Chapter 16: Forgiven

Dance off.

(Nicole's point of view)

I was standing downstairs Joe's place. Walking in circles. I texted him 15 minutes ago, telling him i'd be here waiting. I was going to explain everything, like i told him this evening. I wondered how i should explain. Would he understand?

Suddenly, i felt a pair of arms come around me from behind. Joe hugged me tight, as i heard him breathing in. He sighed then turned me around. "Sorry about today," he said, "I wasn't doing anything with that girl. I swear! I just got upset bout you and i-"

"Joe. We'll talk about that later okay? Lemme explain first," i interupted. He nodded and looked at me with those eyes i missed so badly. Slowly, i looked down and started, "When i went for the recording once with T, Lynn and Sonia, the guy listening to them thought that us six would be awesome together. And we just got so caught up in being famous. And not only the fame. Us together was what mattered. The girls felt so in place. And we sang so...it was just so in sync. Even with dancing. The guy saw us and thought we'd be perfect. But because we were some secret, we weren't supposed to tell anyone. We recorded one song, and bam! We're debuting the next week. We got so caught up. And our manager just took all our phones to prevent us from telling anyone. So i did wanna text you. Believe me. The girls wanted to text the guys too. But we couldn't. We spent nights thinking about you guys. And i did too, Joe. I missed you so badly. So please don't get mad." After what seemed so long, i took in a deep breath and looked into his eyes.

His eyes lightened as he said, "I'm not mad at you. I was worried. I kept thinking so much. I thought that you got kidnapped. And i thought that i did something wrong. I couldn't stop worrying. I messed up steps while dancing....and many more mistakes i did. I've never felt so lost. Even CAP-hyung and Changjo.They were so lost...their eyes showed everything."

"I'm sorry.." was all i could think of saying. Then Joe pulled me towards him and hugged me tight. His hand was placed behind my head and my forehead was pressed into his shoulder. His other hand came around the small of my back. We stayed like this for a moment when suddenly he whispered, "There's someone behind the trees. Don't let them see who you are. You'll get into trouble. When i count to three, we run in the building, got it?" I nodded and he started, "One... Two-"

"Wait!" I whispered, harshly.

"What?" He whispered back.

"We go on three, or go on go?"

He laughed at that and said, "Just follow my lead. Ready?" I nodded and he counted, "One, two, three!" He immediately pulled me along and alot of flashlights appeared. We ran all the way and finally got into the building. All the reporters stood outside the glass door and kept snapping pictures. He pulled me inside the elevator and said, "Next time, meet me in the building."

I smiled and he followed suit. We panted and i said, "So this is what it's going to be like? We can't meet in public like that?"

"I guess.." The lift doors opened and he held my hands to his dorm apartment. When we got in, i saw all the girls inside, cuddling with their boys.

"Woah. How'd you girls get in here? There're like so many reporters out there," I asked.

"We got in through the back," T said. So that got me thinking. If we had to get through the back just to meet our boyfriends, won't it be like such a trouble?

"We all need to talk," I suggested. "We're all idols now. If the reporters find out we're all together, what's gonna happen?"

Then CAP said, "I don't know, maybe we'll have to stop seeing each other?"

Ai exclaimed, "What?!" All of us started murmuring. And mumbling.

"Well, we don't want to split, do we?" I said sadly. Joe came to hug me from behind, suddenly and Changjo went to hold Kiki's hand. CAP hugged Ai tightly. The rest held on to their girls. "So now, its either we split, or we come clean, or we continue keeping it a secret?"

"If we split, we'll all be unhappy.." Sonia pointed out. We all nodded at this.

"If we come clean, won't all out fans think we've been lying?" Ricky said.

"But if we keep it a secret, won't you girls be upset?" Joe started. "Won't y'all feel that other girls get to be with their guys openly, but you girls can't?"

"But we're not normal girls. We're idols and different," Kiki stated.

"I won't let you feel upset," Changjo protested. "I wanna give you the same feeling like how a girl in love should feel."

"I do, and that's enough. I'm voting for the secret," Kiki said.

"Me too," Sonia, Lynn and i said. Then T and Ai stepped in with our decision.

"No!" Joe said. "I think i wanna come clean." Changjo second-ed that motion and so did the rest of the guys.

"Dudes! What's wrong with you guys?? We wanna keep it a secret. Coming clean would ruin everything. People would think we lied about everything. And who knows? All the fans might just as well hate us!" T yelled. Chunji immediately went to her side and calmed her down. Still, the guys didn't listen.

"Girls," I said. "Come here." They came over and i started saying, "Let's talk to the guys alone. Make them see sense. Okay?" They all agreed. I went to Joe and pulled him into his room.

"What's wrong?" he asked, as i tugged him to sit on the bed.

"Let's just talk," i said. "Why can't we keep it a secret? You know it's better than losing all your fans."

"It is. But i don't want you to have a boyfriend that doesn't even seem like one."

"What? You do seem like one. It's really okay. I don't want to split. And i don't want you to lose your fans because of me. Now that we're both getting famous, that's good."

"But we won't be able to meet up all the time... If i'm free, you'd be busy..."

"Who knows? We might both get time off. We'll make it work," I said. I was being positive, whereas he was getting negative.

"No. It's not going to." He stood up and walked to the computer table. "What i feel for you is special. If it was nothing special, i'd go along with what you said. But i don't wanna play around with something that i feel is real" He laid back against the wall and closed his eyes.

"This is playing around. This is making it work. We can't give up everything just because we feel that something is real. It's not worth it. Love can't be everything."

"It can't be everything but love is something. I don't want to take away what you should've had in the first place."

"I don't care about that. I care about you and me. This is what i want. I like my job. Alot. For once, my world isn't only revolving around dancing. It has some light in it. And i'm not ready to give it up yet. And you? It's something you love to do. Do you wanna give it up so soon?" I asked. He breathed and walked towards me. Kneeling down in front of me, he took my hands in his.

"Are you gonna be happy with this choice?" I smiled at his words.

"Of course," I proclaimed.

"Then fine. I'll go along. But whenever you're unhappy, i want you tell me. You got it? Once you are sad, we'll come clean, okay?" He tapped my nose lightly and i leaned forward to hug him. "I just don't wanna take away anything from you. SInce this career is what you like, i won't take it away."

I unhugged him and kissed him lightly on his lips. He smiled and said, "That was for..?"

"For not taking my dream away," i said, and hugged him again. Suddenly, the door swept open and in came all the guys and girls. I looked at the girls and they nodded then showed me an okay sign. We all had a group hug and i said, "We'll make this all work out." They "yeah"-ed and we wondered how we were supposed to leave tonight.