Day Off 3

A Turn of Events

-Hyuna's POV-

As I woke up, the first thing that I remembered is that Junho has someone he likes. This shouldn't be affecting me this much but somehow it does. I thought I only liked him as a fan but it seems like my feelings have gone deeper than that. I now liked him for him, for his smile, for his character and how he always cares for everyone else. It was just so sweet and nice of him. I stared at the celiing as I wondered about my future, whether I would have a chance with him at all.

It was quite awhile before I finally got out my bed. I dragged myself to the bathroom to wash up then to the kitchen to find some food. I was not surprise to find that none of the 2pm members were still in bed. We had a pretty tiring and long day yesterday. I smile to myself as I think back to the memories of Everland. After a simple breakfast, I brought my guitar to the rooftop. I have come to love the rooftop a lot. There was a swing chair surrounding by many potted plants. It gave off a serene feeling. I was just happily strumming a few chords when I felt the presence of someone behind me. I turned around to see Nickhun. He was just standing there with his messy bed hair and the all so familiar smile. I gave him a shy smile. "Why did you stop? I would love to hear you play. I never knew you could play the guitar." Nickhun said as he took a seat beside me.

"Oh. It's just a few chords. I don't really know how to play well." I replied. There was this moment of awkwardness after I replied as he simply looked at me. "Is there something on my face? Why do you look at me like that?" I asked him.

"It's nothing. I was just thinking. You are pretty talented you know. I'm sure it won't be long before you are an expert with the guitar." He said in a teasing yet serious tone. I was blushing so badly from his compliment I had to turn away. Nickhun is the first one ever since I joined TopStars to compliment me. "I'll leave you to your playing. I shall go wash up." Nickhun said as he got up to make his way back to his room.

It was awhile as I sat there thinking before I started strumming the guitar again. As I slowly focus back on the guitar, I lost myself in the music. After playing for hours, my fingers were all sore but I was happy. Music always gave me a good feeling. I decided to give a call to Ailee since it has been awhile. "Hello! How's my dear friend doing so far?" I greeted her happily.

"I'm fine. Totally fine, absolutely fine actually. My comeback date has just been set." I could hear Ailee's grin through the phone. "I would love to let you hear the song but I want to surprise you so you'll have to wait for the official release date." Ailee teased me. I can tell that she was really excited. I was really happy for her too but somewhere, I felt jeolous that Ailee is going to debut already. We chatted for a few more minutes before Ailee had to rush off.

As I ended the call, I looked around my surroundings. It was so peaceful up at the rooftop. I stared at the blue skies as I enjoyed the weather. It wasn't long before I fell asleep.

-Nickhun's POV-

As I opened my eyes, I could hear this faint guitar sound. It sounded like it was from the rooftop so that was where I headed to. I saw Hyuna strumming her guitar. She looked like an angel sitting on the chair surrounded by the plants. She must have sensed my presence because she stopped and turned around. "Why did you stop? I would love to hear you play. I never knew you could play the guitar." I asked her as I took a seat beside her. I vaguely heard her reply as I looked at her face. How can anyone look so pretty? There was this sense of awkwardness as I simply stared at her. A compliment usually fixes awkward situations so that's what I did. She was blushing so badly, don't anyone compliment her? I decided to leave before I made her feel anymore awkward.

As I went back to my room, I was lost in my thoughts of Hyuna. It was awhile before I heard the strumming of the guitar. She really was talented, she could dance, sing and play instruments. I'm sure she would surpass many idol groups if she could debut.

It was our last off day before wehad to practice hard again for our comeback. The members were obviously trying to get as much sleep as they could. It was already afternoon and everybody still seemed to be sound asleep. I decided to go to the rooftop when I realised that I was no longer hearing the sounds from the guitar. I saw Hyuna soundly asleep. I laid her head in a more comfortable position and opened up the umbrella for the chair so that she won't feel too hot. I took the chance to observe her features again. I can never get enough of staring at her face. She stirred a bit but went back to sleep. I decided to give her privacy.

-Hyuna's POV-

I woke up to find the sky a dark blue. As I gathered my senses, I realised that someone has opened up an umbrella for me while I was sleeping. I wondered who it was as I proceeded to put my guitar back in my closet. I found Nickhun in the living room watching a show. I wondered where were the other members. "Hi, you want to go for a run? I feel so lazy sleeping all day." I asked Nickhun. "Of course! We meet back here in 5 minutes okay?" Nickhun replied. I went back to my room to change to a running outfits, track pants with a dryfit shirt. Nickhun and I put on our running shoes and made our way to the park near our house. We ran around slowly, it was a comfortable silence between Nickhun and I. I never really felt awkward with Nickhu, well except for this morning. After we ran, we took a seat at a bench. I was just enjoying the sunset when I had the shock of my life.

"Hyuna-ah. I have something to confess. I have always liked you. Would you be my girlfriend?" I heard Nickhun asked. I looked at him as if he was joking. I was still waiting for him to say that he was just joking.

-Nickhun's POV-

I was halfway through my movie when I saw Hyuna come down the stairs. She asked me to accompany her for a run and I happily agreed. We ran quite a bit at the park near our house before we settled down on a park bench. She looked so blissful enjopying the sunset. "Hyuna-ah." I called her. "I have something to confess. I have always liked you. Would you be my girlfriend?" I asked her. I know it was direct and not romantic at all but the words tumbled out of my mouth before I realised it. Nonetheless, the words were true and I waited in hope of hearing that one word. The silence for that few seconds seemed to me like an eternity. I could see the shock in her eyes.

-Hyuna's POV-

My brain was tossed into a flurry as I tried to process what Nickhun has just said to me. He likes me? How is that possible? I thought of Junho's response that day at Everland and I made up my mind. "Yes, I would love to." I gave a shy smile as I decided to give Nickhun a chance, as well as a chance for me to forget my first crush ever. Nickhun enveloped me in a tight embrace as soon as he heard my response. He must have been very nervous. If there was someone willing to be there for me, why do I have to wait for someone who already has someone else in his heart?

I returned his embrace before pushing him away. "As much as this calls for a hug, it will have to wait because you really stink." I and chuckled. Hugging after a run most probably wasn't the best idea. He blushed slightly but I could tell that he was unaffected as his eyes couldn't hide the happiness he was feeling. As I looked into Nickhun's eyes, I made up my mind to lock Junho in a box at the back of my mind. Nickhun was going to be all that I would think of from now on.

We sat at the bench and enjoyed the last few minutes of the sunset before we headed back. I could tell that Nickhun was going to be a really caring and thoughtful boyfriend to me. I held his hand as we made our way back. He simply grinned and held my hand even tighter as we slowly strolled back home.

---------------------------------

I finally got to write this. I've been feeling so lazy ><

Hope you enjoy this chapter!! A little twist :)