Chapter Three

In too deep

'We'll make a binding contract with lawyers later on today.' Hyuk said. 'Basically I want us to get married as quickly as possible and to ensure you will never leave me, I'll make sure that if you even try, I will ruin anyone dear to you.'

Hae didn't get time to respond.

'You will accompany me during certain important parties and sometimes on business trips. Obviously you'll move to my house. I expect you to behave, that means no drugs, no excess of alcohol and no affairs. If you disappoint me in any way, I will punish you accordingly. I'm seven years older than you, so you will listen to everything I say and do as you are told.'

Hae opened his mouth again to speak.

'I'm not done.' Hyuk said coldly. 'I will give you everything you want though. I'll make sure you have the latest fashion in your closet and all the new gadgets available. When your looks fade away, I'll have the best surgeon fix you up.You won't have to work and I have plenty of staff to manage the house. You'll be guarded 24/7 to prevent any kidnapping. But I guess you are used to that.'

Hae could just stare at him.

'That's what I want in a nut shell. Now speak.'

'The contract needs to state that you can never harm those employees, that you will work hard for their future.' Hae said determined.

'Of course.'

'I can keep my own personal bodyguard.'

'Kim Heechul, I was informed he has quite the record, so ok.'

'I want to keep doing my job.'

Hyuk frowned. 'Why would you, it puts you in danger unnecessary.'

'It will keep me from going insane, I have to keep busy. It's a small hospital and the manager knows, they have their own security anyway.'

'If I can put two men in there, then we'll have a deal.' Hyuk shrugged. 'It benefits my image if my partner does charity.'

'I don't want anyone to know who I am.'

Hyuk sighed. 'That will be hard, I'm a public figure.'

'We can try. I ride my bike to work, no fancy cars, no one calling me lord. I'll change my appearance on your parties so my co workers or patients don't find out.'

'Change your appearance?' Hyuk wasn't too sure.

'Yes, a suit and some subtle make up can do wonders.' Hae stated.

'Fine, anything else?'

'One more thing.' Hae breathed in slowly and avoided eye contact.

Hyuk smirked. 'If it's about , don't...'

'It isn't about .' Hae interrupted. 'My parents have to believe we fell in love.'

Hyuk was speechless.

'It's a deal breaker.' Hae continued with his last bit of courage. 'If they ever found out that we are not real, I'm leaving without any consequences to them or to the workers.'

'But they know everything, I approached them.' Hyuk snarled.

'Then we'll have to convince them that it was love at first sight today.' Hae said stubbornly.

'You fool, they'll never fall for that.'

'I can act well.' Hae shrugged.

'I intend to still have with people.' Hyuk hissed.

'Go ahead, just be discrete about it.' Hae answered.

'You won't be allowed any affairs though.' Hyuk made sure that was clear.

Hae smiled. 'I could call you a hypocrite but I don't care. Since I will be married to you, in no way will I taint my own believes about marriage.'

'Do you realise what you are saying?' Hyuk said shocked. 'A life without ? What kind of man are you?'

'A bought one if you agree with all my conditions.'

'I don't know if I can act in love with a man, with you.' Hyuk stated.

'Don't worry, they'll just think you are shy or reserved. Just don't push me away in their presence.' Hae said softly.

'I just don't see the point.'

'I don't want them to suffer. If they would know all this, they would blame themselves. There is no need for them to feel guilty. I'm walking into this with my eyes wide open. Their most important goal in life, is to see me happy. I can give them that illusion.'

Hyuk was in deep thought. 'Deal.' He said after a while.

 

Heechul's eyes narrowed when Hae returned home. A blush was painting his cheeks and his eyes were sparkling.

'Mum, dad!' Hae shouted excitedly.

His parents came running.

'What happened, why do you look so thrilled? Were you able to convince him?' His dad asked.

'No! Even better.' Hae said enthusiastically.

'What is it, dear?' His mum smiled at her son's cuteness.

'I-I think I'm i-in love.' Hae said dreamily.

His parents frowned. 'What?'

'Hyuk, I m-mean, mister Lee is so dashing. Underneath the businessman is a kind soul. And he's so handsome! Please, please let me marry him?'

They were shocked. Heechul opened his mouth but closed it immediately. He kept eyeing the boy.

'You are only 22 Hae, you don't know what love is yet.' His mum said softly.

'He makes my heart beat faster and I can't keep his smile out of my head. I really want him!' Hae almost whined.

'He smiled?' His dad was completely shell shocked now, trying to imagine the cold Lee Hyukjae smiling.

'You do realise he just wants to marry you for your title, right?' Heechul finally spoke up.

Hae turned around and smiled the one smile that could even melt his bodyguard. 'He has noticed me a year ago. When he found out the company was in trouble, he just wanted to save the company and me.'

'So he's in love with you as well?' His dad's disbelief was tangible.

Hae just nodded and acted like he was surpressing a squeal. 'Mum, dad, with you guys it was love at first sight as well, you've got to understand!'

His parents smiled. His dad hugged him tight and whispered; 'Who are we to stand in the way of love?'