030

Intertwined Fates

"Are we done yet?"

"Shut up, Yoongi! If you can't be of any help, at least shut up." Seokjin chided as he unloaded the last box from the back of the mini van. He placed the box by the side of path way, then stood up straight to dust himself. "Geez, if you couldn't be anymore annoying..." Yoongi complained under his breath, walking away and into the newly built apartment block. 

He made his own way up to the apartment and walked in, "Jin hyung's on his period today, remember! Don't piss him off, or you'll die from his nagging." he announced, laughing. "He's gonna kill you if he hears this, Yoongi hyung." Jimin chuckled, warning him but Yoongi just laughed it off, plopping onto the couch. 

"And.. We're done! This is the last box!" Seokjin appeared at the doorway and dropped off the last box by the shoe rack, walking in hastily. Jimin flung himself onto the couch as well, massaging his arms. "Ah, my muscles are all aching." He groaned. 

You were the next one to appear at the doorway, holding your very own box that was much smaller compared to what the boys were carrying for you. You set it down carefully on the dining table, because it contained some of the most important items that you owned. 

You had your long hair tied up into a messy bun, and you were wearing a black shirt with lace running shorts for moving day. 

It hasn't been known to Jungkook yet, but you've actually bought your very first house and you've just finished moving everything into it with the other boys. Other than the still slightly upset Taehyung, the rest of the boys were happy that you got to do what you want and not get tied down by Jungkook. 

You turned to the boys and shot them a wide grin. "Thank you guys! I wouldn't have been able to move so fast without your help, so thank you." 

"What? Do we get a prize?" Jimin chuckled, "Do I get a hug or.. pizza maybe?"

"You get pizza and that's it." You glared at Jimin who then raised his arms up with bewilderment at your seriousness. "Okay, princess. If that's what you say." He chuckled. 

Shaking your head, you grabbed your phone off the table. "I'll call for pizza," just as you were about to actually call for pizza, a call came. A look of amusement swept over your face as you realized that the caller ID showed no one else but Jungkook. What does he want again this time?

"Hello?"

"Hyomin? Did you move out alone?"

"Yeah, I just got my own apartment."

"Do you know that it's dangerous for you to do that? You're just a girl and who knows if—"

"Look, Jungkook, thank you for your concern.. But,"

"But?"

"You don't have a say in this anymore."

"Right."

"Goodbye, Jungkook."

Sighing, you hung up. "What'd he want now?" Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows as he asked. "He didn't want me living alone, told me it's dangerous." 

Yoongi pursed his lips, "What a big fat hypocrite." You just shrugged and dialed for the pizza place again, pushing the thoughts of Jungkook to the very back of your mind as best as you could. Why did he even care if you were safe when he practically cursed you out not long ago? 

 

"Taehyung?"

"Hmm?"

"How could he just leave me like that?" You asked, looking up from your lap and straight into his eyes. 

Silence enveloped the both of you while you sat out on the front porch of Taehyung's house. It was hard to adjust to the new surroundings of the fresh apartment, so you asked if you could hang out with Taehyung for the night. 

Taehyung shot you a sad smile, "I don't know, sweetheart. If I did, I would have told you. If I knew he'd leave you like that, if only I knew, I would've prevented all of this from happening. I would've stopped you from getting hurt by him, and you wouldn't be suffering now. I would've made you mine even before you fell for him, sweetheart. I would've made you feel like the princess of the world, the happiest one." 

You nodded quietly. 

"Don't bother looking back anymore. It's not worth it to spend your days thinking about what could, should and would have been. Sweetheart, you have to know that you deserve so much better than what you were given. You deserve to know how much you're loved just by the look in those eyes. You need to feel the butterflies you love to hate, since they're the constant reminders that what you're feeling is real. You belong with someone who will stay standing and fighting by your side through everything and anything the world will throw at you. You are worthy of a love that will touch your heart and help you realize that you are worth it." 

Taehyung placed the mug in his hands onto the coffee table. Reaching out, he caressed your cheek. "I hope you love that someone back and realize how much he's putting in for you."

That melancholic smile never left his face.

 

Taehyung looked at him dead in the eye, possibly sending chills down his spine. As Taehyung took a step forward towards him, he took one backwards. "Let me ask you one last time," Taehyung started.

"What the hell do you want from her?" 

"Nothing. I want nothing, hyung." The latter replied, putting his hands into his pockets. 

Taehyung scoffed, "Stop giving me bull. Do you really think I'd believe you? Do I look that foolish to you?" he asked, anger slowly filling his insides. 

Jungkook just stared back at Taehyung exasperatedly. "Hyung, you're already being foolish for loving her." 

"What?"

Jungkook chuckled, as if this whole situation itself was a big joke. "Don't you get it, hyung? She's just playing around with your feelings! Otherwise, why would she lose so many boyfriends? They were just mere flings she had as a rebound to the previous lost love. Haven't you realized that the reason was solely because of her and not the person she was dating? It just took me a while longer to understand how stupid I was for sticking with her, giving her my all and then realizing that she was just going to let go of me just like this. I wasn't even given a chance to redeem myself, and it's all because of her! I'm the way I am now, all because of Hyomin! She going to ruin you like how she ruined me. Hyung, please wake up!" 

Taehyung just looked at him like he was speaking utter nonsense. 

"Do you know how stupid you sound right now? Do you, Jeon Jungkook?" 

"Do you still not get it?" Jungkook rolled his eyes. 

Taehyung just in a quick breath to compose himself, he didn't want to get into any more trouble. "I can't believe what you're saying now, do you know how ridiculous you sound? How is it possible for you to speak so ill of her when she was once all you wanted? You need to realize that the only reason you're you now was entirely because of yourself! How can you simply blame it on her when she helped you the most? Do you still have a single bit of conscience left in you? What have you done to yourself..." Taehyung looked at Jungkook with pain in his eyes, like he just lost an important part of himself that he couldn't possibly get back anymore. And it hurt, even though all he wanted to do now was the punch the out of Jungkook. 

For crying out loud, Jungkook was Taehyung's little baby brother that he kept close to his heart and loved with all he had. 

"Her past relationships were not her fault, I'm pretty sure you're just lying to yourself right now because you know her better than anyone of us. They weren't rebounds, you're not a rebound. For 's sake, she loved you so much! How would she feel if she heard all these coming out from you? Do you understand how much pain she will feel? I bet you don't because you look like she wasn't a big part of your life before and that she didn't matter to you. She's not the type of person, and you know it. She falls in love easily, she craves for the love. And you know why?" 

Jungkook just stared blankly at Taehyung. 

"Because she's been hurt so many times. She needs love to numb the dulling pain in her heart. She's the type of girl that can't stand being alone because it eats her up from the inside, her pain consumes her. She yearns for love and concern just like how a child yearns for his mother. Hyomin suffered so much, and I thought you were really the one that would make her happy. But this? She gave you so much of herself, she spent so much time and effort on you and yet you're the one that's doing this to her. You got yourself into a problem and now you're blaming her for it? That's not being heroic, that's just being a plain coward. If you had to guts to do something, admit it like a man. And when you didn't want to accept and face the reality, she did it for you! 

Goddamnit, she gave her a part of you and you chose to step on it, to break her to pieces as if she wasn't already.

Were you stupid?

Trust me when I say this: hundreds and thousands of other guys out there in the world would kill for a girl like her, but you just threw her away, like she was a rag doll. Because of what you did, she had to carry all the consequences for it. When are you going to wake up and know that? She wasn't deliberately letting you go for nothing, she wanted you to realize that what you did was wrong. 

But the only mistake she made was to let you go in hopes that you'd go back to her side. 

She wasn't ruining you, she was saving you from being ruined, Jungkook." 

Taehyung sighed heavily. 

"I—" 

"I know you have no intentions of going back to her, am I right? If that's the case, then I'm not going to risk it anymore." 

Jungkook frowned, "Risk what?"

"Risk letting her get hurt more than she already is." 

Taehyung looked away from Jungkook, his eyes flickering all around the place.

"I can't stand looking at her get hurt and doing nothing about it." 

Jungkook just laughed nonchalantly at Taehyung being heroic, "Oh really?" he asked, a smirk spread across his lips. 

"I'm not going to stand by and watch the person I love get ripped into shreds by someone I used to call my best friend." Taehyung seethed, hands balling into fists as he glared at Jungkook. He just couldn't believe how his best friend could turn into his worse enemy overnight.

"Go nuts," Jungkook mocked, that smirk still resting on his face. 

Taehyung glared at him, his blood boiling.

 

"Watch me."