Chapter 2: It's starting.

Dance off.

"1, 2, 3, 4," was all i have been hearing since today morning. I woke up at 7am and called my mother. Rushing through everything, i bathed and changed then headed out the door by 7.30 am. It was pretty awesomely quick, if i do say so myself.

 I ran to the studio and surprisingly, my instructor was already there, waiting. Class was supposed to start at 8. But since i arrived early, we went and started off early, ending early.

"Okay. That's it.  You're better than yesterday. Stay here and practice some more alright? Next week, i'm going to get a group of 6 boys to practice with you. And you'll be performing at the competition with them," she said.

"Sure. See ya," i answered. As she walked out the studio, i laid down on the floor and closed my eyes, listening to the loud, blasting music. Just then, i felt something press on my sweaty forehead. I immediately opened my eyes and saw a familiar face looking down at me. "Gah!" i gasped, loudly.

"Chill. You okay?" L. Joe asked.

"Uh, y-yeah," i replied. I stood up with his help and he passed me his handkerchief, one he used to press on my head. "Um, no. It's okay..."

He laughed and smiled at me as he pushed the handkerchief into his back pocket. "So, i saw you practicing." He was wearing black jeans, a white tee and a leather jacket. And i noticed him swinging his right leg against the floor.

"WHAT! You did? Gosh. I'm not good at the cheo yet," i admitted.

"Not dancing. I saw you practicing the piano last night," he said, while smiling. Then i remembered, before i left for home, i played the piano at the lobby. And i was giggling all the way, because of the many mistakes i did.. Gosh, it was so embarrassing. I could feel my cheeks burn on the spot. "You wanna learn how to play Don't Wanna Try?"

"Oh, the one by Frankie J?" This caught my interest. I was a HUGE fan of Frankie J.

"Mm-hm," he answered, and my head bobbed up and down.

He took me down to the lobby where it was quite quiet suddenly. He pulled my hand down, and his strength force me to sit down next to him. I watched in awe as his hands played along the keys so beautifully, and after awhile, i heard a voice singing. Not surprisingly, it was mine. I sang and he smiled while playing.

Not long after, another voice harmonised with mine, and we turned to see a guy standing. Right then, the song ended and we immediately stood up and greeted him, bowing 90 degrees. This guy looks familar... He did the same and introduced himself to me.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Niel imnida!"

"Annyeong, Nicole imnida." I smiled shyly and stood very close to Joe, allowing my left hand to touch his right. Suddenly, Joe gripped my hand, and pulled our entwined hands behind his back, and squeezed it.

My eyes widened, as he slowly let my numb hand go. I stole a glance at him, and saw his small smile. Oh, dang, he's so cute! He turned to me and apologised, "Biyane-yo. I have to go practice. I'll see you around, okay?"

As i was about to reply, Niel started, "Ahni-ayo. How about you meet us for dinner later on? Come to our dorm!" Just then, a few boys appeared from the entrance in the lobby, looking like superstars! Ah, they are superstars! 

They walked over, and the handsome-looking one asked Joe, "Du-gu sae-yo?"

"This is Nicole. My..." Joe trailed off, looking at me, as i turned my head down. I guessed that he was trying to figure out who i was to him. And suddenly, i was upset. I'm not his friend? Oh right...he's too famous for me.

"Nicole-ssi!" someone called out. I looked up and saw Chunji waving at me.

"Annyeong, oppa," i said, smiling. And relieved to see a familiar face besides Joe's.

"Oh, let's introduce ourselves," the handsome one said. "CAP imnida!"

"Ricky imnida!" a cute boy said.

"Changjo imnida!" this guy looked like he could take care of someone very well..

"You know the rest of us already, huh?" CAP said. "Nal-do-seng, Ahnyeonghasaeyo, Teentop imnida!" They all greeted together.

"So anyways, come over to our dorm for dinner okay?" Niel asked again.

"Uhh~i don't know..." i replied.

"Oh, come on! We hardly find friends here.." Chunji said.

"Oppa..." i whined. Yes, it was whiny but hey, i'm a girl, i have a right to do that.

"Nicole-ssi...Come okay? Call me around 7. We;ve gotta go practice, we're late! Bye!" CAP said, passing me a paper with his number on it. They all scurried away quickly as a man in white screamed for them to hurry.

"Oppa, annyeong!" I called out. And what scared me was, all of them turned to wave byebye. I smiled then waved back. In my heart, secretly i knew that Oppa annyeong was for Joe.