Chapter 31

The Stubborn You

Yura held Domus Academy acceptance letter in her hand in anxious. She really wanted to go there, but in other hand she had dealed with her father that she would learn the company.

“What are you doing?” A voice snapped her thought. Yura turned her head. Minhyuk walked approached her.

“Oh, oppa,” Yura just replied simply. Her sight back to the yard behind her house.

“What is it? You look so troubled,” Minhyuk commented as he sat down beside Yura.

“Aren’t you going to work?” Yura asked back instead of answering Minhyuk’s question.

“Aunty asked me to have lunch here. You have to go to work too as soon as possible, you know,” Minhyuk answered. “Hei, you didn’t answer my question. What is it?” He pointed at the envelope Yura held.

“It’s... nothing,” Yura whispered. Suddenly Minhyuk grabbed the letter. Yura was taken aback but it was too late to do anything. “Oppa...”

“Domus Academy,” Minhyuk read loudly. “Domus Academy? Huh? What is it?” Minhyuk asked more to him self. He didn’t expect any response from Yura. Then minhyuk read the letter inside.

“Hei, Min Yura. You gotta be kidding me, right? Scholarship? Milan?” Minhyuk eyes widened in awe. He turned his head to face Yura, “Congratulation.”

“Thank... you?” Yura replied hesitately.

“Hei, you don’t look happy. It’s something that have to be celebrated,” He puched Yura’s arm softly.

“I’m happy. Satisfy?” Yura put a forced grin then back to her sorrow face. Minhyuk realized there was something really serious. He fixed his sitting position so he could look at Yura better.

“Tell me what’s wrong,” He ordered. Yura let out a sigh.

“Will dad approve it? I don’t think so,” She said bitterly. Minhyuk just realized it. He knew well that Yura’s father didn’t like anything about his daughter work in fashion industry.

“Yura, Minhyuk, come! Lunch is ready!” After long silence between them, Yura’s mom called for them.

“Let’s go,” Minhyuk signed for them to get up. As they walked towards dining room Minhyuk mumbled loud enough for Yura to hear, “Don’t give up. There have to be a way for you.”

“Yeah, oppa.”

 

***

 

“Where is Yura?” Min Taesin asked his wife that evening. He just felt to talk with Yura. they were in the some house for weeks but they hadn’t talked for real. He missed her actually but his pride was too high all this time.

“I think she is still in her room,” His wife replied. “Wanna some fruit? I’ll cut it for you,” She offered.

“Sounds good. I’ll get Yura. Just put it in lounge room,” Min Taesin walked towards Yura’s room.

Once he was in front of Yura’s room, he knocked the door. No response from inside. He knocked again, “Yura?” Still no response so he tried to open it. Fortunately it was not locked. Min Taesin took a peek. There’s no sign of Yura. “Maybe she is showering,” He mumbled and processed to Yura’s bed. It’s the first time he went inside Yura’s room after long time. He took a glance around Yura’s room. Her closet, her CD rack beside the player, a standing lamp on a corner. On a side of the room, there was a ‘room’ that formed by a lower floor than the main room and separated by a book shelf. There were Yura’s work table, a couch, and a table. A large window was placed there facing back yard.

Min Taesin spotted an envelope on the table. He approached it because of his curiousity.

“Domus Academy?” He read the envelope. Then he opened it and read the letter. Suddenly Yura entered her room. She just finished shower.

“Dad?!” She was surprised her dad was there. Moreover, he read her acceptance letter from Domus Academy.

“What is this?” He asked pointed at the letter on his hand.

“That...” Yura couldn’t find words to explain it.

“Come here,” Her father signed. Silently, Yura walked to him. they sat on the couch side by side. Yura was so tensed. She was afraid her father would be mad at her. So she was so surprised when the next second the elder man ruffled her hair warmly.

“Our Yura... Why you didn’t say to me that you got a scholarship?” He asked with a warm smile plastered. Yura was taken aback. Did I hear wrong?

“Dad...”

“Go. It’s such a rare chance, right? Go when you have this chance,” His words shocked Yura more.

“But the company...” She tried to say something but she didn’t know what to say.

“Won’t it be good if Min Corporation can develope business in fashion industry?” He said. Yura’s eyes brightened.

“So, I can go to Milan? Really?” She asked in disbelieve. Her father just nodded. But it’s enough for her. She threw her arms around her father neck, hugged him tightly, ”Thanks, dad. Thank you so much.”

“You have suffered a lot because of me. Just promise me you’ll work hard.”

“I promise. It’s for you, for me, and for company.”

 

***

 

In a month Yura had prepared for her leaving. Everything had been settled. Before she left she had learned business in company. She would still take a part in company while she was in Milan with the help of Minhyuk.

“Ready for going?” Someone asked from the door. Yura looked up. She was finishing her luggage and there was Minhyuk stood in front of her.

“Hmm,” Yura managed to nod with a small smile.

“Yura,” Minhyuk called her. Yura looked at him again with questioning look on her face. Minhyuk went in and sat on the chair.

“It’s better if we break our engagement,” Minhyuk suddenly said. Yura’s eyes popped out.

“What?“ She almost shouting. She dropped everything on her hand and went to Minhyuk. “Are you crazy? It’s our parents agreement. And I don’t want to disappoint dad since I’ve dissapointed him enough. And I thought it’s not a bad idea for you to marry me,” Yura half pouted. But she knew deep inside her heart she liked this idea.

“Don’t lie to me. You still love Jin so much, more than anything,” Minhyuk’s words stabbed her right on her heart. “And I know you want this too. I’ve said it to our parents yesterday,” He continued.

“What? You’ve told them?” Yura couldn’t be more taken aback. It’s so sudden. When she was almost ready to let Jin go and built a new life with the company, her studies, and Minhyuk, suddenly she had a chance to get back to what she tried to reach before.

“Yeah,” Minhyuk nodded with assuring smile. Yura still couldn’t manage her shock. “Wait! You didn’t think you want to give up of Jin and love me, right?” Minhyuk teased. Yura’s shock become bigger and she couldn’t handle it anymore.

“Oppa!!!” Minhyuk ran away before she caught him.

 

***

 

Yura went to airport with her family and Minhyuk drove her.

“Does Jin know you’ll go to Milan?” Minhyuk suddenly asked as they were waiting for Yura’s flight.

“He knew that I applied but he doesn’t know I really leave now,” Yura replied softly. It’s hurt to think about Jin again.

“Aren’t you planning to tell him?” Minhyuk asked again. Yura shook her head.

“No, no for now,” She said firmly.

“Yura...”

“Oppa please...” Yura pleaded. She really didn’t want to talk about Jin. She realized that she really fell for him. Even Minhyuk couldn’t replace his place in her heart. But she couldn’t come back to him even just for apologize. She knew they both hurted because of her. She just believed in fate. If they were destined to be together, they’d be. But for now, she wanted to stay like this, even when she didn’t have any bond with Minhyuk now.

Right then the speaker announced that her flight would depart. She stood up and said goodbye to her family and Minhyuk.

“See you Korea,” She muttered to her self. And see you Kim Seokjin.

 

***


hi guys~~~~

sorry for a long long long absense... school is such a hectic and on my holidays I take a part time job so yeah I can't touch my story ToT

well I just realized that this story become deviated from my original story line. that's why started from this chapter I'll rewrite it. there's just a little change in this chapter but after this I hope this story won't be that long /sigh

hope you like it guys...

 

thanks for read and for waiting for me ToT

feel free to read, subscribe, comment, and upvote ^^