Bits of Memory

Don't Forget About Me

"Where are we?" Aeri asked Zico as he opened the passenger door for her. However, he did not answer and just smiled at her. Aeri got off the car and walked towards the vast grassland. Zico followed behind her putting his hands in his pockets.

"We often go here." He said.

Aeri continued walking but Zico stopped her before she reach the grassier part. She looked back at him and scrunched her eyebrows.

"You can't walk there in those." He pointed at her feet. Aeri saw that she is wearing high heels and they might get stuck in soil.

"Oh." Aeri bit her lip and smiled awkwardly at Zico.

"Just like the old times." Zico smirked as he carried her bridal style and ran to the grassland.

"Yah! Please put me down!" Aeri begged as she held onto him tightly.

Zico just laughed as he gently placed Aeri on the ground before sitting beside her. "Ah~! I miss this, jagiya~"

"Do we always go here?" She asked.

He nodded as he stared ahead. "This is such a peaceful place and we shared a lot of memories here."

"Are we still in Seoul?"

"Yeah. Near the boundary of the city." Zico answered.

Silence came after as the two admired the vast grassland and smelled the fresh air. Aeri was the one to start again another conversation.

"Jiho..."

"Hmm?" He turned to his side to look at her.

"Are you really...my husband?" She shyly asked.

Zico gave her a sweet and sincere smile as an answer, but Aeri raised an eyebrow.

"Is that a proper answer? It feels like I'm just being fooled. Besides, I'm too young to even marry." Aeri crossed her arms above her chest.

He showed her his left hand. "Look at this."

Aeri saw that he is wearing a silver ring that actually looks like a wedding ring.

"It's my wedding ring." He took it off and handed it to her. Aeri just stared at it. "Look at the inner part. Our names our engraved on it."

Aeri looked closer and there she saw 'Woo Jiho - Kim Aeri until eternity' making her gulp. "Where's mine?" She mumbled, but Zico was still able to hear it.

"It's in our apartment. Do you want to get it?" He looked at her waiting for a positive response from Aeri.

"No, it's fine. I want to remember everything first." She gave back his ring and finally looked at his eyes. "I'm sorry, but I don't want to rush things. I hope you will understand."

Zico made a small chuckle. "Don't mind about that. I'll be willing to help you regain back all your memories." He smiled at her before looking away, making Aeri focus on his side profile.

She admired how he looks so perfect as the sun's rays complemented his fair skin, giving emphasis to those pink plum lips he has as well as those slitted eyes with a hint of eyeliner. Zico felt that she is staring at him so he turned back only to be met by a blushing Aeri. He smiled sweetly before leaning closer to her and closing his eyes. However, before he was able to kiss her, she shifted her head to the other direction stopping what could have happened. She blushed more at this and bit her lip again.

"I-I... I can't. I'm...sorry." Aeri stuttered.

"It's fine." Zico assured her. "Maybe we should go back to the office. Matthew would definitely kill me now." He tried to laugh to make the situation less awkward. "Let's go." He stood up and offered a hand to Aeri helping her get up. As their hands touch, Aeri felt an unusual feeling making her blush again. She was about to pull away her hand when Zico tightly grabbed it and pulled her up closer to him. Then, he crouched down a little offering Aeri a piggy-back ride. "I think you would want a piggy-back rather than me carrying you on bridal style." He smirked at his own remark.

Aeri wrapped her arms around Zico's neck as he carried her on his back. She can smell his hair and she liked it. She liked the way they are so close to each other. She liked how he carried her and held her tightly. She is now starting to like everything about him even if they were just together for a few hours.

 

While driving, Zico the music player. "Do you mind?" He asked Aeri.

She nodded her head and smiled. "It's fine."

Block B songs started to play and Zico bobbed his head along the music. He seems to be enjoying the songs he produced but he suddenly stopped when he heard Aeri singing along quietly to the song.

Will you be my baby, baby, baby?
Beautiful my love, love, love

No one else but you-hoo-hoo~ my boo~
Baby, can you hear me? It’s my heart that calling you

I hope you can hear me, hear me, hear me
Beautiful my love, love, love
No one else but you-hoo-hoo, baby boo
Baby, everyday and every night, I think of you~

"You remember this song?" He asked her.

His question made Aeri look at him after staring at the window. "Huh?"

"You were singing along to it." He smiled.

"Am I?" She asked confused.

He nodded. "I heard you."

"Really? How can I? I don't know any Korean song except for Happy Birthday and Three Little Bears."

"But I really heard you." Aeri blinked as Zico turned the volume up. "Can you listen to this again?" He replayed the "U Hoo Hoo" song as Aeri scrunched up his eyebrows.

Oh, when you aren’t with me, girl
I think of all the things you cook and how they make me smile
With you, I feel like I’m in love
But I can’t say all these words out loud

The lyrics came perfectly from Aeri's lips making both of them look surprised.

"It's actually just my first time hearing that song but something in my mind says I know it by heart." Aeri told Zico.

He smiled. "Maybe it's your past self remembering this song. It's one of your favorite songs, and I'm the one who produced it. One of Block B's songs." He explained.

"Hmm..." An idea came to her mind. "Can you play other songs that you know I'm familiar with back then?"

"Sure." Zico pressed next and another Block B song came up---Synchronization 100%. He went along the first part.

The way you walk and talk are like her's.
yawning all the time, it's crazy.
Everything is the same a montage from head to toe
Oh my boo.

Then, Aeri sang along to the next lines.

You have so many similarities with the girl who hurt me so painfully
Whenever I see you, I doubt my own eyes
But strangely, I'm attracted to you more because of it
What do I do?
 
Zico took over his rap part after.
 
No wonder you seemed familiar when we first met
Your body facial features, and unexpectedly, simple minded
The fact that half of your recent calls were with guys
And your daring move of pushing me to the corner when we kiss
Inside and outside, all similar, like a carbon copy
The inside of my chaotic mind is a mess
Scared that the break up process might be the same
(Should I just quit?) But my mind won't change
 
Aeri followed up without any difficulty.
 
How can it be this identical?
How can it be this identical?
The more and more and more I spend time with you,
The more and more similar you are to her.
I don't want to miss the love that I have found again, ya, ya
 
Then both of them sang along.
 
I'll try it. I will trust you.
 
Aeri, then, pressed the next button and her face lit up hearing the first lines of the song.
 
I’ll tell you so romantically
Everything will work out if you are like me
Just lean on me closing your eyes
I see you in my dream every night eh

We had known each other for some years
You had nothing to do with me eh
Why do you appear in my dream again and again?
I now want you so much eh eh

The childish love song written on a diary
I thought you were being weird hey
Baby my mind is hot
I want to know you more

She looked at Zico who is also in a state of shock.

"You know it, Ri!" 

"Y-Yeah. I didn't know that I know too well those songs. Are those Block B songs?"

Zico nodded and grinned widely.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" She asked while punching his arm gently.

"You are remembering my songs. Nice!" He chuckled.

"Hmm... Is it okay if I continue doing this?" Aeri said as she pointed to the next button.

"Sure. As long as it will help you remember what you've lost."

A song played and Zico's rapping voice came. She scrunched her eyebrows as she thought that she doesn't know the song but seems very familiar to her.

"Don't go to the next song. Let me have that." Zico smirked as he started to rap along his own song. It's actually my song for you, Aeri. He thought.

I don’t pale in comparison to anyone
I don’t get drawn in by just any woman either
My judgment has always been right since I was young, never wrong
But where did that cold, passionless person go?
I’ve lost my ground and I’m going out of bounds
My heart feels so out of it
With what gaze do I have to see myself?
As someone that’s timid, it was easy for me to control my emotions
But now it’s so easy for me to bare my emotions
This can be considered a new challenge for me
The dreariness of society has been stolen away
I don’t even have insomnia, I can sleep now
Ever since I met you, darkness has passed
I think I’ve got rose-colored glasses on.

The world was flying away
I hated it every day anyway
But ever since I’ve met you
I’ve got rose-colored glasses on
and everything looks great
I was always negative towards everything
and always just wanted an escape
But ever since I’ve met you
I’ve got rose-colored glasses on
and everything looks great

The pressures of school and the responsibilities of my future
I felt so frustrated with myself, as if my head would explode
All of this feels like yesterday though, I’m different today
I can feel the difference between happiness and sorrow
I can laugh now, and I even feel shy
I always cringed and left a cold impression 
But now I’ve forgotten how to cry
With rose-colored glasses on, there’s a smile on my lips
As if I’ve placed the last piece of a puzzle
As if I’ve solved a complex problem
I finally feel as if I’ve achieved something in life

The world was flying away
I hated it every day anyway
But ever since I’ve met you
I’ve got rose-colored glasses on
and everything looks great
I was always negative towards everything
and always just wanted an escape
But ever since I’ve met you
I’ve got rose-colored glasses on
and everything looks great.