Jealousy

Don't Forget About Me

"Zico! Why are you doing it all wrong?!" Their choreographer scolded him again. "Are you still in your right mind?"

The other Block B members looked at him with concern for their leader's unusual behavior.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'll do better next time." Zico bowed repeatedly.

"You already said that earlier." The choreographer told him.

"I'm really sorry, hyung." Zico said apologetically.

"I think you need time to clear your mind first. You may skip the rehearsal today, but make sure to go back here tomorrow with your conditioned mind and body. It would be better." The choreographer patted his back.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry." Zico bowed again and grabbed his duffel bag before going outside the studio. He planned not to see Aeri and tell her about what happened and just go straight to their dorm, but she was about to go to the dance studio when Zico came out. They meet in the hallway and Aeri gave him a smile.

"Jiho!" Her smile disappeared as she saw his bag with him. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"They told me to go home and rest first." Zico said trying not to make eye contact.

He walked past her but Aeri grabbed his hand to stop him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just need some rest." Zico kept his head lowered.

"I know something is wrong."

"It's nothing, really."

"Tell me, Woo Jiho." Aeri waited for him to answer but nothing came out from his mouth. She decided to continue. "Is it because of the guy in the cafe earlier? If that's it, I'm really sorry. It won't happen again. Sorry, oppa..." She tightened her hold onto Zico's hand.

"Actually, it's the guy on your phone." Zico told her, making her freeze in her place.

Aeri loosened her grip onto him and let go.

'Who is he?"

She is the one who can't answer this time. She just stared at him.

"Why can't you answer me now, Aeri? Look. It's just our first day of being a couple but I already saw another man as your phone's wallpaper." Zico finally looked at Aeri, but his eyes are full of hurt feelings.

"It's... It's not what you're thinking." Aeri defended.

"Then what?" Zico raised an eyebrow. "A guy who just looks cute who took a picture with you and you decided to make it as your wallpaper because you just want to?"

"He is my childhood friend. Eli. Eli of UKISS." Aeri told him. "He is the one who changed my wallpaper to that photo."

"But you still allowed him to." Zico scoffed. "And why did he change that in the first place? Maybe he likes you?"

Aeri was not able to answer. She knows how Eli insists for them to be together as what they had promised each other when they were still little, but she doesn't want Zico to know this.

"Aeri, I think you don't realize this, but you have a lot of men in your life that makes me feel uneasy. There was Taehyun, but thanks to your sister, he was removed from my list of rivals for you. There is also Matt, that until now, I still feel jealous towards him. Also, Minhyuk hyung. Junho, the guy from the cafe earlier. And now, Eli! Eli seonbae!!!" He unconsciously said in an angry tone while clenching his fists.

"Jiho..."

"It hurts, Aeri. I always feel jealous towards them. I also want your attention, and it hurts when you still have other men in your life, friends or not. I thought that I would be the happiest man in the world when you became my girlfriend, but I was wrong. I should not have pursued you if I knew that I would just get hurt more. I should not have dreamed about being with you when this will be the consequence. I also have feelings, Aeri. I can't take it anymore. It really hurts. Let's cut this off now before it's too late and gets worse." Zico turned his back to her and was about to take a step when Aeri held his arm to stop him.

"Jiho, you're not breaking up with me, right?" Aeri said in a cracked voice and she felt her tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

Zico closed his eyes. He doesn't want to see her cry. He wants to wipe all her tears away. He wants to hug her this time, but his mind ruled over him.

"Jiho, please. Don't go." She tightened her grip onto him.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled. He took her hand holding his other arm and removed it from him before starting to walk away.

She watched him go as tears kept on falling down her cheeks.

 

"Where do you want to go?"

"Somewhere I can get drunk." Aeri rested her back on the passenger's seat.

"You drink?"

"Obviously." Aeri rolled her eyes.

'What's wrong with you, babe?"

"Nothing. I just want to have some fun." Aeri answered.

"You're really grown up now."

"I know, right?" She said before closing her eyes.

"I think it's better if you will call me 'Eli oppa'."

"Is there a need for that? I'm already used to calling you Ellison."

"Well, it sounds better for me. Or do you prefer 'jagi' or 'yeobo'." Eli smirked.

"What?!" Aeri opened her eyes and looked at Eli.

"We'll go to that stage eventually, anyway."

"Whatever." She sighed and thought about Zico again.

When they arrived at a bar in Itaewon, Aeri proceeded straight to the bar's counter and sat on the stool there. She started drowning in alcohol as Eli sat beside her and just watched her.

"Thanks, Ellison!" She smiled at him after taking another glass of rhum from the bartender.

"For what?" Eli scrunched his eyebrows.

"For making me ruin your schedule just to take me here." Aeri sipped on her drink.

"No problem, jagiya." He smirked.

Aeri glared at him for calling her 'jagiya' but she continued taking vodka shots after she finished her rhum.

"Ellison."

"Yeah?"

"Do you believe in second chances?" Aeri asked.

"Huh?"

"Like, when a couple broke up, do you believe that their mutual feelings will go back after that break up?" Aeri continued drinking more. This time, she ordered an AMF mix, a strong cocktail.

"It depends on how they broke up with each other." Eli answered.

"Well, personally, I don't believe in second chances. I tried it before but the feelings were never the same after. It's like a broken glass. It really hurts when it broke while still holding it. You might want to pick up every pieces since you became attached to that glass, but if you keep on trying to fix it, you will just get hurt even more. You need to buy another one to replace it and wait for the wounds to heal. In this case, you need to find another one, a better replacement even if that means letting go of someone you really love." Aeri explained.

"You already believe in that, so why did you still ask me?" Eli gave her a questioning look.

"Because I thought you have an answer that might oppose my opinion." Aeri finished her drink and signaled to the bartender to give her another one. "So, do you agree or disagree with that?"

"Hmm... Well, given your explanation, I might agree with that." Eli smiled.

Aeri frowned and took another glass of alcohol. Is there still a hope for Jiho and I to be together again? Or should I let go of this feeling now? She thought before looking up to prevent her tears from falling down but she gave up. Eli saw this and leaned in closer to wipe her tears away before reaching for her lips to give her a kiss.