Everyone's Friend

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three of them were walking towards school and Sehun was bothered not by the silence but by the thick air that surrounded the two. They were in the middle of walking when Jongin informed them, “I will be going first. I still need to do something for the decorations.”

Sehun let Jongin go with a simple nod of affirmation and as soon as the male walked away, Sehun then he shifted his gaze towards Suzy but even before he could ask a question, Suzy spoke.

"Sehun-a, who was playing the piano last night?" she asked.

“That was Jongin," Sehun answered.

Suzy nodded, "I thought so. It was not you."

"Why?"

"It has a different feeling," Suzy replied while looking on the ground, "It feels…  empty."

 

 

A seven-year old Sehun heard a piano playing in a nearby room as he wandered around before the music competition would start.  He peeked at the door and saw a boy about his age, playing the piano with precise skills.

He is gifted, Sehun thought with mouth gaped.

Suddenly, the door swung open, making the boy and Sehun stunned. Little Sehun stammered, "O-o-oh. I-I’m sorry. I-I-I was just wondering where the sound came from.”

The boy beamed before asking, "Do you play piano too?"

Sehun slowly nodded, "Yes. My mom used to play piano so I know little."

The boy then motioned Sehun to come and sit beside him as he said, "Let's play."

"But my father forbids me to play piano again,” Sehun pouted.

"But your father is not here,” the boy chuckled, “He won't know. I promise."

Sehun was still hesitant but the boy spoke again with a wide grin, "You won't have fun if you always worry!"

Once more, the boy called onto him, "Come!"

Slowly, Sehun approached the boy and sat beside him.  The boy then beamed before he requested, "Play for me please.”

 As his fingers grazed upon the piano tiles, Sehun’s heart boomed against his chest as if seeing a love once lost. With closed eyes, he started playing and before he knew it, he was immersed in the music he created. As the final note rang in the air, he opened his eyes and the boy just smiled at him.

"You're good," the boy commented.

"No,” Sehun shyly answered, “You're honestly better."

The boy shook his head and argued, "You have something that I don't have when I play. Emotions."

The seven-year old Sehun just tilted his head and the boy chuckled at his reaction.

"I'm Kim Jongin. What's your name?"

"My name is Oh Sehun."

"Well, Sehun-a, I am going to tell you a secret."

 

 

The classes were dismissed already and the students were gone, once again leaving all the work to the three of them. Sehun usually preferred silence but the silence between the three of them was unbearable and uncomfortable.

For how long will this last? Sehun thought – pertaining to both working with few people and working with few people who were having a silent war.

Jongin, suddenly stood up as he said, "I'll just get tape from my locker."

Once he was gone, Suzy sighed and Sehun took the opportunity to ask her, “What happened?"

Suzy looked at him at first but Sehun then added, "You know what I am talking about."

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter