Girl at the Bridge

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stirred awake when he heard a few knocks. He groaned as he said to himself,  “Aish. Disturbance.”

He grunted as he got up. He sleepily walked to the door and opened it but his irritation quickly flew away when a familiar face welcomed his sight.

"I'm home," she said as she gave him a sincere smile.

I wouldn't mind waking up from dreams if the reality is filled up with your smiles.

Sehun smiled back as he replied, "Welcome home."

 

 

Sehun was walking towards his apartment, taking his usual route. He was alone but he didn't mind it because he prefers isolation than being around people for he enjoyed the peace that came with solitude. However, a figure caught his eyes as he walked towards the bridge.

I never saw this girl before, Sehun thought.

He was sure that the girl did not fit the picture of the bridge he had walked on for years. He shrugged the thought and decided to just ignore the female. However, the girl who was just by the bridge, suddenly started to climb on the railings.

Sehun widened his eyes as he asked himself, Is this suicide?

He was supposed to not care. He did not want to meddle in other people's business anyway. However, when the girl started spreading her arms, Sehun started to run towards her with worry filling him.

I can't just let people die, he thought.

"Wait!" he shouted. The girl opened her eyes and looked at him; Sehun was panting when he arrived near her. He huffed, "Please don't do this."

The girl looked at him with confusion at first but then she smiled as she replied, "But I really want to do this. I don't have anything else to do anyway."

Sehun did not find the words to encourage the girl to continue to live because he himself, had lost faith in life. He started to think hard. He has to find his reason to live so that he could tell the girl that there's more to life than suicide. As he was lost for words, the girl averted her gaze back towards the waters down the bridge. She then, closed her eyes again and started to spread her arms wide.

Because I am someone else's reason to live, Sehun thought.

Wasting no time, he hurled her down the barrier. He removed his hands from the girl’s waist as he seriously stated, "You should stop doing this.”

The girl tilted her head and asked, "Doing what?"

When Sehun was about to answer her question, the girl chuckled before asking, "You thought I'm suicidal, didn’t you?"

The girl laughed harder and started clapping her hands in glee. Sehun could just gazed at her blankly and the female stopped laughing at him when she realized that Sehun was not enjoying the moment. She coughed before she explained, "I was just feeling the wind. Didn't you try this before? It feels like flying."

She flapped her arms but all Sehun could do was stare at her and soon, the stare became a cold glare. He let out a loud sigh followed by a scoff before he started to walk away.

"Goodbye!" Sehun heard the girl exclaim but he did not bother looking back.

He hated that incident for the girl made a fool out of him. He should’ve listened to his instinct and st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter