Flight to Korea

A Turn of Events

Knowing that I finally get to go to Korea was defitnely exciting. But, I just wasn't rather to leave my family behind. It was hard enough for me to shift out of the house, but to shift to another country was worse. Although it is only temporary, I hate to put so much distance between my family and I.

Stella was so busy in the days after the discussion that she often left me in Emmnet's care. It was actually fun to train with Emmnet. He was not as strict as Stella and would joke around a lot with me. He was also a great freestyle, hip-hop dancer and I learnt a lot from him. The unexpected thing about Emmnet was that he was also good at latin dance. He even taught me a simple dance and introduced me to the world of latin dance. I have always loved a variety of dances so I was really happy when Emmnet decided to take a break from hip-hop and teach me latin dance. It was harder than I thought and my respect for Emmnet went up again. Another surprising thing about him was that he was fluent in many languages. He was tasked with teaching me Korean. He made it so easy to learn the language as he would joke around. Aside from those moments when I felt happy, I was constantly dreading the day when I would go to Korea. Ailee was estatic while my family could only shower me with more love by calling me more often.

The day to leave for Korea arrived quickly, as usual, things that I don't really look forward to always comes so fast. Although a lot has happened, it has been a short 3 weeks since I joined TopStars. During this period of time, without me knowing, I have made a lot of improvements in my dance. As I changed into the outfit that Stella picked out, I pondered about my life since I joined TopStars. Suddenly as I stared at the mirror, I don't really recognise the girl in the mirror. Dressed in jeans and a simple black top with long sleeves, the girl in the mirror was actually pretty good looking. My body has become really toned due to intense training, my hair seems nicer too as it reached half of my back. I am quite amazed at how much I have changed as I laced up my pink sneakers. The sneakers must be like the only item that Stella let me bring over from my house. That is why I always wear my sneakers when the chance comes. It feels like I have managed to retain part of my old self when I put on those sneakers.

All was quiet in that car as Stella's boyfriend drove us to the airport. Only a few words were exchanged between Stella and her boyfriend. It then dawned on my that all this travelling was part of being a TopStars, no wonder Stella always tell me to get used to the feeling of missing my parents. Soon, we arrived at the airport and Stella proceeded to do the check-in for me.  We were going to take a night flight and arrive in Korea in the morning. The only good thing about travelling with Stella was that I get to fly first class. After the check-in we were ushered into a seperate lobby to wait for our flight. There were refreshments and it was really cozy in the lobby. There weren't many people flying first class at that time so it was pretty much personalized service. Although it was fun, I just can't get used to the waiter standing there as I sat. As the time for boarding came, I was actually feeling pretty excited about flying first class. Stella and I made our way up the plane and got comfy. The seats were so spacious, it was as if two of me could fit into the seat. I was offered a drink upon boarding, it was some kind of a mocktail that tastes pretty good. The rest was a blur as I drifted off into a peaceful sleep for the rest of the flight. I was only vaguely aware that Stella talked to me about breakfast but that merged with my dreams too as I closed my eyes and continued with my sleep. By the time I opened my eyes, there was only 30 minutes left for the flight. Stella was busy watching a drama so I plugged in my earphones and just relaxed. Landing was smooth and soon, I was out of the plane.

Collection of luggage was fast, between Stella and I there was only one luggage. Stella had insisted on having another shopping spree when we came to Korea. I have no idea what will happen to all the other clothes back home. Finally I set foot on Korea. I took a deep breadth and readied myself to face another phrase of my life. Stella and I didn't have to wait long before a representative came to pick us up. "Hello, I'm Kim Bum. I'm the representative sent by JYP Entertainment to pick you up." The person said in Korean and ended with a slight bow. I stared at him in disbelief. I must have heard wrongly. Stella was working under JYP? Isn't that the company that 2pm is under??

------------------------------

Woohoo~ Hyuna is finally in Korea. What's going to happen? Just keep reading to find out :)

If there are any silent readers, I would love it if you guys could create an account and subscribe to my story :)

And many thanks to the readers who have been following my story up till now :) <3