Chapter Seven

In too deep

Hyuk woke up and rolled over. He hated mornings. He rolled a bit further and bumped into something. He opened his eyes and was met with his husband's plushie.

'Aish!' He growled irritated and threw it through the room. Then he realised Donghae wasn't in bed anymore. He quickly got up and showered. As he was descending the stairs he heard laughter. He frowned as he approached the kitchen. The first thing he saw was a laughing Cho Kyuhyun. Not just laughing but with tears in his eyes. Hyuk had never seen that before. Then his eye fell on his husband. The boy had bedhair and his eyes were still sleepy. He whispered something and Kyu started laughing again. Subin, his housekeeper, was flipping pancakes and smiled at the scene.

'Why are you guys so noisy in the morning?' Hyuk growled.

The laughter died.

'Morning, Hyuk.' Kyu said.

'Good morning, Hyukjae.' Hae quickly said.

'Want some pancakes, sir?' Subin asked.

'Call me "your lordship"' He snarled at her.

'My apologies.' Subin bowed.

'Don't be so rude.' Hae couldn't help but comment.

Hyuk's head snapped to the boy. 'What?'

'She's a lovely lady, treat her better.' Hae continued, ignoring Kyu's signs to quit it.

'And who the hell do you think you are?' Hyuk snarled.

'Your husband.' Hae said softly. He turned to Subin. 'I'm sorry, Su. I guess our lordship is moody in the morning. I'm sure you know what his favourite food is. Can you make it for him?'

Hyuk was speechless for a second. Then he grabbed Donghae and pulled him into the next room. 'Listen up, kid. This is my house. My rules apply here. Don't act as if you own the place, don't forget I am the one with the money here.'

'I can tell money and status are very important to you, Hyukjae, but it doesn't cost anything to be nice to people.' Hae answered.

'Why bother, they'll only stab you in the back sooner or later.'

'No they won't.'

'How can you be so sure.'

'Cause I have your back.'

Hyuk's mouth opened and closed again. 'What?'

'You are my husband, I won't let anyone hurt you.' Hae said calmly.

'You are insane.'

'Nah, like you said, although for the wrong reasons, I was brought up well.' Hae smiled.

 

'Kangin, Kibum, listen up. Your first goal is to protect my husband from kidnapping or any kind of harm. I also want you to observe him well. Find his weak spots. I expect a daily report from both of you.' Hyuk ordered.

'Yes, my lord.' Kangin bowed and left with Kibum.

Kyu was sipping his coffee as he scanned his best friend's face. 'What's wrong, Hyuk?'

'What do you mean?'

'You can be moody but what the hell was that earlier in the kitchen?'

'I was annoyed.'

'Why?'

'Don't want to talk about it.'

'Is it Hae?'

Hyuk's eyes narrowed. 'I would appreciate it if you didn't give my husband a nickname, Cho.'

'You do realise he's a human being and not one of your many possessions, right?' Kyu said.

Hyuk grabbed Kyu by the shirt. 'I own him, got that?'

Kyu's eyes widened. 'What the hell is wrong with you, Hyukjae?'

Hyuk let go and turned around, trying to relax. 'For some reason that boy brings out the worst in me, I'm sorry Kyu.'

'What happened last night that got you so derailed?'

'How would you feel if your partner would have with someone else on your wedding night?' Hyuk suddenly asked.

Kyu blinked. 'Hae slept with someone yesterday?'

'Just answer the question.'

'I would be devastated.'

'Yeah, right? That....'

'Unless.' Kyu interrupted 'unless I would feel nothing for that person, maybe I would be relieved then.'

'Relieved?'

'Yeah, that I was left alone and not forced into something intimate.'

'Hmmmm.'

'Isn't it against your contract that he sleeps around?' Kyu frowned.

'Oh he wasn't the one cheating.' Hyuk smirked.

Kyu stared at his best friend and then sighed.

'What?' Hyuk asked.

'Just be careful, okay?'

'Why are you saying that all of a sudden.'

'Because even without doing anything, this boy is already getting under your skin.'