Chapter 8: Mistake.

Dance off.

Joe stood up to Chunji, who looked terribly hurt. I cried out silently in my mind, if you know what i mean, and made a move that might have been very wrong. I said, "Oppa! Don't think otherwise! I was just comparing my hand size against Joe's."

Joe turned to me, and tugged my hand, while Chunji looked hopeful and asked, "Really?" Joe kept tugging on my hand and whispering something that i didn't bother to listen. In my head, i just kept wishing for Chunji to believe me. I didn't know why, but i just wanted to not hurt him. I just knew i had to keep him from getting hurt.

"Chunji-oppa. Don't think so much ok?" I put my hand on his, and squeezed. He smiled and turned to L.Joe.

"Whew, I was so scared you..yknow?" He laid a hand on Joe's shoulder. who forced a smile.

"Yeah. I gotta go," Joe swiftly walked out of the studio and silently, i cursed under my breath. I knew Joe was upset. But i couldn't make Chunji hurt. He didn't want Oppa to be hurt too, right? So why is he acting like that?

"Nicole-ah. Wanna learn how to sing Clap?" Chunji offered, with his goofy smile again.

"Uhm, no. I gotta go do something." I immediately went out of the studio and started to chase after Joe. But he was nowhere in sight. I fished out my phone and dialed.

"Hello?" Niel-oppa's voice answered on the first ring.

"Oppa. Nicole here."

"Oh, Nicole-ah. Yes?"

"How do i get to your dorm? What do i say to the taxi driver?" He explained to me and i remembered it. When i flagged a cab, i recited what i remembered, and the driver sent me straight. About half an hour later, i reached. I went up the elevator wishing he wasn't mad at me. When the doors opened, i went out and found their dorm apartment. I knocked on the door and he opened, just as i anticipated.

"Joe... What's wrong?" I asked. Aware that this might be our first couple fight. He walked backwards as i walked in the dorm.

"What's wrong? I wanted to tell him about us! He thinks you might like him!" Joe burst out. For the first time. We were standing face-to-face, staring each other down.

"But we can't hurt him!" Now it was my turn. I didn't know why i cared so much.

"Sooner or later, he'll have to know."

"I know. Just not now okay? He needs to see how we're so close. And maybe he'll figure it out."

"He won't want to believe!"

"How do you know?!"

"I JUST DO, OKAY?" He wasn't screaming, but emphasizing.

"JOE! Please. Just not now. We'll find a way. I'll find a way to let him know. We could just be close. He'll know. And then, he'll have to believe." I was making him trust my idea when i knew i didnt.

"I DON'T LIKE THE WAY HE LOOKS AT YOU! It seems like you're his girlfriend, rather than mine. It doesn't feel good when CAP or Changjo tells me about how you and Chunji are so matching, or compatible, yknow?"

"Just endure with it for a while longer okay? Please?" I went over to him and pulled him down to the sofa. We sat close to each other, and i laid on his shoulder. "We mustn't hurt Chunji okay?"

"Why do you care about him so much? Do you... like him?" I immediately thought about it. Did i like him?

"NO! You know i don't..."

"I guess.." he put his head on mine, "maybe i think too much. I just want to let people know we're together. It's not good hiding it."

"I know." I laid on his shoulder all way through, thinking," Do i like Chunji? I don't know... Is that why i'm saving him from the hurt? Is that why i don't want him to get hurt? Is that also why i didn't want him to know about Joe and i?"