Hello, Kim Aeri!

Don't Forget About Me

bold letters = English


"Are you really leaving tomorrow?" Nate, sitting on the bed, asked Ara while she packs her luggage.

She nodded in his direction. "I have to."

Nate continued watching Ara as she searched around her room for all her things. He raised an eyebrow as she took two pill boxes and threw it in her bag.

"I don't think they will allow you to board the plane with those." He took the two small containers and placed it on her bedside table.

"But I need that." She pouted and reached for the pill boxes but was pulled down on the bed.

"You don't." He wrapped his arms around her and made her sit on his lap. "You will be fine without those."

"I won't." Ara argued.

Nate chuckled. "Said so by a medical student. You know better, Ara. Don't waste your life taking drugs. You know that I really don't want you abusing it." He tried to reach for her lips but she pulled away.

"That's the only thing that makes me remember pieces of my memories." She frowned as the glimpse of the guy in her dreams came again to her thoughts.

He circled his thumb on her cheeks and smiled sweetly. "Didn't you say that you're already going back to Korea to see your family? I guess you don't have to take pills when you will have them to make you remember everything." He is smiling on the outside but it can be seen in his eyes that there is sadness in him with Ara's departure.

"Hmm..." Ara hummed as she embraced Nate.

"I will miss you, Ara." He told her as he gave her a kiss. She responded this time making it more passionate. The room started to get heated but Nate pulled away all of a sudden. He stared at Ara for a short time before walking away and leaving her alone.

"Nate! Wait. Did I do something wrong? Nate!!!" She tried calling him back and followed him outside but he already drove away with his car. She stood on the sidewalk as she watched Nate's car disappear on the road. Tears started to fall as she realized that it will be the last time she will see Nate before flying to Korea. She went back to her room and slumped back on her bed reaching for her pills. She took as many as she can and let the drugs work, temporarily making her numb to escape her emotional suffering.

"I'm sorry, Ara. I'm really sorry." Nate continued driving without directions as he thinks about how he left Ara. "I'm sorry.This will make it easier for me to let you go. What if you left a boyfriend in Korea and go back to him when you remember everything? I can't take it. I'm such a coward. But I'll promise to be a better man.

 

"Aeri..." Ara heard someone calling her real name. "Aeri-yah... I missed you." The voice sounds familiar to her but she can't place where she heard that.

"Aeri-yah..." She turned around but everything is dark. "Please tell me."

"Let's be a happy family, Aeri-yah~" It was him again. "I want a baby boy."

There was silence. She tried to open and search for the one who is calling her but she heard him again. "I...I like...you. I like you, Aeri."

"Jiho." She heard another voice coming from another direction. Her voice.

Then, she felt a warm feeling. Warmer than the feeling when Nate hugs her. "I've always wanted to hug you like this." After a while, everything became cold. She looked around her but everything is still black. She continued walking until she saw a light and followed it. Then, the guy in her dreams appeared again, not facing her as usual.

"It hurts, Aeri. I can't take it anymore. It really hurts. Let's cut this off now before it's too late and gets worse." He told her as he slowly walks away from her.

"Wait!" She was finally able to speak. "Are you Woo Jiho?" She tried to chase him but he walks too fast. She's now running but still couldn't reach him. "Wait, Jiho! Don't leave me!!!"

He continued walking away until he stopped in front of six other guys. Ara couldn't move her feet now. She just watched the shadow of the seven of them laughing and goofing around. She couldn't see their faces, but they are all wearing hoodies with a small 'b' embedded at the back, except for the Jiho guy who is just in a white shirt with a 'Z' on it. Then, he nodded at everyone before they walk away from her.

"Wait for me!!!" She tried to move but she couldn't. "Jiho!!! Wait. Don't leave me here!!!"

"Fishcakes!" She heard her own voice that made her turn around in the opposite direction, but saw nothing. She looked back to where Jiho and the others are going. "Wait for me!" She shouted at them but they seemed to not hear her.

"Fishcakes!" She heard it again, but louder.

She decided to just follow the seven guys, but something in the opposite direction is pulling her. Ara struggled to run towards Jiho but the pull became stronger. "Jiho! Please don't leave me here! Don't go!" Her tears are starting to fall. "Wait for me."

"Fishcakes!!!" She was able to run but a force pulled her foot causing her to slide and stumble.

"Ahhhh!" Ara woke up catching her breath while tears are forming in her eyes. She clutched the sheets around her as she reached for something to hold on, and finally hugging a pillow beside her. She cried and cried. There's no more Nate to comfort her at times like this. She wanted to call him, but the picture of him leaving her came to her memory. She continued crying before dozing off to sleep again.

The morning came and the sun's rays peeking through Ara's window stirred her up. She rolled on her bed a few times before rubbing her puffy eyes, and finally opening it. She groaned as she realized that it is morning already, and her flight is just a few hours away from now. She sat up and remembered her dream last night.

"Hmm... That was the most vivid dream I had." She reached for the two pill boxes on her bedside table. "Thanks, my little friends for keeping me company." She stood up and went straight to the bathroom. "But I guess I have to let go of you now." She threw them on the trash can. "For Nate."

She turned around and was greeted by her own appearance in the mirror. "Looks like I really cried a lot." She closed her eyes and leaned on the sink. "I wonder who this Woo Jiho is, and what does he have to do in my life." She opened her eyes again and smiled to herself pushing all the negative emotions away. "Maybe I will know when I arrive in Korea."

 

"Are you ready?" Atty. Lee smiled at Ara as he handed her a passport and a visa going to Korea.

She shook her head. "Not really, but what can I do? There's nowhere else I can go."

Atty. Lee chuckled. "Don't worry. You will be fine. You have good parents. Chunsoo and Soyeon are surely longing to see their youngest daughter." He patted her head.

"You know them?" Ara asked.

"Ah, I forgot to mention to you that your real father who goes by the name of Kim Chunsoo, Dr. Shin, and I are once best friends. We were a trio that cannot be separated. Though a lot of things happened in the past, but let's not talk about it now. Your plane will be leaving soon. I already informed your sister's office about your arrival and they will pick you up at the airport, so no worries." He smiled at her, assuring her that she should not worry about going back to Korea.

"Thanks, Atty. Lee!" She waved goodbye as she headed to the airport gates when she heard her flight being called already. She took a deep breath before boarding the plane. This is it. Bye, Shin Ara. Hello, Kim Aeri!