Chapter 24: That phone call

Dance off.

(Nicole's point of view)

I couldn't help but think that something was up with Joe. It was already late at night. And still, i was waiting for his text. Alone in my room, i stared up the ceiling. I had this wild thought that he was going to end it with me. And suddenly, it wasn't wild at all. It might happen. I sat up in my bed, thinking of the worse. The girls were all in their rooms, thinking as well.

The guys have never done this before. Out of the blue, i heard Kiki crying out loud. Quickly, i rushed to her room and knocked, "What happened???"

She continued crying and told me to go away. "Kiki~!!!" I yelled. "Open up!"

"No!!! Just leave me alone, please!" She screamed. I was wondering why the other girls hadn't come out to see what's wrong with Kiki. I went to their rooms and listened. Total silence. Except for Lynn's, who was weeping.

Gosh. Had something happened to the guys??

Just then, i received a call from L.Joe. Almost immediately, i picked it up. "Hello?" I said.

"Nicole. We.. we need to talk." Oh man. Those 4 words 'we need to talk' was dangerous.

"Kay. Where?" I was prepared.

"Below your house. I'm waiting," he said, his voice somewhat shaky.

"I'll be down in a minute." I hung up and pulled on a coat over my tanktop and shorts. In the elevator, my heart was thuping so loudly. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as the doors opened.

There he was. Pacing around. Dressed in black from head to toe. "Hey," I said, as i went closer to him.

"Hey," he muttered. He pushed his hands in his jeans' pockets and was breathing hard, i could tell.

"You said that you wanted to talk....?" I asked, carefully.

"Yeah... I don't wanna do this... but.. i have to."

"Just say it," I whispered. Somehow it felt like he was trying to say goodbye.

"Let's... break up," he said. Firm and clear. My world stopped. And my tears blurred everything out.

"Okay," I managed. Being clingy wasn't a virtue, as much as i remembered. "Just... tell me why.."

"I just... don't feel.. anything for you anymore," he said.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(L.Joe's point of view)

I said it. I told her. I told her i wanted a break up. But not only are we breaking up. My heart was too. It felt like my heart was broken into a million pieces. "I just... don't feel... anything for you anymore," i said to her.

I saw how her eyes teared up. And how badly i wanted to go up to her and hug her and tell her i was joking. I was fighting the tears of my own. I couldn't let her see my cry. She needed to believe that we were over.

"I.." she started, "Thanks for everything..?" Tears had dropped from her eyes. I wanted to wipe them off. My heart ached at the sight of her crying. She began to walk away, and out of impulse, i pulled on her wrist.

"I'm sorry, baby," I whispered.

"Don't," she whispered back, "call me that.." She cried even harder and pulled her wrist free. Seeing her walk away, i felt like a part of my life was gone. I needed her.

But i couldn't have her.

________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nicole's point of view)

What stupid wild thought. It came true. He broke up with me. And i couldn't stop the tears from falling. He grabbed my wrist, "I'm sorry, baby," he said softly.

"Don't call me that," i said. Silently, i clasped both my hands in front of me and walked away. More tears falling, but i didn't care. He wouldn't care right?

Suddenly, i heard someone running towards me, and swiftly, a pair of arms came around me. I turned back and saw Joe. "I can't. I can't do this. I can't let you go." He hugged me tightly and squeezed his eyes close.

"Joe.." I whispered.

"I'm sorry.. I just can't let you go," he said. Turning me around, he hugged me really tight. "I'll explain what happened. Just..Just let me hold you like this for a while. Please."

I was confused, and happy at the same time. I didn't want this to end.

*****************************************************************************************************************

(Nicole's point of view)

We were up in the apartment and Joe was telling us everything. About the fangirls and stuff.

"So... Changjo-oppa doesn't really wanna break up with me?" Kiki asked.

"Yeah. None of the guys wanna leave you girls. We were forced to. But... I just couldn't. The other guys are crying their hearts out now, i guess," L.Joe proclaimed. The girls looked doubtful and suddenly, Joe whipped out his iPhone, "Hyung, come over to Nicole's house now!!!"

We heard a muffled but a panicked, "Why? What's going on??"

"Ai's fainted! And the other girls too!!" Joe acted.

"WHAT?! . We're on our way." Joe hung up and looked directly at us. The girls atarted to smile and within ten minutes or so, the doorbell rang.

Joe went over to open the door and the first person who came in was Ricky. "Lynn-ah!!! Oti ya?!" He yelled.

"Oppa!!" Lynn screamed.

Then Changjo came in. "Kiki-ah!"

"Changjo-oppa!" She shrieked and he came over.

"Kenchana-yo? Why did you faint? You look pale! Sit down, sit down!" He commanded her.

"Tasha!!" Chunji called. "I brought something sweet for you eat so you'd feel better. Come here!" T went over, like a good girl.

"Sonia, kenchana-yo?" Niel asked Sonia.

"Aniyo," she said.

"Wae?!" He asked. Everyone stared at her.

"It hurts..." She replied.

"Where? Where does it hurt?" He stammered and was panicked.

"My heart." He was turning her around, looking for wounded places when she answered his question. He stopped and looked at her.

"Oh gosh. I hurt your heart, didn't i?" He asked. She nodded and bent her head down. He pulled her close and hugged her tight. "Sorry, sweetie."

All the guys turned to their girls and hugged them. I didn't see CAP come in, but when i turned to look, AI was in his arms, happy.

"Oppa," Kiki said, "We know what happened...." Changjo hugged her even tighter.

Joe held onto my hand, and pulled me right beside him. Softly, he planted a soft kiss on my cheek and then on my temple. "We're gonna figure this out together, okay?" Ai announced. "No more solving this on your own," she reprimanded CAP.

"This isn't about you guys anymore," T said.

"Yeah. It's about us too!" Lynn agreed.

"We're gonna do something about it." Sonia firmly said.

"Even if it means giving up our career, right?" Kiki asked me.

"Yeah. Even that," I replied. Then Joe turned to me.

"But," he started, "you said love isn't everything. Are you gonna give your career up for us?"

"Well, you were gonna give up love for our career. Isn't that sacrifcing alot? Yeah, love isn't everything. But love does mean something. I don't wanna let go what we have just because of a few fans! It ain't worth it," I told him.

"You're such a weird girl..." Joe said, smirking right in front of me. I went over and hugged him tight.

"I know," I whispered. And oh great. We have another problem to worry about. Gosh. Being in love with a member from Teentop really requires alot of effort. But hey, that's what makes this relationship valuable. Isn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEYHEYHEY!!!

People, exactly 2 more chapters left!!!! ):

COMMENT!!! I LOVE THEM!

ENJOY GUYS!