Simple Wish

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So what do you plan to do?" Kris asked Suzy.

"Our batch will have two performers," Suzy answered with a beam.

Kris looked at the two guys behind her. Jongin just nodded at Kris and smiled while Sehun stared at him blankly. Kris then looked back at Suzy as he said, "Okay. The more, the merrier.”

Kris then ruffled her hair as he bid her goodbye and Sehun furrowed his eyebrows while Jongin widened his eyes at the sight of an intimate gesture. Suzy grinned back at Kris before showing two thumbs up to Sehun and Jongin which made them smile.

 

 

"Relax," Jongin told Sehun backstage as the male kept pacing back and forth. Jongin then asked, "It's been a while, right? Since you last played in front of many people."

Sehun nodded with a deep sigh, "I'm nervous."

"Don't worry dude,” Jongin patted Sehun’s shoulder in a comforting manner, “You are talented. People would love you."

 

"Don't worry Sehun. You are talented. People would love you."

It was Sehun's sixth birthday and his father was throwing a grand party for him at their mansion. His parents had then requested for him to play Chopstick with the piano. At that time, he did not mind the people that surrounded him because after he played, he was sure that at least one would clap and his mother's smiling face was all he needed.

"I'm not nervous mom,” Sehun confessed, “But as long as you are there, I will be okay."

 

"And let's give a round of applause to Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun."

The booming voice echoed through the whole theater.  Suddenly, the curtains went up and the clapping audience replaced the noise from the mic. Sehun was, at a short time, blinded by the lights but soon, his eyes adjusted and the sight of Suzy welcomed him. She waved at them and smiled the brightest.

"Sehun-a, you will start," Jongin who was sitting on the piano, whispered, signaling him to start.  

Sehun’s daze was then halted as he raised his violin to his shoulder. He took a deep breath as he thought, Music, let me be immersed in you. 

The collaboration of Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun then serenaded the whole crowd and all could only give them stares of admiration as they played The River Flows in You.  When Sehun opened his eyes, the people were cheering and clapping for them.

"We should bow," Jongin whispered to him as he stood beside Sehun, "On the count of three."

Sehun nodded, "One... Two... Three."

They bowed and the claps grew louder but they know that someone's clap stood out from the rest of the audience and that clap was all they needed.

 

 

"That was really good. The guests love it. Thank you," Kris greeted them backstage.

Sehun smiled "No. Thank you for this opportunity. Thank you for letting us play."

Kris raised an eyebrow upon seeing his beam and he remarked, "So you could smile too."

"What do you mean by that?" Sehun asked back.

Kris shook his head and smiled back, "Nothing. I guess Suzy is a bles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter