Chapter 5: The fury.

Dance off.

Early in the morning, i woke up, realising i was smiling non-stop. Maybe because last night was an awesome day, that's why. I got up and headed for the bathroom. As i got in, i the hot and cold water and let it fill the tub. I stepped out of my room, and headed into the Kiki's room. Seeing that she was still asleep, i quietly got out and steered myself to Ai's.

She slept just like a baby. So sweet. Unlike Kiki who was snoring. I went back into my bedroom toilet and saw that the tub was filled. I turned the water off, and undressed myself. Swiftly, i got into the tub and relaxed myself. I thought about alot and most of them was about Joe.

When i was done, i pulled a tube and a pair of shorts on and headed out. Just then, the bell rang and i rushed to get it. I didn't want to wake the girls up because they just got to Korea yesterday and they needed their rest. So i ran out to the front door, forgetting to check who it was, i opened the door. I saw Joe standing there, with a pair of jeans, a plain white tee and a jacket and i immediately smiled. "Hey," i said.

"Hey...." He pulled on his word and suddenly looked down at my tummy. I followed his gaze and looked down. My eyes widened as i saw my tummy being shown. My tube only covered my chest! I looked up at him and saw his eyes going further down at my legs. I looked down and saw that the shorts i had on only covered like one fifth of my thighs. He quickly looked up and caught my eyes. "Uh, do you wanna-" He started, but was interupted by someone.

"Hyung, we can't find that candy you wanted!" I heard Ricky's voice from the lift lane and i gasped aloud. Suddenly, Joe took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. "Get in, change your clothes-" Once again, he was interupted.

"Hyung! We're here." Ricky stood there, looking at Joe's arm around me and a smile crept over his shocked face. We started to explain.

"It's not what it looks like-" i said.

"I'm just-" Joe tried.

"Don't think other-" I continued.

"Don't you dare let this-" Joe warned.

"It's really, nothing-"

"Please, don't you tell Chunji plea-" he said. When he mentioned Chunji, i turned to him and asked.

"Chunji? What has this gotta do with Chunji?" I asked. Joe's hands just squeezed my upper arm and pushed me backwards into the apartment. His expression got a little hard and i asked again. "What?" We just kept walking and suddenly, i fell ontop of the sofa, pulling him with me. He fell on me and he did a little gasp.He looked at me and his jaw hardened.

"Oh my god," a voice came, and it was Kiki's when i turned to see, "We're just gonna go back to our room..." She said, pulling Ai with her.

"Take me too!" Ricky yelled and closed our front door then running into the room. I turned back to Joe and saw him looking into my eyes, but he made no effort to move.

"Oppa," I started, "What is it with Chunji? Why do you look like this?"

"Uh, he.." he forced out, "likes you." I blanked out and started thinking. I did like him once, but now i like Joe. I pushed Joe off and he didn't budge, but when he noticed my effort, he stood. I sat up and asked, "So what now? He likes me. So?"

"So... I can't afford to let him know...that..."

"That what?" I asked.

"That i...like you." Those 4 words made my world stop. Liking him was one thing. Him liking me back was another thing. I could fall for him like a fangirl does, but he can't like me. Not that i'm stopping him. But still!

"So you like me...and Chunji-oppa too... So what now?" I asked.

"I don't know.. I can't tell him that i like you too. He's my friend, my buddy, my brother and my teammate. I can't hurt him." This broke my heart. I thought that he would tell Chunji that he likes me, and i like him back. That we both can just like each other. But no. We have to keep it a secret? Is there even an "it" with us? I guess not.

"Do you..like me too? Because i'm pretty sure i can feel it," he stated.

"I do. But what's the point? You like me, i like you. But we can't even let it be known. So what's the point? You should just live your life, and i'll live mine. Okay?" I didn't know what came over me, but i just knew that i was upset. I was angry that we couldn't like each other openly. We can't be like other couples who love and let everyone know.

"Wh-what? You're acting like you don't even want to know me," he said. I could tell that what i said to him had hurt him. But really, i was way more hurt. Imagine knowing someone you like, has mutual feelings, but you couldn't be together because of friendship.

"It's not that i don't wanna know you. Am i important to you?"

"Yes you are! You're the first girl that i fell for. I've never had this feeling for a girl before. My life was all about dancing and rapping and training and all. I've never had the time for a girl. But now, i've met you, and i really wanted to let the members know, but before i did, Chunji jumped the gun. He had a talk with me last night and told me how he felt for you. I just...i can't just tell him you like me and i like you too."

"And you're the first guy who really mattered. Imagine the person who mattered so much to you just told you can't show your feelings because of a friend. It's as if you're pushing me away." I stared at him, looking straight into  his eyes.

"I'm not pushing you away, Nicole. I want you. But Chunji, he-"

"Forget it, okay? I don't want to go through something that isn't even real."

"What's not real? I'm real. My feelings are real. You are real. You feelings too are real! Us. We're real. Don't say that it isn't real. You make it sound like there isn't a chance."

"Chance? What chance is there? You don't even plan to tell Chunji about us." I started to walk away and he grabbed my arm.

"Please, don't do this.. I just gotta figure out some things with Chunji and i know-"

"Know what? Huh? Tell me. What do you know? Do you know how happy i am when i see you? Do you know how much i think of you? Do you know i liked you since the day i saw you? Do you know that i secretly smile everytime i look at your videos on YouTube? People just think i'm a fangirl. No one knows what i have for you is real. So tell me, what do you know?"

"I know we can be together." He looked into my eyes and stared right back at me hard. "I know it's possible."

"Heh. Forget it." I walked towards the kitchen, and he pulled me back again, this time into his arms.

"Why? Why do you wanna forget this?" I cried. I knew that we could be together. And i wouldn't mind that he didn't tell Chunji. But i didn't want to be with him, and in 3months, when i have to go, everything will end.

"Because," I whispered, "when my training's over in 3months, i'll just go home, cry and pretend nothing happened. Whereas you would continue being a star. It's impossible that we can stay together. And i don't want to get my hopes up."

"Let's just try it out okay?" He asked, "who knows? It might just work out, right?" Too embarassed that i practically screamed at him before, i nodded, instead of saying anything. He un-hugged me and looked into my eyes, "So, you wanna try it out?"

"Yeah. I want to. But i want you to ask me sincerely." I smirked and his eyes widened. He isn't the only one who can embarrass me!

"Ask.. you... to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I folded my arms and looked at him, with a smug smile on my face.

"Fine," he nodded and smiled. "Will you be my baby?" I smiled and grinned then nodded. He pulled me into his arms and rested his cheek on my head.

"You might wanna get some clothes on, baby." I blushed at 'baby' and turned to my room to get some clothes. Just then, all three friends appeared.

"AWWWWWW!" Kiki and Ai's voices boomed through the halls. "That was sooooo sweet!" AI exclaimed.

"Congratulations!" Ricky said, and came over to pass me a big shirt. Joe left an arm around Ricky's shoulder while i put on the big shirt.

"Just don't tell any members yet." He told Ricky, then turned to me, "Baby, i'll find a way to talk to him okay?"

"Sure," i said and smiled weakly. I didn't wanna hurt Chunji-oppa. I love him, however he was nothing but my brother. I walked to the balcony and tried to figure a way to tell Chunji without hurting him. The rest stayed there and kept chatting about us.

I looked out, over the view of the vast sea and pressed my lips together. Suddenly, i felt someone hugging me around my arms and even without looking, it was Joe. I laid back against him and asked, "How do we tell him without hurting him?"

"Baby, it's impossible to not hurt him..." Joe said, while resting his cheek against the side of my head. "But, we'll just figure out how to minimize the hurt okay?" I turned my body toward him and hugged Joe tightly.

"Sorry to make you choose me over your brother," i apologised.

"Silly. I would have chosen you in the future and he would still have to deal with it. Only difference is, i would've told him first then ask you to be my girl." He hugged me even tighter. And all of a sudden, i felt the need to make the atmosphere lighter.

"Joe, when did you start liking me?" I asked, as a pushed him away and held him at a distance where i could see him clearly.

"Since the day at the piano." He smiled and looked at me. I blushed and hugged on to him. Was this what happiness felt like? Would this last? Somehow, i know this won't last. But i'm still holdong on to it. I'm just praying that this feeling would last a little bit longer.