Chapter 14: Debut stage

Dance off.

(Nicole's point of view)

It's been a week, and not once did we text the guys. Not because we didn't want to, But because our phones was given to our manager oppa.

During this week, we went to various places to confirm our debut stage, our recording of the new song, our stage names etc.

We confirmed our debut stage, and boy, it was going to be grand. Alot of lightings, dancers and decorations just for 'Dreamers'. We went there, all dressed up and looked around nervously. We were excited too. Us singing on stage for the first time. And of course, Teentop will be performing. So on the day of the rehearsal, we went there extra early and requested to rehearse first.

We got into our positions for the new song we recorded, "Call me baby". I was the first one to sing. And due to countless practices, i got everything right. The dance was tiring, but fun. It fit the song perfectly. And every one of the members got a part to sing. We had 2 rappers; Kiki and Sonia. Once we got everything over and done with, we left in a rush.

The day before the rehearsal, we had our stage names.

My name was changed to "Eun Mi" which meant grace and beauty.

Kiki's was changed to "Seung-ah"

Ai's was "Rin" but the manager calls her "Rinnie"

T's name was "Cho Hee".

Sonia's name was switched to "Sonny"

And lastly, Lynn's name was changed to "Jin Ae"

We loved our names, but it was going to take some time to start calling each other like that.

Physically, we all at least slimmed 5-7kg. Due to practice everyday and night. Plus, our appearance was changed drastically. Even our dressing sense was totally different. I was pretty sure we all changed quite alot, except that we still love our boyfriends.

I missed Joe hell of a lot. So did Kiki. Oh, wait. I mean Seung-ah. Ai kept wailing for her phone to text CAP. Even T, too. Sonia just looked pretty emo. And Lynn cried. She really missed Ricky, we could tell. Actually, Manager-oppa took our phones was because he was afraid that we might say something about our debut stage. And he was right to take away our phones. I would've told Joe. I missed him so much. I couldn't sleep properly. Not that we did get alot of rest.

On the day of the debut stage, we had to go to the recording studio to hear ourselves again, and to see if there was any mistakes were made. When it was confirmed that nothing was wrong, we went out, getting excited about our debut tonight.

On my way out, i saw someone who stopped my breath. It was Joe. He came out of the dance studio opposite. I looked at him, and wanted so badly to shout out. But as he turned, i immediately walked off.

We got in the black car that was awaiting us. As usual, i sat near the window, thinking about Joe. Soon, we reached the destination. And we walked in, greeting everyone. Everyone commented that we were pretty, as usual. Yeah, sure, we were happy. But now, it doesn't seem to go in. Especially that we were going to perform in awhile, and we're gonna face Teentop's angry faces afterwards.

We walked in to the holding room and sat down. "Do you think they'll get mad?" Sonia asked.

"I guess they've already forgotten us..." Lynn added.

"Unnie," Kiki called me, like she has been doing for this week, "Teentop's walking in..." I looked up and turned to the door, They looked over us, and didn't recognise. Part of me was upset. Part of me was relieved. The rest of me was just craving to walk over and hug him. I surpressed my feelings and just looked down. All of a sudden, i heard someone calling out my stage name.

"Eun Mi-ssi?" A deep voice echoed. I turned and saw my manager beckoning me over.

"Ger-oppa.(Ger = short form for manager)" I walked over, calling out.

"This is Jinki, the emcee for today," he gestured to a good-looking male beside him.

"Annyeonhasaeyo, Eun Mi imnida," I greeted. We chatted for a while when right over his shoulder, i saw someone blond. Looking closely, it was Joe.

"Eun Mi ah? Kenchanayo?" I snapped out of the gaze and looked at him.

"Bwo-ayo? Nan kenchana-so," I replied. He turned behind to see who i was looking at.

"Oh.. That's L. Joe from Teentop. Do you wanna go and say hi?"

"No! I mean, no, thank you. It's okay," I stammered. He smiled and nodded, then beckoned that he had to go on stage. "Okay, sure."

I went to sit down with the girls who were avoiding the guys. Suddenly, we were told that it was our turn for interview.

I turned and saw Joe looking directly at me. I mouthed, "Sorry" and went up with the girls who took deep breaths. Joe looked confused, and i realised that it must have been my appearance. I looked very different from before. My jet black hair, now dyed blond. My usual long side fringe replaced by sideswept bangs. And recently, i lost weight. I looked really different, i guess.

As i walked up stage, the two emcees welcomed us greatly. "Annyeonghasaeyo!"

"Annyeonghasaeyo, banjjak banjjak(shiny) Dreamers imnida!" We all said together. Then it was turn-by-turn.

As leader, i took on the first. "Annyeonghasaeyo," ninety degree bow, "Leader, Eun Mi imnida!" I smiled brightly.

Kiki went on next, "Annyeonghasaeyo, rapper Seung imnida!"

Then it was T. "Annyeong, sweet vocals Cho Hee imnida!"

Then Ai, "Annyeonghasaeyo, emotional voice Rinnie imnida!

Next was Sonia. "Annyeonghasaeyo! happy Sonny imnida!"

Lastly, it was Lynn. "Annyeonghasaeyo," she said, sounding shy, "maknae Jin Ae imnida."

When we were done introducing, the emcees asked us how we got together, who was the oldest, and our new song's preview. We ansered honestly, and the oldest was me, sadly. We didn't bother to see who was the oldest before, but recently, we had to. And i was older than Kiki and Ai a few months.

When it was done, we walked off stage. Apparently afraid to step int he holding room. We were going to see Teentop in there. I wonder what they'll think. Slowly, slowly, we walked in. Lynn went first, then Sonia, T, Ai, Kiki then i.

They turned to look, and suddenly, Changjo jumped up. "Kiki!" She turned and saw him.

Then he ran to her, hugging her tight. "How'd you know it was me?" She asked. Kiki changed the most. Uber slim, her long hair cropped short and with makeup, she was a total different girl. She was pretty before, but now, she looked pretty in a different way.

"Don't ask. Where did you go? Why didn't you pick up my calls? Reply my texts? I missed you sooo much!" Changjo blabbered. Hugging her so tightly, he touched her hair, her face and her arms. "What happened? Why're you so skinny? You lost so much weight in a week? Oh my... My heart is aching. Oh gosh. Come here," He said, pulling her even closer.

"Oppa! Nan kenchanayo!(I'm okay) Nan jinjja, jinjja pogoshipo-yo!(I really, really  miss you)" She hugged him back and didn;t let go. Suddenly, Ricky came bouncing over and pulling Sonia.

"What happened?" All he had to do was ask, and she started crying. "Omo! Don't cry. Why're you crying??" He pulled her into a hug and she mumbled something which he replied, "I missed you too~" They hugged for so long.

Next up, Ai was suddenly running towards CAP, who held open his arms invitingly. They hugged and he kissed her. And they didn't say anything. Chunji ran to T, and Niel went up to Sonia. They all had their boyfriends back.

I walked to Joe and said, "Did you know?" He had tears in his eyes. He shook his head, and let out a huff.

"Forget it," he said. And walked away. I turned, feeling so helpless. I looked around, and saw all my friends with their boys looking at me. Joe walked out the door and i thought i was going to lose him.

Then Chunji came up to me. "Oppa," I said. I didn't realise i was crying when he wiped my tear from my cheeks. "Why is he like that? All of you guys look so happy to see your girls. Why is he so upset? I don't understand..." Tears kept falling. Until Chunji couldnt contain me, he hugged me.

"He got really worried.... Just give him some time. He thought you were kidnpped or something. Really worried. Maybe he needs to breathe. Just let him. I'll talk to him soon okay? I promise," Chunji said. I held on to him and when i looked up, T was looking at me. I quickly let go of him, and she came over.

"Don't worry, Unnie," she said, "I know there's nothing. Continue. He told me how much he cares for you. Like his younger sister. I understand." She smiled sweetly and hugged me, then walked off.

"Nicole-ah," Chunji said. "Don't cry okay..?" I nodded then went out to the toilet.

As i got out, i saw Joe with a girl. He had his head in his hands and she was patting his back. Then he laid against her. And more tears fell out from my eyes. He left me in the room.....and met this girl? I ran to the toilet, crying. Knowing i made him worry, and now, he probably doesnt care anymore that i'm okay.