Happy Birthday!

Don't Forget About Me

bold letters = English


"Yah! Woo Jiho!!! Wake uuuup!" Kyung shook Zico's body to wake him up.

"Hmm..." Zico rolled on the bed and covered his face with a pillow.

"We're going to be late for the press conference in Singapore!" Kyung tried to pull the pillow on Zico's face but Zico is holding it very tightly.

"Five minutes." Zico mumbled.

"No more five minutes, Woo Jiho! You need to wake up!" Kyung topped over Zico and wiggled his body. "Wake up, Ziaahcooooo!"

Zico pushed the pillow away and glared at Kyung. "Get off me, Kyung-ah!!!" He tried pushing Kyung as well but Kyung held onto him.

"Wake up and take a shower now, okay?" Kyung waited for Zico's nod before getting off of his friend.

Zico groaned as Kyung stood up and crossed his arms while looking at him. "Stand up, Woo Jiho! And go take a shower NOW!"

"Aish!" Zico stood up also and lazily went towards the bathroom in his hotel room that he is sharing with Kyung. He did not take too long to shower and put on a white shirt and jeans after. He did not see Kyung inside their room so he went back to his bed with his iPad. "He's probably in the other members' rooms." He rolled his eyes and his iPad. Aeri's photo greeted him. He smiled as he saw her face on his iPad. "Happy birthday, my love." He stared at her picture with loving eyes, but sadness can still be traced through them. " I wonder what you are doing right now?" He touched his iPad's screen like how he would touch Aeri's face. "I miss you. I still regret breaking up with you." A tear rolled down on his cheek.

"Jiho-yah~ Are you crying?" Kyung grinned as he went closer to Zico. The latter did not hear him go inside the room because he is too preoccupied with thoughts about Aeri.

"N-No. I'm not." Zico shook his head as he wiped his cheek.

"I saw you! You're crying!!!" Kyung took his iPad from him and looked at the screen. "Oh~ It's Aeri."

"Give it back to me!" Zico tackled Kyung on the bed and hovered on top of him. He took his iPad from him and stood up.

"You're still deeply in love with her, right? Why don't you get back with her?" Kyung became serious this time.

"I c-can't." Zico turned his eyes away from Kyung.

Kyung sat on the bed and crossed his legs. "Why not? Will you just let another man take her away from you? Go, make a move until it's not too late."

Zico tried to ignore him and walked out of the room.

 

"Aeri, do you want to go out for breakfast?" Aeran asked her sister who just finished taking a bath.

Aeri nodded and smiled. "Sure. I haven't been able to be with my sister these days because she is always with her boyfriend."

Aeran chuckled. "Aww.. Is my baby sister jealous?"

"Yep. I am." The younger one opened her closet and took out a simple dress. "Are we going out with Matt?"

Aeran shook her head. "No. Just the two of us. No Matt, or even Taehyun." She smiled at her sister.

"That's great!" Aeri chuckled. "At least I can have this time with my favorite sister."

I guess she doesn't even know the date today. She completely forgot that today is her birthday. Aeran thought.

They went to a restaurant near their place and shared some talks while eating breakfast.

"So how's the baby?" Aeran asked.

Aeri looked down and touched her tummy. "Good."

"What are your plans for the baby?"

Aeri thought for a while. "I will raise the kid by myself. I don't want to be a burden to someone else. Well... I asked Matt for help, but I realized that I'm just burdening him with a responsibility that is not his."

Aeran just nodded. Her phone's screen lit up, signaling that she received a message.

Ran, your parents just arrived here in the airport. We're heading to your apartment already. Please distract Aeri a little more. I will text you again when everything is ready. - T

"Who's that?" Aeri curiously asked.

"Just Taehyun saying good morning." Aeran shrugged.

The two sisters spent the next hour going to the nearby shopping center. They went inside different stores looking for anything that interests them. The last one they checked is the Hello Kitty concept store.

"I did not know that there is a Hello Kitty store near us!" Aeri said excitedly.

"So what now? You will buy all the stuff in here to satisfy your madness for Hello Kitty?" Aeran raised an eyebrow.

"I can buy my baby's stuff here!" Aeri smiled.

Aeran checked a cute Hello Kitty pillow. "What if your baby is a boy? You can't buy him Hello Kitty supplies."

"I know guys who love Hello Kitty." Aeri noted. In fact, my baby's father is head over heels with his 'kitty-sooni'.

"That's so gay." Aeran put back the pillow on display and looked at Aeri with a disgusted face.

"That's also saying that Zico is gay." Aeri rolled her eyes.

Oh no! I didn't mean to make her remember about Zico. Aeran scolded herself in her mind. But a message from Taehyun made her let out a sigh of relief.

Everything is ready! Bring Aeri here now ;) - T

"Ri, do you want to go home now?" Aeran asked her sister.

"Hmm... Okay. But I really want to buy this Hello Kitty shirt first." Aeri took a shirt from one of the racks and checked the size.

"But you have a lot already." Aeran told her.

However, Aeri went to the cashier ignoring Aeran. The older one followed her, and when Aeri was about to pay for it, Aeran handed the cashier her credit card. 

"Don't worry about it. I'll pay for it." Aeran smiled at her sister. Take it as a birthday gift.

"Wow! Thanks!" Aeri beamed and then looked at Aeran suspiciously. "Why are you so generous all of a sudden? You even treat me to breakfast earlier."

"I am always generous." Aeran just shrugged it off and took her card back from the cashier.

After that, the two of them went back to their apartment. Aeri noticed a brand new Mercedes-Benz parked outside.

"Seems like a very rich neighbor bought a new car." Aeri told Aeran. "I wonder when will I be able to buy one for myself. I miss driving."

Aeran just smiled. They went inside and rode the elevator to their floor. When they reached the apartment unit's door, Aeri pushed the buttons of the lock's code and opened it.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Confetti and balloons greeted her as soon as she stepped inside. 

She turned to Aeran. "So this is the reason why you're extra good to me today."

"That's the first thing you're going to say?" Aeran said as she pointed to their parents.

Aeri looked at the direction and was shocked to see their parents there. "Oh. Mom! Dad!" She ran to them and gave them a hug. "Thank you for going here!"

"Because we already missed our princesses." Her mother told her and waved at Aeran to come to them. The four of them shared a hug. After that, Matt and Taehyun led them to the dining area for a lunch party. The table is full of different kinds of food that looks delicious. They spent the afternoon eating a lot while sharing stories.

"Okay! Time for the presents!" Matt clapped to get everyone's attention.

Aeri looked at Matt. "You really don't have to give me presents. It's enough that I spend this day with the people I love and care for." She smiled. Although deep in her heart, she is wishing that Zico is here celebrating with them.

"But we already bought them for you!" Taehyun said and took a big purple box from the kitchen counter. "Here's mine." He handed the box to her.

"Open it! Open it!" Aeran said excitedly.

"You're more excited than the birthday girl!" Her father said.

Aeri opened the box and her jaw dropped as she saw what is inside. "Oppa... this is so expensive. And I already have a camera." She took out the new DSLR camera and stared at it with awe.

"It's the latest one. I want you to continue your hobby as a photographer even though you are already a CEO." Taehyun smiled. "And photography is also the reason why we met."

"Thank you! A lot!!!" Aeri grinned widely as she examined her new camera.

"Okay, Taehyun hyung. That made my gift look too cheap." Matt said as he took out a rather small pink box. He handed it to Aeri and told her to open it as well. It is a simple necklace with a little star pendant. "It's your favorite shape." He smiled.

"Matt, you should have given her a ring instead, and go get married." Aeri's father joked.

Matt chuckled as he held the necklace and put it around Aeri's neck. He whispered to her, "You will always be my star no matter what happens."

"Thank you." Aeri hugged Matt and smiled.

"I really think you two should get married soon." Mr. Kim chuckled. "Matt, I'm already giving you my daughter's hand."

"Daaaad..." Aeri glared at her father as she broke the hug with Matt.

"I'm serious. Matt is the perfect husband for you. It would be a disappointment for me if you will not end up together."

Matt and Aeri just looked at each other after they heard what her father said. Aeran noticed it and tried to change the topic.

"Okay! It's my turn to give my gift!" Aeran said.

"Isn't the Hello Kitty shirt your gift to me already?" Aeri asked.

"Of course, not!" Aeran handed her sister three shopping bags. "I think you really need that since I don't like seeing KCS Entertainment's owner in jeans and a shirt when going to work."

"But that's a personal choice. I'm more comfortable with that." Aeri still took the shopping bags and realized that they are all shoes, dresses and blazers. "And...what do you mean owner? I only manage KCS Entertainment."

"Because KCS Entertainment is my birthday gift to you, my princess." Her father smiled at her.

"W-What?" Aeri was shocked.

"I'm giving the entertainment company to you, Aeri. That means it won't be part of the KCS Group anymore but will be your very own from now on. We already arranged the documents, and you can change the name to whatever you want. Maybe, name it after yourself." Mr. Kim smiled. "That means you can do whatever you want. No more Board of Directors to report to."

"But why?"

"Because I believe in you and I know you deserve it." Mr. Kim added, "But you need to know that you will still be the heiress of my KCS Group, since your sister doesn't want to involve herself in business matters. That's also the reason why I want you to be with Matt rather than some any other guy out there. I trust Matt, in business, in taking care of my daughter, in loving my princess."

Aeri gulped thinking about the baby in her womb. I don't know how will my parents accept my baby. And worse, it's not Matt's.

"And being a company owner won't be complete without a car!" Her mother added. "So here's my gift to you." She handed her a car key.

"It's the Mercedes-Benz parked outside!!!" Aeran happily told her sister.

Aeri's jaw dropped again. "Seriously, what have I done this year to make me deserve these luxurious presents?"

"Because you did great in handling KCS Entertainment." Her father proudly told her.

"And you have been through a lot, Aeri." Taehyun whispered to her. "You deserve all the good things in life."