A Long Lost Love

Don't Forget About Me

bold letters = English


The next day, Aeri is feeling better but Matt insisted her to just stay in bed. She was playing with her iPad that afternoon when Matt peeked inside her room.

"Aeri..." Matt said.

"Yep?" She looked up. "What's up?"

"You have a visitor."

"If it's Jiho, then tell him he is not allowed to see me."

"No. Not Jiho." Matt shook his head. "He told me that he is your childhood friend."

"Childhood friend? A childhood friend of mine is here in Korea?"

"Should I let him in?" Matt asked.

Aeri thought for a while. "I'm not really sure. But, if he doesn't look so creepy, then let him in."

"Okay!"

Matt went back to the front door and talked to the guest and led him in Aeri's room. Aeri, on the other hand, is still thinking who this childhood friend is.

"He's here." Matt said after opening her room's door.

She looked at the guy standing beside Matt and scrunched her eyebrows. "Who...wait. Are you the guy from U-KISS?"

The guy chuckled. "Ri...have you forgotten about me already?"

Aeri just stared at him. He went closer to her and smiled.

"I really don't remember..." Aeri mumbled.

He leaned in closer to Aeri, making Matt alarmed at his actions. "You're right. I'm the guy from U-KISS, Eli. Kim Kyungjae. Your Ellison." He whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek afterwards.

Aeri's eyes widened after knowing who the guy is. She turned to Matt and smiled. "Matt, you can leave us. Don't worry anymore. I know him.

Matt nodded, stepped outside and closed the door behind him.

He patted her head and chuckled. "It has been a very long time, Ri. By the way, is he your boyfriend?"

"No." Aeri shook her head.

"Good. I wonder if you still remember our promise..." He sat beside her on the bed. "Our promise to marry each other when we reach the right age."

"Yeah. I didn't forget that. I was six and you were nine. That was the time when I told you that our family was moving in another country." Aeri reminisced.

"Well, we are on the right age now." He smiled again at her.

"What do you mean?" Aeri paused until she realized what Eli meant. "That was just a childhood promise!!!" She turned red in embarrassment.

"Don't worry. I'm not rushing things." Eli smiled. "Anyway, I was offended with what you said earlier. "'The guy from U-KISS' huh?"

"Sorry." She bit her lip. "I really didn't know. I didn't know that Eli of U-KISS and my childhood friend Ellison is the same person."

"Isn't it obvious?" Eli frowned. "I'm guessing you are not a fan of U-KISS."

Aeri laughed defensively. "But I know some of your songs!"

"But you didn't recognize me!"

"I said I'm sorry! It's been so long that I wasn't able to recognize you." Aeri defended herself.

Eli kissed her cheek for the second time. "Forgiven." He smiled.

"Why did you kiss me?!"

"We'll get married soon, anyway." He smirked.

"W-What?!"

He laughed. "How's managing Block B? How is it to be a CEO?"

"Fine. I'm doing great. I'm enjoying it. Wait. How did you know that it was me? And how did you find where I live?"

"Well...I saw Block B's press conference yesterday on TV, and I heard about this certain 'Kim Aeri', daughter of businessman Kim Chunsoo, being the CEO of KCS Entertainment. Unfortunately, she is sick and couldn't go to the press conference. I got this feeling that this new CEO is my childhood sweetheart, and researched more about you. It was very easy to find some useful information on the Internet."

"Such a creepy stalker." Aeri pouted.

"At least, my stalking is worth it. I really missed you!" He hugged her. "Remember when I used to go home and cry because I didn't have any friend in school? Then my mom would bring me to your house with my sister Hannah, and I would be so happy because I can play with you and Ran. Good thing that you were our neighbor."

"Oh, yes. The kids in your school always tease you 'Allison'!" Aeri laughed. 

"Not funny."

Aeri patted his head and chuckled. "You're still the same, Ellison."

He touched her hair. "You know what? I became so depressed when you left me. I waited for you to come back, but you never did. I lost all my hope when a new family moved in your old house. I thought I would never see you again." He looked at her in the eyes. "Anyway, are you feeling better now or are you still sick?" Eli asked her.

"I'm feeling better because Ellison visited me!" Aeri cheerfully said.

"Good!" He gently pinched her cheeks. "Now, do you want something to eat? I will cook for you!" He said proudly.

"Wow! You know how to cook? I'm doubting it."

Eli stood up in protest. "I can cook well! Want a sample?"

Aeri laughed. "Maybe next time. I think Matt is already preparing something for dinner later. Would you want to join us?" She invited him.

"Nah. I need to be home by 5pm. You should come over to my apartment. It's also here in Gangnam. Very near here."

"Oh really? Yes, I will!" Aeri beamed excitedly.

"Just leave a message or call me." He reached for the phone on her bedside table. "Is this yours?" 

"Yeah."

Eli unlocked the phone screen and was surprised to see a picture of Aeri and Zico as her wallpaper. "Why is Zico here?" He scrunched his eyebrows and looked at her.

"I...err..."

He did not let her finish what she was going to say. "I should be the one here." He sat beside her again and took a photo of them using Aeri's phone, replacing Aeri's picture with Zico. "There! It looks better." He smiled triumphantly. Then, he saved his phone number in her contacts and called his own to get her number as well. "Let's get in touch more often, Ri. Now that we are both in Korea, it's easier for us to be together."


Another guy in Aeri's life!!! u-oh

What do you think about Eli? hmm...