Seven Seasons

Don't Forget About Me

The next day, Matt is driving his car to the Seven Seasons office with Aeri in the passenger seat. He is smiling secretly as he plans how he will introduce Aeri to the people in the office.

"You know what..." Aeri started a conversation.

"Hmm?" Matt nodded telling her to continue what she is about to say.

"I feel comfortable with you even if I just knew about you yesterday. It seems like I can always trust you, Matt."

He smiled at what Aeri said. "Well, that's what best friends are for, right? Remember, I'm one of your best friends? We're even more than that. I'm your ex-boyfriend who happens to be your best friend." Both of them laughed. "I know all of your secrets!"

"Right, right!" Aeri agreed. "So...how did we know each other?"

Matt smiled. "We were classmates back in college. We both took a business course in a university in the Philippines where your family was residing."

"Oh. Are we like in an international school there for Koreans?" Aeri asked.

"No. It's a premier university in the Philippines. And...I think you got it wrong. I'm not Korean, Ri." Matt explained.

She looked at him in disbelief. "You're kidding!"

"I'm not. I'm Chinese who has a family in the Philippines."

"But your Korean is so perfect!" 

"Well, I studied the language and you were the one who tried to teach me before you disappeared."

"So that's why... Now I get it." Aeri mumbled.

Matt heard it and scrunched up his eyebrows. "That's why...? What is it?"

"You speak English so fluently, and not discriminating other Koreans but you don't have the usual Korean-English accent. You know what I mean."

"Yeah." Matt laughed. "I know that."

They continued talking about random stuff until they reached the office parking lot. Matt parked the car before they entered the building and a huge 'Seven Seasons' sign on the facade greeted them. 

"Why Seven Seasons?" Aeri asked.

"You were the one who thought about that name. Ask yourself." Matt chuckled.

"Duh! I have amnesia!" She rolled her eyes.

"You told me that you wanted to name the label after the men who were the reason why this company was created. You really loved them. They are seven in the group so that's how you ended up with Seven Seasons." Matt explained.

"Oh. So who's this group? I want to see them! I'm really curious." Aeri said excitedly.

"You'll see." Matt smiled and pulled Aeri towards the lobby.

Aeri widened her eyes as she saw seven life-sized wax figures of young men displayed in the lobby, near the reception area. She held Matt's arm tightly as she stepped back. Matt felt Aeri being so tensed so he turned to look at her.

"What's wrong, Aeri?" He asked concerned.

"Those guys..." She pointed at the wax figures.

"Block B. They are the wax figures of the guys from the group I was talking earlier. Why? Did you happen to know them when you were in New York? They are kinda popular there, anyway." He checked Aeri's face that turned so pale.

"They were in my dreams."

Matt looked at Aeri, shocked. "You dreamed about them?"

She nodded. "But I wasn't able to see their faces until now. I just recognized them with what they are wearing."

He kissed Aeri's forehead. "Maybe it's because your life almost revolved just around them and you really love this group. You'll meet them later." He gave her an assuring smile and led her to the elevator.

"That made me remember about this Woo Jiho guy..." Aeri said quietly.

Matt stopped his tracks and faced Aeri. He put his hands on her shoulders. "Where did you hear that name? Do you remember him? Do you remember Woo Jiho?" He interrogated her with hopes of Aeri remembering Woo Jiho.

She lowered her head. "I really don't know him, even my relationship with this guy. He's just always in my dreams. Sometimes with those other six guys, sometimes just him. But he's always leaving me with his back facing me all the time so I don't really know his face."

"But you will be able to see him later, for sure. Maybe it will help you remember the memories you've lost." He gave her one last smile as they waited for either one of the two elevators to reach the ground floor.

 

Zico squinted his eyes as he heard Kyung and Jaehyo talking about a new CEO for Seven Seasons arriving today. He couldn't believe that Matt will just replace Aeri with a new one, if ever the rumors are true. But everything leads to confirming that it is true, especially the staff he saw cleaning Aeri's office yesterday. In addition, Matt is not answering any of his messages and calls making him more suspicious.

I will never let anyone replace Aeri as the CEO. She was the one who worked hard for all of this. He told himself.

"Wah!!! Our receptionist just texted me. She saw Matthew with a girl entering the building!" Jaehyo exclaimed as he read the text on his phone.

"A girl?!" Kyung raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure she is the new CEO? Maybe she is just Matthew's new girlfriend."

Jaehyo shrugged. "I really don't know but the rumors are saying that someone will arrive here today and will use Aeri's room..." He covered his mouth when he said Aeri's name realizing that they are with Zico. He turned to Zico's direction and was met by his dagger eyes.

Kyung, who is oblivious of Zico's killer stare, continued talking. "Hmm... If that's the case, I wonder if she's pretty." He grinned as he imagined what the girl would look like.

Zico walked out of the room and slammed the door after him. Jaehyo and Kyung just looked at each other.

"He's not yet over with Aeri." Jaehyo said.

Kyung hit the older's head. "Of course, hyung! She is his wife!!! And losing your wife with your supposed-to-be-born child is the worst thing ever. I admire Jiho for still being strong despite everything. He can still manage to smile on stage. If I were him, I would totally go crazy."

"Hmm... I agree." Jaehyo nodded. "That's why he is our leader. He is the strongest person I know. Well... emotionally speaking, because if it's physical strength we're talking of, I'm the strongest for sure!!!"

Kyung just rolled his eyes. "Whatever, hyung! Now let's go back to practicing our lines in the new song."

"What do I need to practice? Woo Jiho didn't give me any line, as usual." Jaehyo pouted.

 

Aeri and Matt rode the first elevator cab that opened to go to the third floor, where Aeri's office is located. But as soon as the elevator's door closed, the second one opened and Zico walked out of it heading outside the Seven Seasons building.