First Day of Snow

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a weekend and it was already a little past 10am but Jongin would always find waking up during weekends extremely difficult. It was like his body was programmed to cut some slack during weekends. However, when the aroma of pancakes filled his nose, he decided to proceed to the kitchen.

"My favorite!" Jongin exclaimed as he stretched his arms and approached Sehun who was preparing their breakfast.

"Go and prepare the dining table for three people," Sehun told him.

Jongin nodded at first but then asked, "Three people? Who is coming?"

"I'm planning to invite Suzy over."

"Why?"

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows as he found Jongin’s question odd. He shrugged, "Nothing. To thank her? Besides, it's weird. She's our neighbor and friend but she never went to our house."

"Just that?" Jongin asked again as he stared at Sehun.

Sehun squinted at Jongin, "Yes. Why?"

Jongin was expecting to hear a different reason – a reason that he also did not want to hear from Sehun. Mumbling, he replied, "Nothing. B-b-because... in the current state of our apartment..."

"It's okay. I cleaned the dining table. That's enough," Sehun convinced himself but there was a frown on his lips. Suddenly, he blurted, "Ah! We're out of eggs. Go buy some.”

"Why me?" Jongin complained, "I'm still sleepy."

"Because there are only the two of us here,” Sehun glared at him, “And I’m cooking.”

"Aish," Jongin muttered a curse beneath his breath. He then, brushed his teeth and washed his face before going out but not long after, he came back.

"Eggs. I told you to buy eggs," Sehun said as he flipped a pancake, not bothering to look at Jongin.

Jongin shook his head, "No. Not that. It’s Suzy."

“What’s with Suzy?” Sehun stopped.

“She’s gone.”

Sehun then quickly went out with his apron on. Beside their apartment, the small room that Suzy called home, was open and empty.

 

 

Sehun let out a frustrated sigh as he noticed that the pancake he was cooking was now burning. He quickly turned off the stove and put the burnt pan on the sink. He glanced at the other male and scolded him, "Yah! Stop circling around! You're making me dizzy!"

Jongin was biting his nails in anxiety, "What would we do?"

"First things first. Don’t panic," Sehun told himself and Jongin. "Try calling her."

Jongin then got his phone and dialed Suzy's number but after a few minutes, he shook his head, saying, "Not attended."

Sehun breathed heavily, "Call Kris."

"Not attended too," Jongin said after a while. Then, he widened his eyes, "What if they eloped together?"

"This is not the time for jokes, Kim Jongin," Sehun glared at him. He then, took off his apron and quickly brushed his hair before walking towards their door.

"Where are you going?!"

"I'm going to ask the landlady," Sehun answered without looking back.

"Yah! Wait for me. I'm coming!"

The two proceeded to the landlady’s abode and they both tried to keep their calm before Sehun knocked on the door. An old woman then welcomed them with a smile, "Oh. Sehun, Jongin. Is there something I could do for you?"

"Actually, yes. The room beside ours, why is it empty?" Sehun asked without missing a beat

Mrs. Song's smile faded and was replaced by sadness, "I'm sorry. There was nothing I could do. I am only a caretaker, not an owner of this apartment."

"W-What happened?' Jongin asked nervously.

"That. Suzy was not able to pay her rent for three months. The policy is that after two months of not paying, one should leave out of the apartment,” Mrs. Song looked at the ground as guilt and sadness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter