Chapter Twenty Nine

In too deep

'Donghae, the boss on the phone for you.' Kangin said.

'So you do let people boss you around.' Sungmin said to the bodyguard.

Kangin ignored the nurse and handed his phone over to Hae.

Min frowned, shrugged and continued to work.

'Yes, Hyuk?' Hae asked.

'I forgot to tell you that we have to go to a party tonight, when can you be home?'

'Oh I only have half a shift, I'll be home at 1.'

'Great, then you can prepare, I've called the stylist, I'll text her to be there around six.'

'What kind of party is it?'

'Nothing too fancy, but I have to show my face.'

'Can I invite some friends with me?'

'Who?'

'Amber and Sungmin?'

Hyuk had to think fast. He weighed the pros and cons against each other.

'I'll be super good!' Hae pleaded, feeling his husband's doubt.

'Fine. But make sure they are dressed properly.'

Hae was silent. Hyuk sensed something was up. 'What is it, Hae?'

'They both can't afford expensive clothes.'

'I gave you a credit card the day after we got married, use it.'

'But...'

'I know you've never used it before, but I meant it when I said I'd make sure you have everything you want.'

'Okay.' Hae hesitated.

'The stylist can work on them too.'

'Thank you, Hyukkie.' Hae whispered.

Hyuk imagined the face his husband was probably making and his hand clenched around the phone. 'You can thank me by being on your best behaviour tonight.' He mumbled.

 

'Minnie!' Hae ran into the nurse station, a panting Kangin behind him. Kibum walked in calmly.

'Hae?'

'Please, please come to a party with me tonight.'

Min's eyes widened. 'Really?'

'Yeah! And it gets better, we can first pick up Amber, go shopping and a real stylist is going to work on us!'

Min's face cracked into a wide smile as he hugged his best friend tight.

'Please refrain from hugging my client.' Kangin's voice interrupted their happy dance.

Min stuck his tongue out and continued.

A rare smile was seen on Kibum's face as he watched the interaction. He pressed on his earphone. 'You guys heard that?'

'Yeah copy.' Kyu said.

'Oh please, you stiffy, we don't talk like that' Heechul mocked.

'Am I not supposed to watch Hae?' Kyu whined.

'Yeah, you wish. You aren't half the man you should be to be able to protect my Hae.' Heechul scoffed.

Kyu threw the tissues away he had been using to wipe off the sweat. 'You know what? I've had it! I know, ok. I know I'm no athlete, no bodyguard material. But there is no reason to bully me from dusk till dawn. I don't care how gorgeous you are, you have no right to treat me like the dirt of the earth!' Kyu yelled on top of his lungs.

Heechul quickly grabbed Kyu's earpiece. 'I'll handle this.' He said to the other two bodyguards and removed his own device as well.

'See? You are treating me like a toddler!' Kyu continued, fed up.

Heechul smiled. 'And there I thought you being Hyuk's lapdog had turned you all soft.'

'Don't....' Kyu had to inhale deeply, he was beyond furious. 'Don't ing patronise me!' He grabbed Heechul by the shirt.

Chul quickly threw the man on the ground of the rooftop and made sure he couldn't get away.

The air got pushed out of Kyu as he hit the floor, it took him a bit before he realised he was trapped underneath the bodyguard.

The mock had disappeared from Heechul's face. 'I've pushed too far, I'm sorry.' He simply said.

Those almost sweet words did it, Kyu's eyes filled to the brim.

Heechul cussed as he saw it happen. 'Don't cry.'

'I-I'm n-not.' Kyu stammered as a tear was already rolling down his cheek.

'I need to explain something to you.' Heechul said softly as he wiped it away. 'The only reason I asked Hyuk for your time, was because I saw potential. You really are quite good at gathering intel, you have a very quick mind, the only thing untrained was your body. I didn't want you to get in the middle of something and be harmed because you aren't prepared.'

Kyu could only stare.

Heechul let go and got up, he stretched out his hand as Kyu grabbed it he pulled him up as well.

'Ok.' Kyu said.

'Hmmm?'

'Train me.'

Heechul looked into those determined black eyes and smiled. He nodded.

Kyu dusted his pants off.

'By the way, never knew you thought I was gorgeous, you aren't too bad as well.' Heechul said, giving that bend over a and then leaving a shocked Kyu behind.