Chapter Fifty

In too deep

'Did you get your alert button?' Heechul inquired as he scanned Hae. The boy had a certain glow. Heechul smiled inwardly as he liked to see Hae so happy.

Hae nodded and turned to Kangin. 'You should have stayed with Sungmin, I think I'm protected enough!'

'He's visiting his parents anyway and he would kill me if something happened to you.'

The door bell rang. Heechul went to open it. He frowned when he saw Kyu on the other side. 'Since when do you ring the bell?'

'Since Hyuk threatened me if I kept barging in.' Kyu pouted.

Heechul laughed. 'You look good.'

Kyu's eyes went over Heechul's face trying to detect if there was any mock.

'Aish!' Heechul punched him. 'If I say you look good then you look good!'

'I get scared when you are nice to me.' Kyu smirked.

Heechul closed in, his eyes all serious. 'You should be, very scared.'

Kyu gulped.

'Heechul stop messing with my best friend.' Hyuk said from behind them. 'Is Hae ready?'

'Yeah, I'm here Hyukkie!'

'Awwww, you look so good. Maybe too good. Turn around!'

Hae hesitantly turned around.

Hyuk's gaze went from the shoulders to the boy's back and landed on that . He stared at it for a couple of seconds. 'Kyu?'

'Hmmm?'

'When do we need to be there?'

'In twenty minutes.'

'Damn it!' Hyuk cussed as he forced himself not to touch his husband.

'Why? Should I change?' Hae asked uncertain.

Hyuk pressed himself against the boy's back. 'I'd never let you leave the bed if you do.' The shocked gasp he earned made him grin.

 

'Hi Donghae!' Minho greeted him.

'Minho!' Hae smiled, he saw Hyuk was busy talking to some CEO so he took the Choi a bit to the side. 'How are you?'

'Good now that I see you.' Minho grinned.

Hae blushed. 'Stop flirting, it makes me shy.'

'Yeah and I think I just got a death glare from your hubby.'

Hae snapped his head to the side and indeed he saw Hyuk looking at them and his face was set to storm. Hae took a step back.

Minho had seen the little interaction. 'You really do love him, don't you?'

The blush deepened and Hae just nodded. 'Is your brother here?'

Minho acted hurt. 'Why? You think he's more handsome than me?'

'What?' Hae was confused.

'Of course I'm more handsome and hello there cutie.' Siwon wrapped an arm around Hae's waist. Hae quickly pulled away. 'Hi Siwon.'

'Siwon, behave.' Minho warned.

'Why should I? It's not fair that that piece of trash gets to do it with this perfect being!' Siwon said.

Hae could smell the liquor on the other's breath. He turned around but Siwon grabbed his wrist.

'Where are you going?' Siwon asked.

Hae saw Hyuk tense up a bit further. He defused the situation by sending Siwon his sweetest smile and releasing his wrist at the same time. 'To get you some water.' He walked up to the bar. He sensed Hyuk's presence before he felt that body pressed against him.

'You are making me insane with jealousy.' Hyuk whispered.

'He's drunk.'

'He touched you.'

Hae got the beverage and turned around, facing Hyuk. He pecked his husband's lips. 'I'm yours.' He simply said before he freed himself and brought Siwon his water. Hyuk was spoken to by yet another important associate but he kept his eye on his husband.

'He's really something.' The man said as he had followed Hyuk's gaze.

'Hmmmm.'

'My daughter used to have the biggest crush on him.'

That alerted Hyuk. 'Your daughter?'

'Yeah, she works with him. She's a doctor.'

Hyuk connected the dots. 'Dr. Jung.' He mumbled.

The man nodded. 'There were times she couldn't stop talking about him.' He checked the time. 'She should be arriving soon.'

Hyuk briefly closed his eyes.

 

'Siwon?'

'Yes gorgeous?' Siwon turned to Hae.

'Won, stop it!' Minho snarled.

'Are you alright?' Hae asked concerned.

Siwon was about to make some cheesy remark but the worry in the younger's eyes touched him. 'Y-yeah.' He got rewarded with a smile.

'Does your husband know what kind of a flirt you are?' The venomous voice of Dr. Jung made Hae tense up. He turned to her and slightly bowed.

Siwon noticed how uncomfortable the boy got and frowned. 'Who are you?'

'I'm Dr. Jung, I'm Donghae's superior.'

'Yeah, I don't think so.' Siwon said curtly.

The smile on the doctor's face turned bitter. 'Excuse me?'

'You seem like a real , no way you are his superior in anything.'

'Mr. Choi, might I remind you that your father is in our best care, you should show some respect.' She said.

'Oh, by all means, let the bastard die!' Siwon raised his voice.

Hae grabbed him and Minho and seperated them from Dr. Jung.

'What is her problem anyway?' Siwon muttered.

'She has a thing for Donghae, it's quite obvious.' Minho stated.

Siwon looked at Hae but the boy just dragged both of them to the next room.

'Careful, gorgeous, your husband might get upset if he sees you pulling at me so eagerly.' He teased.

Hae froze and let go of both men.

'Siwon.' Minho warned.

'I know you care for Hyuk.' Hae blurted out.

Siwon's face contorted. 'As if.' He snarled. 'He's a lowlife, a nobody, a....'

Hae hugged Siwon tightly. 'He's your friend and you miss him.'

Siwon was trying to get away. 'No! I hate him!'

'You protected him!'

'What have you been telling this boy?' Siwon was outraged as he glared at Minho.

'Hae, please let go.' Hyuk's voice was calm and collected. Kyu was right behind him.

Hae immediately obeyed.

Hyuk caressed Hae's cheek for a second and then looked at Siwon. 'You really hate me?'

Siwon shifted his weight. 'You know I do.'

'I always thought so but new information reached me and now...I'm not that sure.'

'Oh really? Should I hit you a couple of times so it gets to your tiny little brain?'

'Siwon.' Kyu whispered.

Siwon had no idea he was crying. 'What? Why does this punk think I care for him? Why would I protect him? You took his side anyway, Kyuhyun.'

Kyu paled.

Hae couldn't handle the pain he sensed and tears filled his eyes.

'Don't look at me like that!' Siwon's voice broke.

Hyuk stepped closer. 'You should have told me, Wonnie, I would have fought for your safety.'

'Hyuk.' Siwon was perplexed.

'I would have too.' Kyu added.

'I'm sorry you were hurt this badly and I hope one day we can be friends again.' Hyuk said softly. He wrapped his arm around a tearful Hae and guided him away.

Siwon stared helplessly at his former best friend. 'Minho?'

'Hmmm?'

'Take me home.'

'Sure, Wonnie.'