Chapter 7

The Stubborn You

Yura just finished talking with Jung via office phone. She had to call her back just in case there was something important. And yes there was. Jung said some material for Bangtan Boys outfits were out of stock so they had to restock and that needed time. Yura remembered that those outfits had to be done in 5 days so they could fit them with the boys first then did the MV filming and photoshoot. Yura decided to change some materials that could be change and her self would search for the others so Jung could focuse on the making.

“My first job as manager and there’s problem. Great,” Yura grumbled. She decided to arrange the meeting with stylist and coordinator (coordi) girls tomorrow. She sent notification texts for all of them and grabbed her bag. She headed to practice room to inform the other that she’ll be out.

“I have to go. Some problem with Jung I have to handle,” Yura said once she was in the practice room door. The boys with the managers still having chats as they rested their tires legs and arms.

“Can you go by yourself? We can’t accompany you,” Jinyoung shouted as he checked his watch. He and Jonghoon had to take care of another necessity for Bangtan Boys debut.

“It’s okay. I’m not thinking to troublesome you,” Yura assured. She just wanted to turn when Jonghoon called her.

“You’ll go with no car right? Use my car. I’ll be with Jinyoung. It’s more efficient than taking bus,” He said and tossed his car key.

“Err.. Okay. Thanks,” Yura mumbled and now really walked away. The boys continued their talks before practice again. They all except one person.

“Hyung... Hyung... Down to earth Jin Hyung,” Rapmon waved his hand in front of Jin blank face. His gaze was on the door where Yura just walked away. Jin snapped back moments later. The boys sighed.

“Mesmerized by his princess,” Jimin mocked as he stood up followed by the others. V gave him concern looks.

“No, I’m not,” Jin mumbled.

“Yes, you are. Now, let’s practice again. Our debut is coming,” Rapmon said then they positioned in their stage position.

“We’ll be in Mr. Bang office, guys. Just call us if you need something,” Jinyoung informed as he and Jonghoon exited practice room.

“Okay.”

 

***

 

Yura entered BigHit parking lot. She searched Jonghoon’s car then stopped in front of a black car. She ever saw it once and she hoped she was true. She turned unlock key on the car key. Fortunately she was true. The car was unlocked. She entered driver seat and drove away.

Yura headed to a textile materials store she knew. She oftenly went there to get something to her work or her task for lecture. She entered and be welcomed by a girl salesclerk.

“Welcome. Can I help you?” She greeted Yura with a big smile that didn’t reach her eyes. Yura knew the girl was forced to smile to the customers include her.

“I need some materials. Here’s the list and how much I need them,” Yura showed the girl a piece of paper. She had written down what she need when she was on call with Jung.

“I’ll take it first. I’ll bring you the example so you can examine them first. You can sit down right there while waiting for me,” The clerk said as she took the paper from Yura. She bowed then rushed away. Yura spotten a bench and sat down. She took her notebook and checked her to do list. She massaged her temples. With Bangtan Boys debut that coming soon, her jobs piled up too. She had to make sure the boys debut with perfect appearance that could catch fangirls heart and had character enough that fitted their group concept.

“I shall arrange tomorrow meeting topic,” Yura muttered when suddenly the clerk girl popped up in front of her.

“Agashi, here are the example for materials you asked. How?” She showed several pieces of fabrics and another materials Yura asked. Yura checked all of them and she satisfied enough.

“I’ll take them. I’ve given you my note of how much I need them right? Would you please send them this afternoon?” Yura asked.

“Okay. I’ll prepare the bill you can pay on cashier,” The girl informed. Yura walked to the cashier. There were few people in the line. Yura lined up behind them. Once her turn came she asked for the bill and handed thecredit car the company gave her for company’s needs. The transaction was done in few minutes. Yura went out after she gave Jung’s studio address so the materials would be sent there right away.

Yura just sat down on Jonghoon’s car driver seat when her phone rang. She looked at the screen. Mom.

“Yes, mom?” She picked up the call.

“Yura, how are you, dear?” The voice in across line greeted. Yura smiled lightly. How much she missed her mom’s voice.

“I’m okay, mom. How are you there?” Yura asked back.

“Me too. Yura I want to tell you something about your dad,” Her mother said. Yura stiffened at the mention of her dad.

“Could you please not mention him?” Yura asked coldly. Her smile faded. Her frown expression and cold voice came back.

“I know I know you still mad at him. But it’s years now. Can’t you forgive him?” Her mom pleaded. Yura hated make her mom being like that as much as she hated her dad.

“I don’t have a dad,” Yura replied, didn’t her mom’s question. She heard a heavy sigh from her mother.

“Listen to me this time. Your dad condition drops. He mentioned you sometime,” Yura’s mom informed. Yura was taken aback. She hated her dad but she knew he was such a strong man. Strong enough to make me hate him.

“You didn’t tell him where I am and anything about me, right?” Yura was suspicious.  She really wanted to avoid any contact with her dad so much.

“How can I tell him anything about you when I, my self, don’t know anything about you except your phone number,” The elder woman scolded.

“I know, mom,” Yura sighed.

“Please, come home this time. Meet your dad,” Her mom pleaded again.

“I... don’t know, mom.”

 

***