Last Night

Don't Forget About Me

bold letters = English


Aeri opened her eyes and she saw her Hello Kitty pillow beside her. She shifted her position and felt relieved to know that she is in her own room, but her head aches so bad. She groaned as she touched her forehead.

"Argh. Did I drink a lot last night?" Aeri said to herself. She stood up slowly and went outside her room going to the kitchen.

"Good morning, little missy!" Matt gave her a bright smile as he drinks coffee in the kitchen table. He seems to be heading to work already because he is in a suit complete with a tie.

"Hi." Aeri weakly responded.

"Having a headache?" He did not wait for her to answer, and took some medicine from the kitchen drawer and handed it to Aeri with a glass of water.

"Thanks." Aeri took the medicine immediately and sat on one of the chairs. "What happened last night?" Aeri asked him.

Matt raised an eyebrow as he went back on his seat to continue finishing his coffee. "You don't remember?" He told her with disbelief.

She pouted. "I don't."

"You don't remember calling me to pick you up in Itaewon?" Matt said, as if giving bits of memories of what happened last night.

"Then?"

"I found you in a waiting shed near the LUV Superlounge, so drunk and cold."

"Oh." She finally remembered what she did last night.

She controlled her tears from falling but she gave up. They rolled down on her cheeks but suddenly felt Eli's hands wiping them away. She looked at him in the eyes as he reached for her lips. He hugged her as he gave her a kiss.

Aeri was shocked at Eli's actions, not expecting for this to happen. She tried pushing Eli away but he tightened his hug more. She struggled from his embrace until he broke the kiss.

"E-Ellison." She stuttered.

"I love you, Ri." Eli kissed her again but she pushed him away. This time, giving more force that she was able to escape his hug. Eli gave her a confused look. "What's wrong, Ri?"

"I'm sorry. I-I don't feel the same way towards you."

"W-What? How? But...but you promised to marry me..." Eli told her.

"It's just a childhood promise, Ellison."

He leaned in again closer to her and forced a kiss on her. "You're mine, Aeri. Just mine."

She tried to push him away again. "Please, Ellison. Let go of me."

As Eli broke the kiss to breathe some air, Aeri suddenly punched him in the face, making him groan in pain and letting her free.

"You're not going anywhere, Ri. You're already drunk!" Eli warned her but she ran towards the club's exit and looked for a place to go. She took her phone and dialed Matt's number.

"Aeri?" Matt answered.

"Matt, can you pick me up here in Itaewon? I'm near LUV Superlounge. Just tell our driver that it is in 116-15 Itaewon-dong. Please hurry up."

"O-Okay. We'll be there immediately."

 

"Ri, I'll be going to work now. I still have to meet our publisher and distributor for Block B's next mini album." Matt patted her head. "I don't think you can go to work today in that state. Just rest, okay?"

Aeri nodded and smiled.

"Should I tell Jiho to just come here after their practice? He would probably look for you. As always." He laughed thinking about the times that Zico nagged him when he was looking for Aeri.

Aeri's smile suddenly disappeared at the mention of Zico's name. "There's no need for that." She told him. He won't look for me anymore. She added in her thoughts.

"Or you can just call him. That way, he won't need to disturb me with work to ask for you." Matt smiled, without knowing about Zico and Aeri's break-up and ruffled her hair. "Bye, Ri."

"Bye." Aeri forced a smile even though her heart is breaking because of Zico.

Matt was about to go when Aeri called him.

"Matt, wait."

"Hmm?" Matt turned around to face Aeri again.

"Where's my sister?" Aeri asked.

"She went out earlier with Taehyun hyung."

"My sister woke up that early?!" Aeri couldn't believe what Matt had just said. "And, she didn't even check up on her poor little sister?"

Matt chuckled. "She checked on you though you were really sound asleep earlier. I think Ran noona and Taehyun hyung are planning something." He smiled on the last part.

"Huh?"

"You will know it eventually." He winked at her. "Bye, Ri!"

"Bye, Matt!"

 

Aeri sighed as she switched channels on the television.

"There's nothing to do here." She slumped on the couch and closed her eyes. Suddenly, everything that happened yesterday goes back to her mind. From her breakfast with Zico, to their break-up, and to Eli's aggressive confession. When she opened her eyes, tears roll down as she remembered how Zico left her.

I never felt the same way towards another guy before. Even to Matt. I love Jiho the most. I still do. But it also hurts the most. It's so short but I know that my feelings for him will never be replaced by anyone else. Ellison should have never come back. I'm regretting everything now.

She continued crying before she heard her phone ring.