The Past

This Guy Called Zico

Yina and Zico sat in the Movie Theater and watched a sad love movie with many people sitting around them. He glanced over at Yina who's eyes were wide open, chugging popcorn into .

She looked intently into the movie and without looking, she reached for the drink but Zico was drinking it. She glanced and noticed then poked Zico's arm.

"Woo ZIco-sshi! Drink!" She said with her eyes on the big TV screem again. He scoffed and handed it to her. "Here..." he said.

Yina took it and sipped through the same straw that Zico sipped from. She slurped, but then suddenly, she looked at the cup and shook it, only hearing the ice shaking.

She looked at Zico and fixed on a sad expression.

"Woo ZIco-sshi... it's done." She told him. He scoffed and nodded his head, crossing his arms and watching the movie again.

"Woo Zico-sshiiiii... it's done..." she said handing him the cup, motioning for him to get a new one. He sighed and scoffed, grabbing it and heading out.

"Who's the boss here?" He mumbled then sighed and walked off. "Thanks.." she said until Zico stopped his movement.

He sat back down and tugged Yina's arm towards him. She widened her eyes and looked at him with confusion while he moved his lips near her ear.

"Since we're a couple today, you shouldn't call me Woo Zico-sshi... instead, call me oppa." He said with a smirk then glanced at her before heading off.

Yina stood there with shock, unable to move from her position that Zico had pulled her into. She watched as he headed out the door and grasped her heart again.

"O-oppa... oppa...?" She stuttered through whispers. She shook her head and sat back in her seat, watching the movie again. She sighed nervously and threw popcorn into again.

 

 

After the movie had ended, Zico and Yina walked out with tiredness.

"That. Was a boring movie..." she said shaking her head and rubbing her eyes. Zico shot a look at her while they walked in the streets.

"It was boring?? Your eyes never left the screen." He said with a scoff. She glanced at him and coughed, looking away nervously. "Because.... I had to..." she said then walked off.

Zico looked at a sign that was taped onto the window display of a shop and smiled.

"Fireworks Show 10pm at Kay Building?" He mumbled to himself. He looked at his phone and realized it was only almost nine. He looked over at Yina and smiled.

 

"Jung Yina!" He called her name, standing a couple feet behind her. She stopped walking and turned to face him.

"Let's go watch the fireworks." He told her. She widened her eyes and looked around her.

"Where are they shooting fireworks at?" She asked pursing her lips. "Don't worry about that." He said then went to hold her hand, walking off together.

 

Zico took Yina onto one of his personal cuise boat and they both walked outside, watching the dark skies with only stars and the moon being their only light.

"Wah, this is so relaxing!" Yina said spreading her arms out wide, feeling the beautiful breeze running past her. Zico walked out with two glasses of champagne and handed her a cup.

"Here..." he said. She looked up at him and then at the champagne and widened her eyes.

"What's that?" She asked. Zico looked at the bottle and smacked his lips. "Champagne." He told her. Yina sighed and coughed.

"Woo Zico-sshi... I don't drink..." she told him. "It's only champagne." He told her. "Yeah... it's champagne." She said.

"And.... What's so bad about it? I drink champagne and nothing happens." He told her. She looked at him with a weird feeling in her heart. She didn't know why, but she just felt weird.

"Woo Zico-sshi..." she called him looking down. "I uh.... I think I'll just see you tomorrow." She told him. He widened his eyes and looked at her with confusion.

"Yah, what's up? If this makes you feel... uncomfortable, then I'll change it to water." He told her. Yina bit her lips and smiled at him.

"Sorry... I'm just.... thinking too much these days..." she said then turned around, making her back face him.

Zico looked at her with confusion from her attitude change once again. He set the cups and champagne down and walked over to her, leaning against the ledge of the boat.

"Yah, are you okay?" He asked. She shot a look at him and shook her head. "It's.... it's nothing..." she said looking down.

"I've learned from movies... when girls say it's nothing, it's EVERYTHING." He told her with his eyes widening. Yina chuckled and shook her head.

"It's...." she said taking a deep breath. She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. Zico looked down and smiled.

"You always do that whenever you're nervous or know you're going to get in trouble." He told her. Yina glanced at him then down at her fingers and smiled, stopping her fiddling.

"Sorry... it's a habit..." she said biting the corner of her lips.

 

"Is it an old lover?" Zico asked looking at the dark skies. Yina shot a look at him and looked up into the skies as well.

"What are you talking about?" She asked with a nervous chuckle. "The reason why you're acting like that. Was everything that we did today what you and your boyfriend did in the past?" He asked her looking down.

Yina scoffed and looked down, closing her eyes. Everything that Zico said was true. Everything they did today was what she and her ex used to do... every July 4th....

Until he died, she had no one else to celebrate July 4th with.

"It's okay. You don't have to explain. I'll just take you home if you feel uncomfortable hanging out with me instead of him." He said walking back inside.

 

"Woo Zico-sshi..." she called him. He stopped walking and turned to look at her. She looked down and forced on a smile, one that Zico knew was forced.

"He passed away already... so it's okay..." she told him with a chuckle. Zico knew that was fake also, her chuckle. He widened his eyes and his eyes softened.

"What?" He asked again through a stutter. Yina looked down and fiddled with her fingers again, tears building up in her eyes.

"He died 2 years ago already... so it's okay. I'm sorry for using you today... to try to remember him." She said. Zico scoffed and walked over to her.

He sat down on the seat beside the ledge and patted the seat beside him, motioning for Yina to sit down.

"Talk to me..." he said softly, glancing up at her. She in her lips and sat down beside him.

"About what?" She asked. "Yah, don't act stupid on me." He said with a slight chuckle then looked at her. "Whatever you need to talk about... just let it out to me." He told her.

He felt weird on the inside. He's never let himself sit there and let a girl talk to him before. Never in his life had he let himself so vulnerable to a girl and actually take them onto his cruise boat also.

Yina could feel tears starting to fall out of her eyes already, but because of the dark night and the little light available, Zico couldn't see it, and she was thankful.

She's never had anyone who would let her talk about her problems to them. She's told Hyuna, but Hyuna doesn't give such good advices, so she would always hold in her pain inside.

She glanced at Zico and chuckled nervously, looking up into the dark skies with a deep breath.

"Aiya... what a night, huh?" She asked. He glanced at her and looked back down. "Beautiful... but not so much when people are sad..." he told her with his lips pressed together.

 

"He...? His name was Ahn Jaehyo... He was perfect... too perfect, actually," she said with a chuckle. "Isn't that how it always is?" He joked, but Yina just smiled.

"He loved helping people. Whether it be financially, or just to give someone a smile and brighten up their day, he'd be there." She said looking down at her fingers.

Zico looked at her and his eyes softened. She didn't seem like the clumsy girl that embarrassed him everyday at work.

 

"Until one day, he was forced by his friends to go to this... one bar or place with them." she said then took a deep breath.

"He told me he only drank a few champagne... I mean, I didn't know you can get drunk out of champagne, can you?" She asked squinting her eyes at Zico who just looked down.

"Well... he uh... he had a one night stand with a girl," Yina said in her lips with a nod. Zico shot a look at her and widened his eyes in shock.

"He what?" He asked in total shock. She looked at him and just smiled, as always. "He got her pregnant... and then he came to tell me." She said fiddling with her fingers again.

"I uh... of course, I couldn't let him just run away. He had to take responsibility and take care of the girl and the baby." She said her lips gently.

"So, you broke it off with him?" Zico asked softly, glancing at her. Yina had tears in her eyes, but she took a deep breath and held it back, chuckling like an idiot.

"I thought that was for the best. But.... later did I know, he went and commit suicide." She said huffing a little.

Zico looked at her and could see her sparkling eyes due to the tears. He scrunched up his eyebrows for a split second and his lips gently.

"And... ever since then, I lost all hope. I lost all my happiness... and I wasn't as cheerful as of now. But until I met Hyuna unnie... she changed me back." She said.

"Then, why would you try to remember him, if it only brings you pain?" Zico asked her. She looked at him and in her lips to hold her tears back. She shrugged her shoulders and smiled forcefully.

"I'm an idiot, aren't I?" She said huffing, taking a deep breath and looking up into the sky.

"An idiot that wants to experience love again... an idiot that wants to know how it feels like to be in love... and be in pain... and..." she said then took a deep breath and looked down.

 

Suddenly, the time clocked 10pm, and behind Zico and Yina, fireworks crashed into the sky, making a bright light shine on the city.

Yina huffed and looked up with a smile of relaxation and happiness on her face. Zico, on the other hand, looked at Yina and saw her tears that fell down against her cheeks.

Her tears softened his heart... and somehow, seeing her tears made his heart hurt.

He didn't know if it was because of her heartbreaking story... or if... if.... he was.....

 

**SMOOCH**

 

Yina widened her eyes when she felt Zico's lips against hers'. He cupped one of her cheeks in his hand and leaned in, deepening the kiss.

He didn't know what he was doing, or why he was doing such a thing that he'd NEVER do... but something in his heart.... was forcing him to do it.... something....

 

A/N: That was a LONG chapter!!! But what's happening?!!! Zico just KISSED Yina?!!!! Omo!!

Please don't forget to leave feedbacks and let me know how it's going for yallz otay?? XD

But YEROBUN!! Is "Be the Light" STILL on repeat for you all?!!! CAUSE IT IS FOR ME!! Kekekek...

Yah, my Zico looked so handsome in there... along with the other oppas as well... but /sighs/

That song will forever stick onto my playlist..... forever and ever!!! Kekekkee... <3

Until next time, saranghae yerobun! BBCnTSFAM signing out! PYONG!!~~~~