Chapter Sixty Eight

In too deep

Hae was waiting on top of the stairs. As Hyuk slowly appeared their eyes met. Hyuk's concerned ones with Hae's warm ones. The latter tugged at Hyuk's shirt, a little pout appearing.

'What's wrong?' Hyuk asked as his eyes flashed from the hand on the hem of his shirt to the pouty lip.

'Too many people in our house.' Hae said softly.

Hyuk frowned. 'Baby, they are all here because they love you.'

Hae looked down. 'I know.' He bit his lip.

Hyuk waited patiently, knowing there was more to come.

'But...I really really need you.'

'I'm right here, my love.' Hyuk said while trying to hug his baby but the hand that had tugged on his shirt was now keeping him at a distance by pushing against his chest. 'Hae?'

Hae was shaking a little. 'Y-you need to make me feel alive again.' He whispered.

Hyuk realised exactly how scared to death Hae had been while being captured. 'Baby...'

'Why does everyone want to hurt us?' A thick tear rolled down Hae's cheek.

Hyuk opened his mouth but closed it again. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the emotion blocking his throat. He watched the silently crying boy helplessly. He suddenly picked him up and carried him to their room. Once in there, he closed the door with the heel of his foot, quickly turned around and locked it. His husband was still trembling in his arms. Hyuk kicked out his shoes and walked to the bed. He gently put his love down but Hae wouldn't let go. Hyuk let himself drop next to the boy who was clinging on to him like a baby koala. He softly rubbed his back and started to whisper sweet nothings into his ear.

'Please, Hyukkie, make love to me.'

Hyuk swallowed. 'Baby, you are too exhausted. As soon as you've got your energy back, believe me, we'll go at it like there is no tomorrow.

Hae smiled weakly through his tears.

'You want me to go get Deedee for you?' Hyuk said as he wiped the tears away.

The grip of the younger tightened. 'No! Don't leave.'

Hyuk smiled. 'Yeah, Changmin could use the power of Deedee now too.' He chuckled. 'He barely survived the attack of the grannies!'

A little muffled giggle escaped Hae's mouth.

Hyuk grinned. It was great to hear that sound again from his love. He watched as he saw those beautiful eyelids slowly drop and close.

'You looked so epic, Hyukkie.' Hae whispered, clearly half way to dreamland already. 'My saviour...'

He pecked Hae's forehead. 'Yes, that's it, baby, sleep a little.' He felt the boy relax in his embrace. Hyuk closed his eyes and images of a tied up Hae flashed through his mind. He bit his lip and tried to control himself. When the first sob escaped, he quickly covered his mouth with a shaky hand. His other hand firmly around Hae's waist. His eyes traveled up and down the man he loved so much.

The tears wouldn't stop. Hyuk finally allowed the fear and the pain to be felt. He felt so guilty that someone as innocent as Hae had to go through hell because of his messed up family.

'Hyukkie...' Hae muttered in his sleep and buried his head deeper against his husband's shoulder, relaxing even more at the familiar scent.

Hyuk looked down and felt warmth taking over. He would protect this man with all he had. Forever. Slowly Hyuk surrendered to his tired body and fell asleep as well.

 

'It's locked.' Heechul sighed.

'What if they are doing....stuff?' Kangin asked.

'Trust me, we would have known already.' Kyu snorted.

Heechul kept trying to open the door with no success.

Yesung pushed the man aside and got some tools out of his back pocket. The other's could barely blink of the door was opened by his nimble fingers.

Changmin smiled. 'Seriously, join me, we could do great things together!'

Siwon smacked the back of Changmin's head. 'Stop trying to seduce my brother, he's been through enough, from now on he's going to have a nice life, no more violence!'

'Awwww look at that.' Kyu made them all shut up and peep into the room. They saw Hyuk and Hae clinging onto each other.

The men stared at the sleeping couple.

Hae sighed in his sleep and pressed himself even closer to his husband while Hyuk's hand went from Hae's waist down to his well shaped .

Sungmin cleared his throat. 'Let's leave them be.' He grabbed Kangin's hand an pulled him away.

'He's such a lucky bastard.' Heechul grumbled as he kept eyeing the couple on the bed.

Kyu glared at the older. 'So are you.' He huffed and turned around.

'On to the next drama...' Minho sighed as he saw Heechul run after Kyu.

Yesung was softly smiling.

'Are you okay?' Changmin asked.

'This is a great family. So much warmth.' He whispered.

Siwon looked intensely at the boy, wrapped his arm around him and took him away. 'From now on, you are one of us.' He said, his tone very serious.

Changmin rolled his eyes but couldn't help to smile. 'Bunch of drama queens.' He said under his breath while he slowly went down the stairs, trying to avoid to alert his harmed body. 'ing bags.'