It will Rain

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week but Sehun still, was being followed. Suzy tagged along with him from going to school to going home. It was Monday and as usual, Sehun walked towards his apartment and Suzy was walking behind him.

"Tomorrow, it will rain," Suzy stated out of the blue, breaking the silence that resonated between the two of them.

Sehun looked up and saw that the sky was very clear. There were no signs of clouds as if it was a vast space painted with blue.

Is she crazy? Sehun thought.

"Be sure to have an umbrella, hmmmm?" Suzy told him.

Suzy’s words fell on deaf ears for Sehun did not give any reply. Actually, Sehun was already too familiar with this type of unilateral conversation between them. It did not take long before the two of them went to their floor.

"Goodbye," Suzy mumbled before Sehun went in his unit. She was greeted by silence followed by the locking of the door but Suzy still smiled to herself before going inside her room too.

 

 

Sehun was looking at the school's window as droplets of rain fell which quickly turned into a strong shower. He quickly withdrew his gaze at Suzy when the latter found him staring at the window. At the corner of his eyes, he saw Suzy smiled.

School was already over but Sehun could merely wait at the shed for a miracle to stop the hard downpour of the rain.

How would I go home? Sehun asked himself.

Suddenly, he felt someone stand beside him and he need not to turn in order to see that it was Suzy. Without a word, she opened an umbrella and handed it to Sehun but the latter pretended not to notice her. The girl pouted as she asked, "Won't you go home?"

"I will just wait for the rain to stop." Sehun replied without meeting her gaze.

Suzy nodded, turned the umbrella off and sat down before sighing, "Okay."

What is she doing? Sehun thought.

As time ticked by, numerous students passed by them and most, if not all, avoided Sehun for he emitted an aura colder than the weather while many greeted Suzy with their smiles for her as warm as the sun. He heard various students asking her the same question over and over again.

"Won't you go home?"

Of course, everyone would love her because she's friendly, Sehun thought.

“Not yet. I’m still waiting. Don't worry about me. You need to go home now," Suzy assured each student who asked her.

If there are many people by your side, then why bother sticking to me? Sehun asked in silence.

The cold breeze blew and he noticed how Suzy rubbed her palms together to create some heat. s

Just a little more. This will stop, Sehun tried to convince himself.

However, the rain just continued to pour harder. He grunted a curse beneath his breath before looking at Suzy who had readied a smile for him. She opened the umbrella again before taking Sehun’s hand, forcing him to take it. This time, Sehun accepted the offer making the grin at the girl’s lips, wider.

With no word of thanks, he started to walk but he was confused when Suzy did not go under the same umbrella. He glanced at her only to find that Suzy was still on the waiting shed. She beamed at him again, as if full of pride, before getting another umbrella from her bag and soon, she was walking behind him again.

They passed the same roads and the same bridge again until Suzy decided to tell him, "I knew you would feel uncomfortable if we shared, that's why I brought two."

Sehun did not answer again but in his mind, he wanted to ask her, Then why bother telling me to bring when you know I won't bring one?

"It would not hurt trying to ask you to bring. At least, I tried and had a reserved plan."

Sehun stopped on his tracks for he was stunned and how it seemed like Suzy could read his mind.

"Oh. Is something the matter?" Suzy asked when she noticed his countenance.

Sehun stared at her for a while before resuming his walk back home and he could no longer deny that in his mind, he knew that there was a part of him which hoped to share an umbrella with a certain someone.

"Bae Suzy. Bae Suzy?"

Sehun stared at the empty seat beside him.

"Does anyone know why she's absent?"

No one in the class answered the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter