Home

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy's jaw dropped at the sight of the mess in the apartment.

Sehun then told her, "Just find a seat. I'll make coffee."

Sehun went to the kitchen leaving a frustrated Jongin behind. The latter didn’t know how to magically make all the mess in the apartment disappear in one second. Thus, he opted to clear a couch by shoving everything away on its side.

"Feel at home," Jongin mumbled as he sheepishly smiled and scratched his nape.

Suzy plopped herself on the couch and chuckled, "Even though my house is small, I think, it is better than this."

"Your house is small and that is why you have to clean it up frequently," Jongin argued.

"Yah! Just admit it. You two are just so... messy," Suzy teased Jongin.

Jongin just made face which made Suzy chortle once more. Not long after, Sehun came with three cups of coffee on a tray. As they all settled in their seats, Sehun said seriously, "Bae Suzy. You said it yourself. We are friends. So no secrets. Spill it out.”

Suzy stared at the coffee first before taking another sip. Then she started explaining, "When my parents died, they did not leave much a fortune, only a small farm in Jeju. Uncle Jae, a close family friend is the one who manages the farm now. Actually, his wife and he did not want me to go to Seoul but I argued that my parents would want me to fulfill my dreams so I risked everything and went here. But lately, a storm hit Jeju and all the crops died. Uncle Jae only managed to give a small sum of money so I can't pay the rent."

"But where are you things? Your phone? We have been trying to call you," Jongin said.

"I sold them all so that I could buy a ticket to go back to Jeju," Suzy timidly replied as she looked down, avoiding Sehun and Jongin's gaze.

"What?! So you really are planning to leave for good without telling us?!" Jongin exclaimed, annoyed.

Suzy looked at him, 'sorry' all over written on her face.

"So what do you plan to do now?" Sehun questioned.

"I'm going back to Jeju," Suzy answered.

"No, you aren't. We would not allow you. Your parents won't like it if you give up your dream easily," Jongin retorted.

"But I don't have the means," Suzy whispered.

"And what are friends for? You could have asked for help," Sehun replied.

After a long silence, Jongin added, "Maybe, I can tell mom to pay your debt and the owner can let you live in your house again."

"I can't just ask for money from your mom!" Suzy raised her voice.

"Why? She likes you. She would agree," Jongin nonchalantly answered.

"If you don't want his mom, then what about my dad?" Sehun probed.

"Does that even make a difference? It's still asking for money," Suzy argued back with disbelief in her countenance.

"You could work and pay it back," Sehun suggested.

"I tried looking for work in the past few months but they said that they can't let a high schooler work so I won't be able to pay that back too," Suzy sighed.

Silence ensued until Jongin broke it again.

"Then why not try living with us?"

Suzy and Sehun looked at Jongin and the female’s gaze travelled to and fro the two males as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter