Chapter 29

The Stubborn You

Yura checked her appearance in front of the mirror in the room her father booked for her. She was getting ready for her engagement. Her father rented a ball room in a hotel for this event. So much guests had been invited, most of them were her father’s business colleagues. Yura just invited her bestfriend that she didn’t see for a long time, Jiyeon, Mr. Bang, Bangtan Boys and the managers, Jonghoon and Jinyoung. She half hoped just Jiyeon who came.

“Yura?” Yura’s mother knocked the door.

“Yes, mom.”

“There’s someone... or maybe more... wanna see you,” Her mother said. Yura walked over to the door and opened. She couldn’t hide her shocked expression as she saw who were outside. Behind her mother were Bangtan Boys and the managers.

“Noona...” Rapmon trailed. Suddenly someone hugged her so she almost fell. It was V.

“Noona... I miss you... We miss you...” V hugged her tightly. Yura felt her breath taken out because of his hug.

“Whoaa... Calm down there,” Yura pulled away. “I miss you too, boys,” Yura smiled lightly as she patted V’s back. One by one the boys hugged Yura, except Jin. He wanted to hug her but the atmosphere between them was too awkward. “Come in,” Yura signed.

“Yura, I don’t know that you can be this pretty,” Jonghoon joked as he pointed at Yura’s face and dress.

“Do you say I was ugly?” Yura faked a frown. They laughed at the two. Yura felt so happy to see them actually. They brought her laugh and happiness that lost for a long time since she worked with them. And now she missed them so much.

“And I have never ever think I will attend such a party of you. Engagement? Are you sure?” Jinyoung gave her unbelievable look. Yura’s smile faded away a bit.

“But here I am,” She chuckled half heartedly. Jin’s heart broken at the sight. He still blamed him self that Yura was like that now.

“Anyway, good luck, noona. And congratulation,” Rapmon handed her a bouquet of flowers. They excused to go back to the ballroom. They exited Yura’s room one by one until Jin left alone with her.

“Can we talk a little?” Jin asked. Yura nodded. Yura was shocked when suddenly Jin hugged her. His hug felt so desperate like he didn’t want to release it.

“Jin...”

“Don’t do this. I can’t let you with another man,” Jin pleaded. “Please, Yura. Can’t you cancel it?”

“Jin, please,” Yura tried to pull away but Jin didn’t let her.

“I don’t want to let you go,” He whispered sadly. Yura tried her best to not cry.

“You know that I can’t do it, right? I can’t selfishly cancel this engagement. Minhyuk oppa is a good man. I won’t regret this engagement,” Yura said though she doubted her own statement for wouldn’t regret it.

“What does he have that I don’t have? How perfect he is? I can be better than him for you,” Jin tempted her.

“Jin, it’s not about who is better,” Yura sighed. She pulled away finally after Jin let her. He grip Yura’s shoulder firmly.

“Look at me. Say that you love him more than you love me. Then I wil let you go,” Jin asked. He hoped Yura said that she loved him more.

Yura saw Jin right on his eyes. “If we are meant to be together, fate will let us to be together,” with that Yura released Jin’s grip and walked away from him, gave him her back.

Jin turned away and walked with his shoulder down.

 

***

 

“Thank you so much for your attending. I’m so glad to say I’m happy for this engagement. I hope my lovely daughter can be a better person with Park Minhyuk who we know is an amazing man. I’m sure Min Corporation will be better in the future below my daughter and her fiancee’s control. I’m not young anymore so I have to prepare for retirement, right,” Min Taesin’s speech invited laugh from the guests. “Enjoy this party.” He raised wine glass in his hand, “For Min Yura and Park Minhyuk.”

“For Min Yura and Park Minhyuk,” The guests tossed with their own wine glass in their seat. Min Taesin then walked to his seat beside his wife, Yura’s mother.

“Now, let’s the main ceremony begin. Min Yura and Park Minhyuk, please come to the stage,” the MC asked the main couple. Yura and Minhyuk walked sied by side to the stage. Minhyuk put a big happy smile on his face while Yura just smiled noticed enough to hide her own feeling. Someone brought their rings to the stage.

Minhyuk put Yura’s ring on her ring finger. Then Yura put Minhyuk’s on his ring finger too. The guests applaused. Minhyuk and Yura put a smileon their face as they showed their ring.

Unknowingly Yura saw Jin left the room from the corner of her eyes. She knew he was broken, just like she was.

 

***

 

Jin regretted to come to this party. He thought he could handle his heart. But he was wrong. The time Yura and Minhyuk exchanged ring his heart broken into pieces. He couldn’t watch them anymore so he went outside.  He went to the hotel pool in the other side of the hotel with a dim light. Since the ballroom was in the same floor he didn’t have to walk for a long.

Jin sat on a bench with a glass of wine he brought from inside. He hoped there were more wine for him now. He wasn’t the type that liked to drink but he was too hurt to be sober now.

If we are meant to be together, fate will let us to be together. Yura’s word rang on his head. What did she mean? If she still wanted to be with him why she agreed to be with that Minhyuk guy.

“Does he love you more than I am? Yes he loves you but I doubt you love him back,” Jin muttered to him self.

“She doesn’t love me,” Someone answered Jin’s doubt. Jin turned his head and he saw Minhyuk was approaching him. Jin scoffed. Why he had to meet this guy?

“So this is the one who finally can reach Yura’s heart,” Minhyuk said calmly as he sat beside Jin. Jin didn’t say anything. He just played the glass on his hand. “By the way, I’m Park Minhyuk,” Minhyuk ntroduced him self though he knew the other had known him already.

“Kim Seokjin or shortly Jin,” Jin replied coldly. Minhyuk chuckled silently at Jin’s jealos behavior.

“I know Yura loves you. So, don’t be jealous to me. I love her as my own sister. I can’t see her as a couple,” Minhyuk said.

“So, why this engagement still going while neither of you love the other?” Jin asked surprised.

“It’s her dad’s will. Mostly because of the company. He doesn’t want the company fall to the other people except me and Yura. I respect him so much that’s why I accept this arranged marriage. I’ve asked Yura if she want to decline it, but she didn’t want to reject it,” Minhyuk answered.

“I don’t know what’s inside her mind,” Jin mumbled but loud enough to be heard by Minhyuk.

“So do I,” Minhyuk agreed. They went silent for a moment then Minhyuk stood up. “If you believe you love and her love, believe that fate will unite the two of you,” He advised before walked away left Jin alone again.

Fate. Can I believe it?

 

***


new chap it up ^^

sorry if this story don't go like what you want kkk. if Jin can stop the engagement then the story will end kkk.

feel free to read, subscribe, comment and upvote ^^ LOVE YOU GUYS ^^