Chapter 20: I shouldn't

Dance off.

(Nicole's point of view)

I left Joe there. Silently, i walked up the stairs. "Nicole!" I heard Joe called. My pacing increased to a run. I ran up the stairs as he followed. With tears streaming down my face, i rushed into my room and slammed the door to a lock in case he were to enter. Lying against the door, outside, i heard him knocking. "Please... Just open the door..."

I cried harder. Though i knew it'd be right for me to forgive him, i didn't want to. He never trusted me. All this while, he couldn't just get that i loved him only. Chunji was a brother. And that was it. Why didn't he trust me? And he didn't even give me a chance to explain. I couldn't help it. I got hurt. Maybe i shouldn't even be thinking about the hurt. But how can i not?

The knocking stopped and i heard, "Hyung, let us go in and talk to her," Changjo said, "Go on downstairs, we'll meet you later on."

"Make her forgive me..." Joe said.

"We'll try," Changjo said. But Kiki added, "We can't make her forgive you. You were the one who made her upset." Tears kept rolling from my face. Even T couldn't trust me. She thought we were best friends? WE ARE BEST FRIENDS!

Two quick knocks on the door snapped me out of my tears as Kiki and Changjo said, "It's us." I got up to unlock the door, then walked back to the bed.

"Oh, gosh," Kiki exclaimed. "Your eyes are so red..." She took out a tissue and wiped my eyes, and threw the remaning packet to Changjo. My heart swelled at how they sat so close, and acted like they were together, together. Yknow?

"Don't cry, Noona~" Changjo said, looking into my eyes. I nodded and Kiki started with her "talk".

"Does this mean you and Joe are over...?" She asked, patting my hand.

"I don't know.." I replied, with a crack to my voice. I continued crying.

"I don't think you're ready.. I can tell you really love him."

"B-but.. He didn't trust me.. He didn't give me a chance to explain my actions.. He'd rather trust that fangirl than me.. If in a relationship, there's no trust, what's the point of being together?" More tears fell.

"It's not like that-" Changjo tried to say.

"And, T too. She really thought i was with Chunji. She forgot about the fangirl i told her about. When she saw that photo, she immediately thought i was with Chunji! They both just didn't trust me.."

Kiki added, "She only did that because she loves Chunji. And Joe was uptight because he loves you."

"What's the point of loving me when he can't even trust me?" I retorted, "I need a guy who loves and trusts me. Not someone who can't even give me a little trust. Does he even believe me when i said i won't like Chunji?"

"Noona, do you have any idea how much Hyung loves you? The way he looks at you... It's just so different. He's never looked at a girl that way. Only you. And you're his first love. He wouldn't know what to do."

Then i realised this. He was right. How would he have known what to do? But still. The trust. That's what's important isn't it? "I really don't know what to do......." I admitted to them.

"Just follow your heart. I'll support you." Kiki hugged me tight. Then Changjo stretched out and touched my arm, "Me too." He smiled and she did too.

This was when i knew what to do. I went out and down the stairs. Changjo and Kiki followed me. As i approached them all, I saw Joe sitting down on our couch. He had his head in his hands, and he was bending forward.

With Chunji sitting beside him, and T standing beside Chunji. He tapped Joe on the leg, and he looked up at Chunji, who was pointing at me. Joe turned and stood up. "Nicole," he called.

"I need to talk to you," i said. I walked out to the balcony, hoping he'd follow. Of course, he did.

Upon reaching the place, i whirled around to face him. "Take a seat," I said. Suddenly feeling very formal. Having sat opposite me, it was way more convenient. "Okay.. Today, it was really.. something, huh?"

"It was.. But it's all over... Right?" He asked carefully.

"No. I can't.. find the will to forgive you," i said, softly.

"W-why..?" He stammered, coming around to my side. He turned me and knelt on one knee in front of me. "Why can't you?"

"I can't take the fact that you don't trust me.."

"It's not that i don't trust you! I was just too-"

"It is. You don't trust me. Even after such a long time, you still think there's a chance of me with Chunji. I can't believe it.. That's what's hurting me.."

"Does this mean we're over..? I don't wanna let you go.." He said, with his eyes turning red.

"It just means we need a time out." I ended firmly.

"Nicole.. I'm so sorry.. Please know that i do trust you. Its just that i got too uptight. I'm sorry.." He said. Gently, i stood up and tears streamed down my face once again. Silently, i walked away. Leaving him behind.

__________________________________________________________________________

Okay, people!

Deadline for the SHINee fanfic is approaching!! Get your friends who'd like to apply to email me too!

[email protected] Remember this deadline: 010910!!

1st of Sept, people! QUICKLY!!

And, comment!!! ^^

Thank you to all for your comments! Your words give me motivation to write!!