Back in Korea

Don't Forget About Me

Aeri arrived at the Incheon airport and immediately looked for the person who will be picking her up there. She walked around the airport in a New Yorker ensemble--a white button-down long sleeves, partnered with a short pleated black skirt and ankle boots, topped up with her shades. She can feel eyes looking at her but she just shrugged. She needs to find first the person who will pick her up.

Moments later, she finally saw a fine young man holding a plackard with her name on it. She took off her shades and squinted her eyes just to check if she saw it right. Walking towards the guy, she put on her sunglasses again while checking him out and smiling to herself. Hot. Wonder why he's the one picking me up? Is he sort of Aeri's boyfriend? I mean, my boyfriend?

"Uhm...Hi? Excuse me?" She talked to the guy.

He turned his head to look at her, followed by a scrunch of eyebrows. "Yes? Can I help you with something?" He said in perfect English.

Wow! He knows English well. Perfect accent, too. She pointed at the sign he is holding. "It's me." Then she smiled.

"I think you just got the same name as hers." He gave her a small smile.

"Oh." She removed her shades and was about to walk away when someone pulled her arm. She looked back and realized that the guy pulled her back.

"Aeri?"

She just raised an eyebrow, but was completely taken aback when the guy hugged her tightly and kissed her on the forehead.

"It's you. I missed you!" He told her while still keeping her in his embrace.

"I told you it's me you're looking for." She mumbled.

When he broke the hug, he cupped Aeri's face with his hands and looked at her in the eyes. "I really missed you! It has been three years!" He backed away a little and checked her from head to toe. "And I'm seeing that you changed a lot. Your hair, your style... but it suits you really well!" He patted her head and ruffled her hair. "You look prettier." He gave her a sweet smile.

"Uhmm... Thanks, I guess?" She smiled awkwardly. With this closeness, I might think that this hot guy was my boyfriend. But don't I get something more aside from a hug and a forehead kiss? She thought, a bit disappointed.

"Come on! Can you feel that people are staring at you?" He whispered to her.

"Huh? Yeah. Felt it since I walked around here."

"They thought you are a celebrity with all your get-up. Let's go before they flock towards you." He held her hand and put the plackard he was holding on the other side as he pulled her towards the parking space.

But it's you who look like a celebrity here. She thought.

They reached the parking lot where his car was parked and he grinned widely. "Everyone is really excited to see you!"

Aeri nodded and returned the smile. Soon, they were in his car heading home.

"So...I hope that Dr. Shin didn't do anything that harmed you in any other way?" He asked.

"He stood as a great dad, though a little boring at times." She told him.

He just nodded. "Everyone is really worried about you."

"You didn't have to worry." She smiled. "I'm completely fine."

"Good." He continues looking at the road without glancing at her. "How's the three-year stay in New York?"

"Well...it's quite fun, I guess? It was a bit hard though in the first months since I only know daddy...I mean Dr. Shin."

"It looks like you became comfortable with Dr. Shin as your father." He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Seems like it. Well... I didn't know anything, and he became a father figure to me. He supported me so well for three years, though he still took me away from my real family." She closed her eyes trying to reminisce the memories with Dr. Shin in New York. "He even sent me to Columbia University to study medicine."

"Really?" The guy asked her, unconvinced.

"Yeah."

Silence filled the car until he asked another question. "Have you ever thought of running away from Dr. Shin? I mean...he made you go to a university and you might be able to escape and go back here in Korea."

She chuckled. "I didn't. I didn't even remember anything from my past so I think he made use of that to keep me away easier. He even gave me a fake identity."

"You...you lost your memory?"

She nodded.

"So how did you regain back your memory?" He asked.

"I wasn't able to. I still have amnesia."

Her words made him drive the car to the side of the road and stop, shocking him. He looked at her and held her firmly on her shoulders. "You can't remember anything?"

She shook her head.

"You don't know me?"

She shook her head again.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. "So that's why." He opened his eyes and released Aeri's shoulders as he slumped back to the driver's seat. "That's why you were not sure if I'm the one picking you up at the airport."

"Yeah."

"You didn't recognize me." The guy added.

"You didn't recognize me either." Aeri pouted.

"Because your hairstyle changed, and your fashion sense changed as well. And, you are wearing shades!"

"Hmm..." Aeri just hummed, controlling her laughter.

"Well, I still recognized you when you took off your shades."

"Okay, forgiven." She let out a chuckle and smiled at him.

The guy looked at Aeri lovingly as she laughed and smiled. I missed that beautiful smile.

"What are you looking at?" She took notice how he stares at her and stopped laughing. "Do I have something on my face?" She touched her face and looked confusedly at him.

"It's just that..." He thought of an excuse. "You never used eyeliner before. But now, it's like your life." He smiled and started to drive back on the main road again.

"Oh. I like using it. It makes my eyes look bigger." She blinked.

"But it makes you look like a rebel girl as well, especially with your black hair and full bangs." He noted.

She rolled her eyes. "Everyone says so."

He laughed at her reaction.

Soon after, they reached an expensive-looking apartment complex.

"Welcome back!" He told her enthusiastically.

"Uhm...Thanks!" She smiled.

He guided her to their floor and as he was about to key in the codes to the door's lock, she put her hand on his shoulder. He looked at her.

She smiled sheepishly. "I forgot to ask your name."

He let out a loud chuckle. "You already forgot about me, and then you even forgot to ask my name." He squinted his already small eyes to her. "That's not fair!"

"I'm sorry!" She defended herself as she raised her hands as if surrendering to him.

He smiled again and patted her head. "Forgiven."

"So...what's your name?"

"Matthew. But you used to call me Matt." He smiled before keying in the codes and opening the door.


WAAAAH! SHE'S BAAAAACK!!!! :D

But, where's Jiho? *pouts*
(Maybe you'll find out in the next chapter! *winkwink*)