Chapter 11

The Stubborn You

Yura worked on her lounge room. Pieces of drawn papers scattered on the table and the couch. Yura sat on the carpet. She was busy with her n-th design. She was fixing her designs for her thesis and scholarship application. Her designs for another Bangtan Boys outfits had been done few days ago.

Yura strugled with the scholarship application design. She wanted to make it not too complicated but attracting. She crumpled the paper she was working on and threw it to the trash bin she provided beside the table. She wasn’t satisfied with her work, again.

Suddenly she remembered the time when she was designing in BigHit’s park. Jin disturbed her, at first. But when he started humming a random melody, her mind was refreshed and her design looked better. Ms. Ahn said it her self that the one she made when she was with Jin was better than usual.

Unconciously, Jin’s voice played in Yura’s mind. Her hand started drawing on the new paper. She felt her idea just poured offhand. She continued her design until it’s finished. She looked at her design for some minutes. Yura smiled. Finally, she ws satisfied with her own work.

 

***

 

“So, you decided to apply for that scholarship?” Ms. Ahn made sure after Yura explained her plan for the scholarship Ms. Ahn had offered.

“Yes, Ma’am,” Yura nodded. Ms. Ahn smiled widely as she gave Yura I-know-you-will look. She reached her hand signed to ask Yura for her application. Yura gave her an envelope. Ms. Ahn opened it. She checked Yura’s design and article that required for the application.

“When will you send this?” Ms. Ahn asked after she took a look of the application.

“I hope I can send it this month. Faster, better,” Yura replied firmly. Ms. Ahn nodded her head as she checked again.

“I think your design is great for this application. They’ll love it. But I don’t know about your article. You have to consult with Mr. Kang from Fashion Styling & Visual departement. He was expert in fashion publicity,” Ms. Ahn wrote the name, departement, and phone number of Mr. Kang on a piece of paper and gave it to her.

“Thank you, Ma’am. Do you think... I can pass it?” Yura asked, showed her doubt. Ms. Ahn chuckled.

“Of course, I do. That’s why I suggested it to you. I’ll wrote a letter of recommendation for you. I hope it’ll be considered. You can take it tomorrow,” Ms. Ahn gave her encouraging smile. Absentmindedly Yura smiled lightly. She had a high hope for this scholarship.

“Thank you so much, Ma’am. I’m so gratefull you are willing to help me. Then, I wanna excuse now. I hope I can catch up with Mr. Kang this afternoon,” Yura bowed slightly and stood up.

“Yura, wait. I’ll call Mr. Kang to make sure he was free in his room now,” Yura sat down again as Ms. Ahn called Mr. Kang. After some minutes, Ms. Ahn informed that Mr. Kang would be waiting for her in his room. Yura stood up and bowed again. She just opened Ms. Ahn office door when the older woman called her. Yura turned her head to face Ms. Ahn.

“Min Yura, is it just my guess or you really have an inspiration now? You know, I’ve said to you that your lack is on your inspiration. You’re better now. I hope it will continue,” Ms. Ahn said.

“N... Ne. Thank you, Ma’am,” Yura blushed as she exited the room.

 

***

 

Yura went to BigHit office with a lighter heart now. She had consulted her article with Mr. Kang and he really helped her, a lot. She just needed to rewrite her article with the addition from Mr.  Kang’s on her article. He was a genius, if she could say it, in his field. He knew the dos and the donts. He gave Yura so much usefull advises. She was really gratefull she had two great lecturer helped her. Yura had learned a lot of things and worked with Ms. Ahn. She knew how capable Ms. Ahn was. And for Mr. Kang, even though she just met him once she could tell he was an amazing person.

Yura hopped off the bus once she arrived on the shelter near BigHit office. She just had to walked a few more meters. Actually it was one of the busiest day for Bangtan Boys and the staffs. Their MV would be released tomorrow and their debut showcase would be held tomorrow too. Fortunately, Yura had prepared everything she needed to do before she went to her campus.

“Noona!” Yura turned her head. She saw Jimin ran towards her. His hands full off drinks and snacks. She guessed he lost game for deciding who would buy the boys snacks. Jimin arrived in front of Yura, panted heavily. “Noo... na... from.. where...” Jimin tried to ask with his heavy breath.

“Breath, Jimin. Then say it slowly,” Yura advised. Jimin took a deep breath and exhaled. Inhaled, exhaled.

“From where are you, noona?” He asked after his breathing became more steadly.

“I just met my lecturer,” Yura replied shortly as she started walking. Jimin catched up beside her.

“For your thesis? I heard from Jinyoung hyung you are working with your thesis now. Wow. You’re really a super woman. Taking care of seven wild boys and finishing your thesis at the same time,” Jimin chimed. Yura didn’t say anything. The boys hadn’t been that scared of her anymore. They became more relaxed around her as they worked with her, and vice versa. Even though Yura still didn’t change from cold and silent person, she didn’t gave the boys a super cold and suspicious look anymore. She would talked to them politely if they asked her something or talked to her. She scolded them when they made mistakes and praised them if they’ve worked hard. She barely praised someone before. But, looked at the boys hard working she just needed to appreciate them.

They arrived a few minutes later. Yura and Jimin entered practice room to be welcomed by the boys and the other two managers. Actually they welcomed the snacks that come right when they were exhausting, not for Yura and Jimin.

Later, the boys continue their last practice before officially debuted. It wasn’t a heavy practice like usual. Just practice with the stage feel. Trainer Kang pretended to be the showcase MC. They practiced like they were in the stage, in real showcase. Meanwhile, Yura, Jonghoon and Jinyoung discussed some mater about Bangtan Boys debut. The showcase preparation, the following schedules, new practice schedule for the boys, etc.

When the managers finished their discussion, the boys finished their practice too. They were given more time to rest so they would be in best condition tomorrow. In a small group two or three people, they boys excused them self to go home. Their dorm wasn’t far away from office so they just needed to walk. They had gathered a number of fans as they were introduced to public long time before they debute, so they couldn’t went in a group of seven people if they didn’t want to catch attention. The left one was Jin.

“Go home too?” Jin asked Yura before he exited BigHit office. Yura was placed her stuffs in her bag.

“Hmm,” Yura nodded as she hummed unclearly.

“Let’s go home together. I’ll walk you home,” Jin said happyly. They learned from the other day that Yura’s apartement was not far away from Bangtan Boys dorm. From BigHit office they would go to the same direction.

Yura hesitated. Some weeks ago she would say no firmly. But now, she didn’t bear to say no to Jin. He always be nice to her. She didn’t want to offend him by say no.

“Don’t think to much. C’mon,” Jin grabbed Yura’s wrist with his right hand and grabbed Yura’s bag with his left hand. He pulled Yura outside. Yura stiffened a bit at a sudden contact. But she let it go.

Jin released his grip once they were outside. Jin wore a hoodie that cover most of his face and a mask so no one would recognize him. They walked side by side chatting. Actually, most of the conversation was Jin’s. Yura kept silent. She just replied when Jin asked her.

Once they arrived in Yura’s apartement, Jin walked her until in front of her apartement door.

“We arrived. I’ll go now. You come in. Bye,” Jin said as he walked away.

“Jin, wait!” Yura called. She didn’t know why she called him. Jin turned to face her. “Errr... Good luck... for tomorrow,” Yura said shyly.

“Thanks, Yura,” Jin thanked. He gave her a soft smile and continued his walk. He didn’t turn his head to Yura anymore so he couldn’t see Yura blushed face. As he could hear Yura’s heart that beating faster than usual, and couldn’t feel a sudden strange feeling in her stomatch.

She remembered Ms. Ahn statement about her inspiration. Yes, she had found her inspiration.

 

***


new chap is up ^^

first I wanna say thanks for you who keep reading this story, you who accompany me all this time. I'm really really thankfull. I'm not blaming you for become a silent reader. actually, I'm not that active reader too. I just give my comment on the stories I read when i really want to comment, not in every chapter. I just need to know you're there kkk

once  again I really really really thankfull ^^ I LOVE YOU GUYS ^^

here new selca from rapmon with no shades. HE'S TOTALLY CUTE~~~

btw have you read Bangtan blog update about Jin cooking for the boys? you can read the translation here ^^