PLAYING WITH FIRE

That One Person I Wanna See (Sequel)

It was the day after the funeral and I sat in Dae's living room,flipping the letter that I was supposed to read around.I tossed it in the air,spun it on the table,twirled it around my fingers and even balanced it on my head.

The mystery and suspense the piece of paper gave me felt like a sort of purpose.Like as long as this letter is sealed,I won't have to bother about anything else.

But I knew what was waiting for me,piles of work at the office.I wonder how many new shows have been launched when I wasn't around.

I sighed and heard the door upstairs open and close.I looked up at Daehyun,his hair wet from his shower and he looked at me,"Why the long face?"

I hugged the piece of paper and placed my cheek on the table,"Its important."

"What is?"

"Its that important that I'm not telling you."

"You mean that piece of paper you've been playing with the past few days?"

"Aish jinjja how did you know?"

He chuckled and sat opposite me,"Is there anything written inside?"

"I don't know,I guess so."

"Bwoh?You haven't read it yet?"

I eyed the neatly folded piece of paper,"Its so mystical,I don't know why Minhyun wants me to read this after the funeral."

Daehyun stared at me,scrutinizing me I think.Wondering if I've gone mad or not.

I pinched his nose,"I'm fine dear,just leave me be,let me be weird for a few days."

He hit my forehead lightly,"Babe,you're already so weird,how much weirder can you get?"

I pouted and grabbed his hand,resting my head on it,"I want to float around a while more before getting back to work,I start in two days time,I'm going to drown in all the work."

Dae leaned close to me and kissed the tip of my nose,"You'll handle it."

A drop of water from his hair dripped on my face and I jumped slightly,startled by the cold wetness.

He smirked and touched my cheek,"Seems like you're doing fine now,you should go back home."

I closed my eyes and snuggled into his hand,"I don't want to,reminds me of too much."

"But your brother still goes back there,no reason why you shouldn't."

"Oppa."

He held my chin and stared straight into my eyes,"I love you,but we're not married and as much as I like staying with you-"

He paused for a moment and pecked my lips lightly,"As much as I love staying with you,your brother needs your support and comfort now,both of you need to get over the grief together."

I sighed and pushed his hands away from me,"Arasso,I'll move back tonight."

"Bwoh?So fast?"

I raised an eyebrow,"Yah you wanted me to go back."

"I know but not so fast,at least until you start work,I've gotten used to you being around."

I giggled and he reached over,taking my hands,"Just two more days,okay?"

"Mm,ara,now what do you want to eat?"

He smiled and pulled me to the kitchen,"We have some leftover rice,egg,kimchi,vegetables and some chicken,what can you think of?"

"What else can I think of?This is all for kimchi fried rice."

"Oh jeongmal?"

I nodded and grabbed his frying pan,"Go and wait,I'll be done in a moment."

He sat on a small chair in a corner to let me work and it felt pretty fun.Feels like I'm cooking for my husband,but boyfriend is just as fun.

"Hyunmin ah."

"Nae."

"I wanna get married."

"Okay,with who?"

He scoffed,"Oh I wanna get married with the ajumma down the street,"he answered sarcastically."Of course I wanna marry you babe."

"Not now though."

"Ara."

I thought about my father,wanting me to be with Daehyun and to live well.I sighed and heard this clicking sound behind me.I turned and saw Dae playing with a lighter.

I focused back on the fried rice,"Yah,don't play with that,you'll burn the house down."

"Will that make you marry me?"

"Bwoh?"

"If I burn the house down."

"No."

He chuckled,"Arasso,I don't intend on burning my house anyway."

His voice sounded really weird,like as if he's made his mind up about something.I turned the stove off and went over to him,holding his face in my hands,"Don't do it,whatever you're planning,if its bad don't do it.If its good then tell me."

He leaned in and kissed me,I know what he's doing,comforting me.He pulled away and smiled,"I won't do anything bad,I love you too much to do something like that."

I kissed his forehead and looked straight into his eyes,there was still some determination in there,but I didn't want to force him much,for all I know it could just be nothing.

I went to scoop the rice out into two bowls and handed one to Daehyun,which he took and ate happily.

I pulled him up and pushed him to the living room.We sat on the sofa watching random shows that came on.

"Oppa."

"Hmm?"

"Nan,I wanna get married."

"Jinjja?With who?"

I glanced at him,"With you of course."

"Hyunmin ah."

"Ara,not now."

He nodded,"I promise."

"Promise what?"

"That I'll protect you,I'll keep you safe,even if you are sad,I promise to make everything better,whatever it is I'll be there for you."

He gazed at me and I saw more determination than ever in his eyes.

"And it will still apply when we're married."

 

=========================================================================================================