The Alter Ego

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sehun."

"What?" Sehun asked as Suzy pouted.

Suzy then charmed him with a smile as she pleaded, "Help me."

Sehun inwardly smirked as he knew that Suzy would only do aegyo when she desperately wants something. Pretending to be picky, he asked in deadpan, "What is it now?"

"Our anniversary is coming," Suzy said happily.

So it has been a year since my heart has been broken.

Sehun beamed back, "You want to prepare something for Jongin?"

Suzy nodded her head, full of excitement, "I want to prepare a dinner date with my homecooked food."

"With your homecooked food?!" Sehun widened his eyes at her idea.

"That is why I'm asking for your help!” Suzy argued, “So that it'll be delicious."

"Hmmmm," Sehun hummed as he pretended to hesitate.

"Please," Suzy begged as repeatedly she shook his arm.

Sehun then looked at Suzy from the side and answered, "Okay."

She hugged him tightly as she exclaimed, "You really are the most wonderful friend!"

"Whatever," Sehun said as he lightly pushed Suzy away by pinching her cheeks.

"That's a promise!" Suzy beamed brightly and Sehun just returned the smile, not knowing that sadness filled his eyes.

So it has been a year. I guess, I have to move on too.

 

 

"Jongin has been weird this past few weeks," Suzy said out of the blue. The two were now shopping for the dishes that Suzy wanted to prepare on the dinner date.

Sehun also noticed Jongin’s strange behaviour but he still asked, "Really? How do you think so?"

"He practices skinship too openly and frequently,” Suzy frowned, “He's becoming too possessive, I think."

Sehun nodded and sighed as he remembered how Jongin would always claim lately that Suzy is her girlfriend by words or by actions, as if telling him to back-off.

"Sife-effects of growing up, maybe," he shrugged.

"More like side effects of his coming 20th birthday," Suzy stated gloomily.

"Don't worry,” Sehun tried to cheer her up, “Something bad won't happen to Jongin as long as we keep looking after him."

Suzy slowly shook her head, "But no matter how much you save a person, if he has given up on life then you could only do so much."

"What are you talking about?” Sehun asked.

"Jongin won't believe me,” Suzy began to explain, “He won't believe my encouragement and positive views anymore. He won't believe it like he did before. He always says that 'I'll die anyway' then just laugh it off."

Sehun looked at her with full of concern.

"And how can we keep looking after him if he is rarely with us nowadays?" Suzy sighed.

Sehun knew the reason why but he can't tell Suzy; he did not want to see her hurt. He silently hoped that Jongin would go back to his usual self, and not his alterego, Kai so that everything could be okay once more.

"Don't worry! Jongin would be frequently at home now if he'll know that you can finally cook!" Sehun attempted to lighten up the atmosphere.

Suzy then chuckled to Sehun's relief before she threw him a challenging look as she said, "You must teach me well Chef Sehun."

Sehun, then ruffed her hair, "Of course."

I would miss doing this but I'm afraid I can't let you go if I wouldn’t leave you now.

"Uwaaaaaaa," Suzy exclaimed as she and Sehun looked at the fruit of their labor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter