Chapter Forty Seven

In too deep

'Donghae?'

Hae looked up from the tray of medication he was preparing. 'Kibum.'

'Just reminding you that it's lunch time.'

Hae smiled. 'I'm fine.'

'I promised the boss to make you eat.'

Hae was shifting his weight from one foot to the other. 'So...if I don't, you might be in trouble?'

'If you don't do what?' Hyuk said.

Hae turned around and smiled brightly. 'Hyukkie!'

Hyuk blushed as he heard Kibum chuckle. He grabbed Hae and kissed him. 'I'm taking you out for lunch.'

'I only have 30 minutes.'

'We'll eat here in the restaurant. You'll have to eat in ten minutes though.'

'Why?'

'Then we have twenty to do other stuff.' Hyuk whispered.

'Can't we just skip lunch?' Hae whispered back.

'Tempting but food is my priority with you.' Hyuk sighed, grabbed the boy's wrist and dragged him along.

 

 

'I'm going to visit him.'

Siwon looked up as he was shocked by Minho's words. 'Why?'

'He's our father.'

'He ruined everything, Minho. I don't get why we are having this conversation. He hurt mum, he treated us so badly. He might be wealthy but he has no value as a person!'

'He's dying.'

'What?'

'You heard me.'

'What's wrong with him?'

'Cancer. He doesn't have long.'

Siwon buried his face in his hands.

'One more thing, Wonnie. Lee Donghae is his nurse.'

The older's head snapped up.

'Coming with me?'

Doubt reigned Siwon's mind. 'I need time. Keep me up to date.'

 

'Taste this.' Hyuk offered his husband some stir fried vegetables. Hae obediently opened his mouth but Hyuk quickly shoved it into his own mouth. A big grin on his face.

Hae pouted.

'Here, Hae.' Kyu said gently but his chopsticks got knocked out of his hands by a pissed off Hyuk.

'What do you think you are doing, Cho?'

'Feeding your husband.'

'He can feed himself!'

'You shouldn't like that, Hyuk! Look at that pouty lip.' Kyu said.

Hyuk stared at it and offered some food again. Hae looked at him, scanning to see if it was a joke again.

'I'm sorry, baby, I won't pull back.' Hyuk said huskily.

Suddenly Hae felt hot.

'Why are you blushing?' Kyu frowned.

'I-I'm fine.' Hae stuttered, his eyes transfixed on Hyuk.

'Open wide, babe.' Hyuk whispered. He offered the food as one hand sneaked under the table and Hae's thigh.

Hae took the bite and moaned.

'Wow that food must be good.' Kyu said.

 

'I can't believe you really made me pay.' Kyu whined.

'I know what you earn a month, man up.' Hyuk scoffed.

'Is this how you show love?' Kyu continued. ' your friends dry?'

Hyuk his lips, his mind was elsewhere.

'Good lord, there is no talking to you when you are like this.' Kyu huffed as they got in to the car.

 

Hae was almost skipping through the hallway as he spotted a person in the waiting room. He stopped as they locked eyes. 'Finally here to see him?'

Minho nodded.

Hae smiled.

'But can we talk first?' Minho asked.

Hae brought him to an empty room and signaled to Kibum that he was alright. Kibum still stepped up. 'Donghae, the boss won't like this.'

'I'll press the alert button if needed, ok?'

'I'll still have to inform him.'

'I know.' Hae closed the door and turned to Minho.

'You must think we are horrible children.' Minho said as he looked through the window.

'I've learned people always have their own reasons for behaving a certain way.' Hae said softly.

'He was a terrible father and husband.'

Hae walked a little closer and sat down.

'He treated us like employees, yelling, demanding. We were never good enough.' Minho bit his lip to control his emotions.

'Was he always like this?'

'As long as I remember, yeah. He worked very hard, has a lot of power. Even now.'

'Did he...' Hae hesitated. 'Did he beat you up?'

Minho finally turned to the nurse. His eyes were radiating hurt. 'Worse.' He whispered.

Hae blinked, he instinctively got up and hugged the man.

'He tried but Siwon always protected us.'

'Us?'

'Mum and me. Siwon always took the beating.'

Hae was comforting the now crying Minho as he was thinking fast. 'How was your grandfather? Your dad's dad?'

'I never met him but mum was afraid of him.'

Hae remained silent.

'Is-is he going to die?' Minho's muffled voice expressed so many mixed emotions, Hae couldn't help but hold him closer.

'He doesn't have long. The treatment is only prolonging his life, not curing him.'

'You think I should visit him?'

Hae pulled a bit back so he could look the man into the eye. 'That is your choice, Minho. But if you do, I'll be there.'

'You are really nice. Hyuk is lucky.'

Hae smiled. 'I'm the lucky one.'