Changes

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only silence was between Suzy and Sehun as they found no words to say – or worse, no courage to say the words that they heart would have chosen for them. However, Sehun broke the silence as he prepared himself for the worst case scenario and asked, “What was your answer?"

“I didn't give him one,” Suzy shook his head, “I told him that I'll think about it."

Relief washed over Sehun but soon, it was replaced by guilt for even feeling relief in the first place.

His daze was halted when Suzy asked him, "What do you think? Should I say yes?”

No. Don't say yes. Don't be his girlfriend – these thoughts echoed in Sehun's head. These thoughts wanted to get their way out and be transformed into spoken words, but they found no voice brave enough to give them life. Instead, Sehun followed his first principle in life.

Loved ones comes first.

"I will support the two of you," Sehun despite the lump that was forming in his throat. He forced a smile as he added, "Some friendships end up as beautiful love stories.”

Sehun grinned wider and his heart felt tighter when he finished, “I think you two would make a great couple."

For a while, the two merely stared back at each other. They were at the bridge that witnessed the beginning of their friendship and the ending of a love story that was yet about to unfold. The wind then gently blew but it could not give comfort to the person who broke his own heart.

"Come on. We will be late," Sehun told her as he averted his gaze.

He started walking faster in order for Suzy to not see that he was hurting. He clenched his chest and blinked a few times, hoping that it would ease the pain.

 

 

"Where's Suzy?" Jongin asked Sehun who sat alone on the table.

"She just finished eating and she said that she wants to go to her usual spot," Sehun answered before continuing his lunch.

"Ohhh. That tree," Jongin nodded. There was silence between them at first before Jongin broke it by saying, "You know, Sehun. The two of you would always wait for me beneath that tree right?"

"So?"

"I thought the two of you looked good together,” Jongin confessed, “You look like you were meant for each other."

"What are you talking about? Why are you suddenly saying this?" Sehun dropped his utensils as he looked at Jongin.

"Then, I saw her the other day," Jongin continued, not bothering to answer Sehun's questions, “She was alone beneath that tree and I decided. I want to be the one who will be by her side. I want to be the one who is meant for her and I want her to be meant for me. I realized that I do not want her to be with any other man than me."

Sehun broke the eye-contact between them as Jongin’s gaze pierced through him. He whispered, "Suzy already told me that you confessed." 

"Then what can you say about it? Would it be okay for you if we'll be a couple?" Jongin tried to read Sehun’s expression.

Sehun managed to force a smile once more as he answered, "More than me, I think you and Suzy beneath that tree would look the best."

"That's your final answer?” Jongin weighed Sehun, “You won't change it no matter what?"

"Of course. I would be the happiest person if I know that two of my friends end up together," Sehun’s voice broke at the last syllable. However, Sehun continued convincing Jongin, and perhaps, himself as well, as he added, “I know the both of you well and I believe that you will be perfect for each other."

Jongin stared at him seriously while Sehun kept the smile that he used to mask the pain inside him.

Jongin’s lips then broke into a grin as he told Sehun, "Remember that I asked for your permission, and you said yes. There's no turning back!"

Sehun's eyes followed him Jongin’s figure as the latter walked away. As he slowly disappeared, Sehun whispered, "Why bother asking for permission? Suzy is not mine to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter