Meeting The Father

Don't Forget About Me

bold letters = English


The next morning, Aeri's mother woke up early to prepare breakfast. As she was about to go to the kitchen, she heard someone sobbing in the bathroom. She hurried inside and saw Aeri crying as she leans against the wall near the sink.

"Aeri!" Her mother said widening her eyes. "Why are you crying? And..." She looked at the mess in the sink. "Did you throw up?"

Aeri slid down in a sitting position and continued crying. She cannot answer her mother and talk about her pregnancy. She felt her mother embracing her and patting her back.

"Just tell mommy about it, okay? Everything will be fine." Her mom lovingly said to her.

"Mom... I.." She looked up at her mother.

"I will listen." Her mother smiled and nodded, telling her to go on.

She hesitated at first but continued. "Please promise me that you won't get angry."

"I promise."

"I... I'm pregnant."

Her mother looked at her straight in the eyes. "Is the baby Matt's?"

She shook her head and hugged her mother tightly. "It's Jiho's."

"Jiho? Who's he?"

"He's the leader of Block B." Aeri said between sobs.

Her mother is keeping her composture and remaining calm. "Does he know already about this?"

She shook her head again. "I don't want him to know. He won't accept the baby for sure."

"What are you saying?! The bastard should take responsibility!" Her mother broke the hug and stood up. "Please clean this mess and see me and your father afterwards." She said while pointing at the sink.

"Mom, please don't tell dad..." Aeri begged but her mother sighed.

"He should know about this. He is your father, Aeri. We need to know about this." Her mother sternly said and left her.

Aeri wiped her tears away and stood up. "The moment of truth is coming..." She mumbled to herself and started cleaning up the mess she made. After that, she washed her face and took a deep breath before going to the guest room where her parents stayed for the night. She nervously knocked on the door and became more scared when she heard her father's voice.

"Come in."

She opened the door and went inside with her head hung low.

"Your mom told me about the baby." Her father started, but she just kept quiet so he continued. "And about the father, where is he?"

"He's probably on his way back here in Korea from their concerts in Malaysia and Singapore." Aeri answered without looking at her father's eyes. The thing she is most afraid of is to make her father angry.

"Do you know when exactly they will arrive here?" Her father asked.

"Uhm. I think Matt knows. He will be the one picking them up from the airport."

"I need to talk to him later."

"Dad...please." Aeri kneeled in front of her father. "Don't."

Seeing this, her father offered his hand to her. "Stand up, Aeri. Aren't we supposed to eat breakfast?"

Aeri just sighed and followed her father to the dining area.

 

"Matthew." Aeri's dad called his attention while they were eating breakfast.

Matt looked up and smiled. "Why?"

"What time will you be picking up Block B at the airport?"

Aeri looked down as she heard this.

"Around 2 in the afternoon." Matt answered casually.

"Please schedule me a meeting with Woo Jiho right after. We will be meeting in Aeri's office in the KCS Entertainment building." His father requested him.

Matt scrunched his eyebrows and suddenly looked at Aeri. He saw her looking down and turned to Aeran and mouthed 'Does he know already?'

Aeran shook her head, and they all turned to Mr. Kim when he cleared his throat.

"Aeri, why are you not eating? It's bad for you and the baby." Mr. Kim told her daughter calmly.

"I don't have the appetite anymore." She wiped with the napkin and stood up going towards her room.

Matt bowed to Aeri's parents and Aeran before following Aeri.

"I have always hoped for Aeri and Matthew to end up together but I guess I have to let go of that hope now." Mr. Kim mumbled before continuing to eat breakfast.

 

Matt picked up the Block B members, their two managers, and the other staff with them at the airport. He asked how the concerts and fan signs went and told them that they can have the next three days free. Everyone cheered happily as they rode the van, with everyone planning for a very short vacation.

"But Jiho..." Matt said before starting the engine.

"Yeah?" Zico looked at him.

"You need to go straight to the KCS office. Someone wants to talk to you."

"Huh?" Zico scrunched his eyebrows.

Kyung punched his shoulder lightly. "It's probably Aeri." He teased.

Zico thought why will Aeri want to talk to the man who made her cry. Something inside him is nervous, while there is also the feeling of excitement as he will be able to see the love of his life again. 

When they arrived at the KCS building, Matt dropped Zico off and told him to go to Aeri's office.

"The one who wants to talk to you is already waiting there." Matt smiled before pulling off to drive the others home.

P.O waved at Zico and shouted. "Good luck, hyung! Fighting!"

"Please be together again!" Jaehyo added.

Zico just chuckled and went straight to the second floor where Aeri's office is located. He took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Woo Jiho-sshi?" A man's voice can be heard.

Zico scrunched up his eyebrows as he expected Aeri to be there. "Y-Yes."

"Please come in."

He opened the door and peeked before going inside. He saw a man in his late 40s leaning back on Aeri's chair. The man looked up and smiled.

"Good afternoon, Woo Jiho-sshi. Please have a seat." He motioned Zico to take a seat on a chair beside the table, facing him. When Zico took a seat, the man continued. "I'm so sorry for calling you when you had just arrived here in Korea. But I really wanted to talk to you before I go back to the Philippines later tonight."

Zico just nodded, still figuring out who the man talking to him is.

"By the way, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kim Chun-soo, the President of the KCS Group in which KCS Entertainment is under, and Aeri's father."

Zico widened his eyes hearing that he is Aeri's father. They shook their hands firmly before Mr. Kim continued.

"I won't be talking to you anything about work, but I'm concerned about my daughter, Aeri." He paused for a while. "I'm talking to you as a father, Jiho-sshi."

"W-What do you mean, sir?" Zico confusedly asked.

"I just learned that you had a relationship with my daughter. Why did you break up with her?" Mr. Kim eyed Zico as he questioned him.

Zico gulped before answering. "I-I... I'm actually regretting what I did, sir. I didn't mean to make her cry. I want her to be happy, but jealousy came between us. If I will be given a chance, I really really want to get back with her. I'm so sorry for making Aeri cry. I was hurt as well..."

He was cut off when Mr. Kim chuckled. "Don't defend yourself. What has been done is done. I just want to know if you still love her."

"I do." Zico told Aeri's father sincerely.

"That's all I wanted to know, Jiho-sshi. I think you two need to talk and figure things out together." Mr. Kim stood up. "Do you want to go with me in her apartment?" He offered.

"Huh?" Zico blinked.

"I think Aeri has something to say to you. And, Jiho. You love her, right? So please don't give up on her. She needs you."