Chapter Sixty Nine

In too deep

Hyuk pulled a still sleepy Hae with him to the kitchen. He heard voices and stopped abruptly. Hae slammed into him and whined a little while rubbing his sore head. Hyuk quickly turned around and kissed the spot on Hae's head. He motioned the boy to be silent as he tried to listen in on the voices.

Hae was about to protest and scold his husband but then he clearly heard the upsetness in Kyu's voice.

'You can't possible be serious about this!' Kyu said.

'Calm down.' Siwon said a lot softer.

'How can I calm down, why does he want to meet such a criminal! Any idea what this will do to Hae?' Kyu outed.

Hyuk was about to step in but Hae held him back.

'I-I'm sorry, you are p-probably right, I just wanted to see my father.' Yesung stuttered.

Hae's eyes widened and he stormed passed his lover into the kitchen. He glared at Kyu and hugged Yesung.

'I'm sorry Hae!' Yesung whispered.

Hae felt him tremble and soothed him. 'It's normal you want to meet him and you should!'

'Hae!' Minho said shocked.

'What? It's his father, damn it!'

'But he harmed you so much...' Changmin said softly.

'I don't have to see him, he has harmed my family and his own. But I understand Yesung's desire. We should respect that.' Hae said detemined.

Kyu was about to say something but caught the glint in Hyuk's eyes and closed his mouth. He sighed and nodded.

 

'Mr. Choi, you have a visitor'

'Donghae?' The old man desperately croaked out.

Taemin shook his head and sighed. 'No, sir, I'm afraid not.'

The wrecked old man closed his eyes, trying to fight the disappointment. When he oppened them again he saw a boy staring intensely at him. Behind him he saw his two sons. Minho was looking at the ground but Siwon fiercely looked him in the eye.

'Father, this is Yesung, he's the son you left with Hyuk's mother.' Siwon said, his voice lacking any emotion.

Mr. Choi gasped. His eyes went from Siwon to Yesung and back. 'What?'

Before Siwon could react, Yesung had opened up his mouth. 'I know you are a bad man, father, but I wanted to see you. I've been thinking about you a lot through the years.'

Mr. Choi frowned.

'Finally I'm glad I was born.' Yesung continued. 'Thank you for making that possible. I have a huge family now, the coldness is gone.'

Siwon's widened eyes met Minho's.

'I don't care that you've done bad things. I hope you learned from them. It's not okay to hurt others. You lose your warmth then.' Yesung said.

Tears appeared in Mr. Choi's eyes.

'But I let you in on a secret, father. You can get it back. The warmth.'

Siwon's fists clenched as different emotions overwhelmed him.

'You must have been cold lately.' Yesung was still adressing his father. 'I hope you can turn the tables, father. No matter how much wrong you did, you at least created three children and I'm thankful for being born and having my brothers with me now. If it's okay with you, I'd like to visit you every week and get to know you.'

Mr. Choi slowly nodded, unable to speak.

Yesung bowed, turned around and left. Minho quickly followed.

Siwon stared at the shadow that was once his powerful father. 'Hae is okay for now, he had a lot to deal with.'

Relief painted Mr.Choi's features.

Siwon turned around.

'I-I'm so sorry, Wonnie.' His father's voice sounded weak and defeated.

Siwon tensed up.

'I lost my way decades ago, I'm sorry you had to suffer so much.'