter with Jung, spazzing out oftenly. Jin knew that Yura didn’t talk much. But she was always focused. Recently, her mind looked far away from her body.

“You’re done. You can change again now,” The coordi girl said snapped Jin’s mind.

“Ah, yes. Thank you,” Jin muttered a soft thank you as he excused to change room. When he came back to the room the other boys hadn’t done yet. Jin spotted couple of sodas on table in a corner. He took one and opened it. When he take a first sip his gaze unpurposely landed on Yura. She was talking with a coordi and a stylist. Jin’s gaze didn’t move when their talk was done. Jin took one can unopened soda and headed to Yura.

 

Yura sighed as she sat down on a chair in the corner. She was in the middle of oufit fitting. The view in front of her was so crowded as the stylists, coordies, and the others walked here and there, shouted here and there. Fortunately, her jobs as a managers who coordinate them all had been handled. The mess just a normal mess, nothing serious happened. Sometime she walked here and there told the stylists and coordies for what they had to do. But mostly she sat in the corner and supervised in silent, more precisely she sat in the corner tried to focus but she failed. Yura thought was in her used-to-be-called-home in Busan. After her mother’s call her concentration easily disturbed. Fortunately, she could finish what she had to do clearly.

Her thought was in her used-to-be-called-father condition. She knew from her mother regulary call that that man’s condition was not as good as before. His increased work might affect his condition. Yura used to be indifferent when her mother told her about that. But this time Yura could feel it was different. It was more serious than usual. She wanted to be indifferent like usual but a part of her heart couldn’t. How much she didn’t want to call that man her father anymore, he was still her biological father.

“Here,” A voice snapped her thought. She looked up and saw Jin stood in front of her handed a can of soda.

“Thanks. I’m not thirsty,” Yura mumbled. She could her Jin’s sigh.

“Take it. You look so pale. I’m afraid you’ll be collapsed,” Jin took her hand and forced the can into her hand. Yura wanted to shake his hand away but she knew if she did it the soda can would be dropped and they’d draw attention. So she just pulled her hand from his strong grip and held the can. Jin sat down beside her.

“Drink it,” Jin said after he took a sip of his own soda. Yura remained silent.

“I know something bother you these days,” Jin said again. He know? How? “Don’t ask me how I know it. It was spoken from your unfocused eyes and blank expression,” Jin answered the unsaid question. Yura didn’t say anything. “You know. You have us here. Me, the boys, Jinyoung hyung, Jonghoon hyung. You can rely on us if you have a problem,” Jin assured as he finished his soda and walked away.

How can I rely on you? You are not more than a stranger to me, not more than a simple co-worker? How can I trust you?

 

***

 

The outfit fitting session has been ended. The boys rested in practice room. They had no practice or any schedule untill night. They had vocal practice at 7pm and it was still 2pm. Shortly, they had nothing to do now. Jin stood up and exited practice room.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Jimin shouted.

“Take some fresh air,” Jin shouted back from outside practice room.

“I bet he is searching his princess,” Suga grinned at the others.

“His princess?” Jimin looked at him dumbfounded.

“His princess, Yura noona,” Jungkook snapped. “Ah... Yura noona,” Jimin smiled widely at the thought of his oldest hyung and his cold manager.

 

Jin bought juice in a cafe near BigHit building and headed to a small park behind BigHit building. Once he arrived, Jin noticed that the park had been claimed. Someone sat on the bench. Jin just wanted to turn back when the girl on the bench flick her hair, showed her side face. Jin realized she was Yura. Jin discouraged to turn back. He walked to Yura and silently sat beside her.

Yura noticed that she was not alone anymore. She looked at her side and saw Jin sipping his juice. Yura closed her sketchbook that she was working at and stood up when suddenly Jin grabbed her hand.

“Don’t go. I won’t disturb you,” Jin pleaded softly. Yura hesitated. She was not accustomed designing with someone beside her, especially a boy. But she promised her thesis supervisor that she would finish some design this week. Yura looked at Jin pleading eyes and her sketchbook. Jin seemed so sincere. Finally, Yura gave up and sat down. Jin released his grip and smiled. Yura opened her sketchbook again and continued her design.

They were in silent. Yura occupied with her design and Jin just rested his head on the back of the bench. He closed his eyes. suddenly Jin hummed a melody. Yura just wanted to scold him for bothering her when she was mesmerized at his angelic voice. His voice was soft and gentle. Although he didn’t sing seriously, just hummed messily, she could say his voice was beautiful. She turned back to her design and discouraged for scolding him. His humming made her feel comfortable and refreshed her mind. With a fresh mind she could think about another design and immediately drew it before the idea faded away.

And for the next hour they just sat beside each other. Yura was drawing and Jin was humming. They enjoyed each other presence without they realized it.

 

***


new chap  is up ^^

I just wanna say that I can't promise for daily update. I'll update if I'm feeling to write and I have time for updating. I don't know if I've mentioned that my school time approaching so start from the next week my schedule will be packed. no much free time anymore ToT

well, I hope you enjoy this chapter. feel free to read, comment, and subscribe, THANKS YOU ^^