A Breakfast Date

Don't Forget About Me

The next day, Aeri is doing some reports to be emailed to the KCS Group in the Philippines. She was busy reading some files when something caught her attention. She stared at the couch in her office where she did it with Zico last night, and blushed remembering it.

"Why am I thinking about it now?" She mumbled to herself and shook her head. "Focus, Aeri. Focus." She went back doing the report when someone knocked on the door. "Come in."

"Good morning!"

Aeri looked up at the person who just came in and widened her eyes. "W-Why are you here?"

"Am I not allowed to check on my girl?" Zico smiled and went closer to her. He leaned on the table and gave her a short kiss. Aeri was a bit taken aback at Zico's actions but remained composed.

"Aren't you supposed to be rehearsing for your follow-up song?" Aeri asked him.

Zico eyed the couch and sat there. "It's too early. The other members are still in the dorm." He patted the space beside him. "I would never see this couch the way I look at it before." He smirked at Aeri who is looking at him. "This is a symbol of our love."

Aeri glared at him. "Stop that, Jiho-sshi."

"What?! I'm just reminiscing all that happened last night." He grinned. "It's one of the best nights in my life. Ever."

She just rolled her eyes and continued sorting all the information for the KCS Entertainment report.

"What are you doing, jagi?" Zico asked her.

"Reports."

"Aww. Why are you doing stressful stuff at this time? It' still too early. And besides, your boyfriend is here." He proudly pointed at himself.

"What do you want?"

He smiled to himself. "You. Let's do it again."

She looked at him with disbelief. "Not gonna happen."

"Fine. Let's just have a date. Come on." He stood up and went towards her.

"Jiho, I'm working."

He pulled her arm and wrapped his other arm around her waist to pull her up. "Come on. We will not take too long. I just want to spend this morning with you."

"Where are we going?" She asked as Zico pulls her out of the office.

"Just go with me."

 

They went to the nearest cafe and Zico pushed Aeri towards the counter.

"Hello! Such a cute couple. What do you want to order?" The cashier smiled at them.

"What do you want, babe?" He asked Aeri.

"I already ate breakfast. Just order for yourself." Aeri said.

Zico hugged her from the back. "I woke up really early to have breakfast with you. Order anything you want. I'll pay for everything."

Aeri looked at the menu making Zico smile. "I'll just have a vanilla milkshake."

"That's all?" Zico asked her. "Order something to eat. I heard that their banoffee pie is really good!"

"Well, just order for me then." Aeri smiled at him.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded.

"Okay." She turned to the cashier while still hugging Aeri. "One vanilla milkshake, one caramel macchiato, one "couple's banoffee pie", two orders of buttermilk pancakes, and two slices of blueberry cheesecake."

The cashier repeated their order and Zico paid for it before they looked for seats. They took a vacant table in a more private part of the cafe and waited for their order to be served.

"Thank you, Aeri."

"Huh? For what?"

"For making my life so much better."

"Did I?"

"Yeah. You became the reason why I still perform, why I still produce songs, why I live." He gave her a sweet and sincere smile.

"Stop with the cheesiness, Jiho. Kyung influenced you too much."

"But it's true!" Zico protested.

Aeri was about to argue when their food came.

"Hello! Here's your order." The waiter served the food on the table. "Enjoy your food!"

"Thank you!" Aeri smiled at him, and he smiled back before walking away to attend to the other customers.

"Yah! What was that?" Zico pointed at the waiter.

"Huh? What?" Aeri innocently asked.

"Why did you smile at him?!"

"Is it wrong to smile?" Aeri blinked.

"No, but you look like you're flirting with him!"

"I'm not!" Aeri defended herself. "I usually smile at everyone. I'm just being friendly!"

"But still... there's a meaning with his smile at you!"

"Are you jealous, Jiho?"

"Yes. I am. So don't do that again!" Zico took a sip of his macchiato and grabbed a fork.

"Okay." Aeri chuckled and tasted the banoffee pie. "Hmm... it's really good!"

"I told you! And... it is supposed to be shared by a couple, that's why it's called 'couple's banoffee pie'! So you should feed me with that!" He said and opened his mouth.

"Here." Aeri smiled at how cute Zico is and fed him with the banoffee pie.

They continued talking while eating everything that Zico ordered, until another waiter came towards them and handed Aeri a box of mini cupcakes.

"We didn't order this." Aeri tried to give the box back but the guy refused.

"It's from Junho, my co-staff here. He told me to give it to you for free." The waiter explained.

"Junho?"

"He's the guy arranging the cakes in the counter." He pointed at the waiter named Junho making Aeri and Zico look at the direction.

"Oh. He's the guy who served our food earlier." Aeri said.

"Yes. He is the senior baker here. He made those mini cupcakes just now, especially for you."

Aeri blushed. "Please tell him that I appreciate it. Thank you!"

When the waiter left them, Zico glared at Aeri. "Look at what your smile made!" He angrily told her.

"We have free cupcakes!" She cheerfully said.

"No! He's making a move on you! Right in front of me. The nerve! Didn't he realize that I am your boyfriend?!" Zico stood up. "Let's go, Aeri."

"But we haven't finished the cheesecake." Aeri pouted.

"I'll just buy you another one. Let's go." Zico sternly said.

Aeri stood up as well and followed Zico towards the cafe's exit. She turned to look at Junho and mouthed a "Thank you" as she held the box of cupcakes up for him to see. Junho smiled as well, but Zico saw it and s his arm around Aeri's waist to claim that she is already taken. Zico was not contented in this, so he gave her a peck on the lips before leading her outside. Little did they know, another pair of eyes was watching them during the time they were inside the cafe.