The Secret

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well, Sehun-a, I am going to tell you a secret."

Little Sehun blinked his eyes and bit his lip in anticipation.

"Do you want to hear it?" little Jongin asked and Sehun nodded excitedly. Jongin beamed at him as he confessed, "I... I will never grow old."

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head in a questioning manner. He asked, "Is that even possible?"

Jongin smiled and nodded as he affirmed, "I will never have those wrinkles and saggy skin that your grandparents have."

“Really?”

“Really,” Jongin nodded, “I will be forever young."

Gullible as he was, Sehun's eyes widened and he exclaimed, "Amazing! But... how did you do it?"

"Someone cast a spell on me when I was young," Jongin boasted.

"Then, can I be forever young too?" Sehun asked.

Jongin shook his head, "I'm afraid not."

"Why?"

"Because I am special. My parents always tell me, I am special. "

"That's not fair,” Sehun’s lips formed a pout.

Jongin smiled but then it faded and sadness was evident in his eyes as he added, "But it's lonely. Because I am special, kids do not want to be friends with me."

"It’s okay. I'll be your friend," Sehun offered with a smile.

“Really?” Jongin’s eyes lit up in glee, "You won't leave my side no matter what? No matter how special I am?"

Sehun nodded and Jongin's grin became wider. Sehun then let out his pinky to convince Jongin, “I promise."

Then the two kids interlinked their pinkies – sealing the deal of together forever.

 

 

Jongin fluttered his eyes open and it took time for him to adjust his vision but soon, he found Sehun sleeping beside his bed and a beam immediately formed in Jongin’s lips as he thought, You have always kept your promise.

"Sehun-a,” Jongin shook his body, stirring the male awake.

Sehun huskily said, "Oh. You're awake."

But as soon as he recovered from his sleepiness, Sehun hit Jongin’s head and scolded him,  "You made me worried sick. I thought I would lose you."

But Jongin just chuckled at him, "Thank you for taking me to the infirmary."

"I already called your family doctor a while ago,” Sehun explained, “He went here and checked you up. Fortunately, he said that you are stable enough. Do you feel alright? Do you want to go to the hospital?"

"No. You know I hate hospital,” Jongin replied. He paused before asking, “But did they find out?"

Sehun shook his head, "The school nurse kept your secret. We told everyone that you fainted because of fatigue."

Jongin nodded slowly with a small beam. Suddenly, the infirmary's door slammed open and a panting Suzy came in. Her sports clothes were ragged and her hair was tied in a high bun and from the sweat that trickled down her forehead, the two could tell that she ran.

"Do you want me to leave the two of you alone?" Sehun whispered to Jongin.

Jongin nodded, "Thank you Sehun."

Sehun walked towards Suzy who just blankly stared at Jongin. He smiled at her as he stated,  "You need to approach him. I think he’s too tired to walk towards you.”

Suzy could only nod slowly and Sehun took a final glance at the two before closing the door. Jongin greeted Suzy with a smile but Suzy’s countenance was reigned by concern and fear. She sat beside him before asking, "Are you okay?"

"I am now," Jongin answered. Because you are here.

"Do you need anything?" Suzy asked as she stared at Jongin worriedly.

"Just stay here," Jongin replied and Suzy nodded. Silence engulfed the two as Jongin took every fiber of courage in him to ask her, “Suzy-ya. Do you want to know a secret?"

The sad smile on Jongin’s lips made Suzy both worried and confused but Jongin kept staring at the blanked that covered his lower body. He clenched his fists as he began to shake nervously. He started, “I knew music because my parents want me to do it since my body cannot afford to have strenuous activities."

Pain was evident in his words as he stated, “They said I cannot play baseball and I was not allowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter