The Event 2

A Turn of Events

-Hyuna's POV-

After that dinner that day, I got along much better with 2pm. I have gradually gotten used to being around them. The only person that I still get shy around would be Junho. He is my crush after all. Every time I see his smile, I feel this warm fuzzy feeling within.

In the 2 weeks leading up to the event, I practiced all day long. Emmnet and Stella also did not cut me any slack. If I slipped up or did something wrong, I would be punished with push-ups or sit-ups. It was hard work. I never knew that one song would require so much practice. It was hard to not sound breathless when I had to sing and dance. Emmnet made me run around the whole estate everyday to train me. It did help and I found my singing better. Sometimes I would be so engrossed in my own practice that I don't realise that dinner was ready. One of the members would have to come and call me. After dinner, 2pm and I now would hang around the dinner table and chat. They would tell me about their progress for their new album. It sounds pretty cool and I can't wait for their album to be released. They still don't know that I'm a fan of theirs.

Before I know it, 2 weeks was up and it was time for the stage performance. I don't know whether it is a good or bad thing that 2pm had something on that day. I wanted them to see me perform but at the same time, I didn't want them to watch me. I had a last minute practice with the other members a few hours before the performance. Although we only trained twice together so far, I'm surprised by our chemistry and how well our performance came together. I was glad I got to be in the same group as Lucy again. She has taken good care of me too during my time at TopStars. I changed into the outfit laid out for me. It was a tight fitting black pants matched with a shiny black top that covers my tummy just nice. It was simple but manages to show off my figure which I have realised has gotten better in the two weeks of practice. I put on my white high tops and sat in the living room waiting for the other members. Lucy was the first to finish changing and doing her makeup so she came down to help me with my makeup. She did minimal for me, she said that I looked good enough as it is. Soon, we were all gathered in the van and we set off for the shopping mall. I was getting more and more nervous with each passing minute. As we got to the venue, a lot of people has already gathered in front of the stage and back stage too. I had no idea that this event was so popular. I have never even heard of it before.

We went back stage to wait for the event to start. I was getting so nervous that I could hardly sit still as I watched the people crowd around the stage. But as I looked around, I was still slightly dissappointed to see that Stella was not part of the crowd. She was my mentor, sister, friend, everything I have come to rely on since I joined TopStars. It would be nice if she could come and see my second stage. Finally, the MC started the event. One by one the groups went up to perform. I must say that their covers of the dances were pretty good. It seems like they are all professional dancers. Seeing others perform so well only added to my nervousness. I can't wait to run in the opposite direction from the stage. At last, it was our turn. Emmnet gave me a reassuring smile and nudged me in the direction of the stage. At least Emmnet was here, even though Stella couldn't. I followed Lucy towards the stage as we got our mics. I nervously grabbed my mic. My palms were getting sweaty and I was so afraid that I would drop the mic on stage. As I waited for the MC to announce our turn, I scanned the crowd one last time. Stella still can't be found anywhere. I decided to focus on the performance in the end. I took a deep breath and walked up the stage with the others as the MC announced our stage. Surprisingly, there were a lot of cheers for our group. It must be due to the other members' popularity. We got into position and waited for the music to come on.

The music started and I took another breath as I started my part. "My voice is shaking. Did anyone notice it?" Thoughts kept running through my head as I soon as I started. I quickly cleared my mind and focused on the dance. After a few more beats, I was considerably more relaxed and my dancing and singing got more confident. Before long, the song ended. I even allowed myself a smile. I took a bow and walked off the stage. Now that the pressure of performing is off, I was feeling so happy that I was almost feeling high. I jumped off the last step and grinned at Emmnet and gave him a hug.

As I was walking out of the back stage with Emmnet, I got a real surprise. "Good job!! I'm so proud of you!" exclaimed a voice. I looked up to find the person I've been looking for, Stella. I gave her a tight hug. As I looked behind her shoulder, I realised that 2pm was with her. They gave me smiles as they stood there. "Not bad, not bad." Taecyon commented. I could only continue to grin. Thereafter, all of us proceeded to have dinner. We decided to have grilled meat since everybody was in such a good mood. I was so happy that I kept talking and laughing at every single thing. Performing live is really such a thrill.

-Nickhun's POV-

Stella suggested that we end practice early today. I know that she really wants to see Hyuna perform. Although Stella and Hyuna are not real sisters, I know that they are as close as sisters if not even closer. 2pm decided that we could take a break at the same time so we agreed to ending early. We had a quick late lunch and we proceeded to the shopping mall. I got a shock as I got off the van. It was so crowded! How were suppose to hide our identities? We could only do the standard of wearing caps, sunglasses and whatnot and hope that nobody recognises us. We managed to snag a spot in front of the stage but slightly to the side. I saw Hyuna standing by the side. She looked so nervous, I wished that I could go and encourage her. I saw her scan the crowd but she must have missed us because she looked down in disappointment. Soon, the MC announed their turn. I saw her walk up the stage with a look of determination. As soon as the music started, I only had eyes for Hyuna. She was amazing. I did get glimpses of her during her practices but I never got to watch her full performance. She was flawless, a natural dancer from what I can see. She certainly didn't have any problem catching the beat and singing on pitch. I cheered with the crowd as the group ended the performance. It was a few minutes as we waited by the backstage. Finally, I saw Hyuna walk out with Emmnet. She was grinning from ear to ear. Her smile is so contagious that I find myself smiling too. I noticed that 2pm seems affected too as everybody instantly became more happy. She gave Stella a tight hug as soon as she saw Stella. Although I was happy that she was, I can't help but to feel a little jeolous of Stella. That night, we went to have grilled meat for dinner. It was the first time she was so talkative. She was initiating conversations by herself. She must have enjoyed herself on stage just now.

-Junho's POV-

Her smile is so contagious that I find myself smiling back at her. She really looks very pretty. She was totally captivating on stage. I only had eyes for her. I wanted to compliment her as soon as I saw her walk out but I just couldn't find the words. Only Taecyon said something to her. I was about to get the words out but she was already walking off with Stella and Emmnet. She must be really excited because she was so talkative during dinner. She would start conversations and laugh at everything. I could watch her laugh all day long.

I remember back to the time when Kim Bum hyung submitted his resignation. Although it was saddening, it was an opportunity. I had subtly suggested to JYP hyung that he get Stella to replace Kim Bum for the time being. I was really happy when Stella and JYP came over and announced that Stella will be our new manager. I don't know when it happened but I started caring and wondering for Hyuna. Whenever I see her, I get speechless. I would try to talk to her but when she replies, I get shy. I don't know why I'm feeling and reacting like that. Back to present, I smile at her as she talked to Chansung about her family. I listened attentively, wanting to know every little detail about her.

--------------------------

Done with another chapter~ Enjoy it :)

Do subscribe and help promote my story :) THANKS!!